And Im loving the apps on the new phone. I do however miss Cortana and the better camera on the Nokia Lumia 920 but alas, I needed the apps. Still I am new here and Im new with the iPhone and I was wondering if people could help me by recommending some photo apps? Ones that can do HDR and photo editing.

Thank you.
    11-11-2014 03:00 PM
    Welcome to iMore...

I would recommend Camera+. It is awesome has a ton of features and is a great photo editor as well.
    11-11-2014 03:13 PM
    Vsco cam is good , but there are literally thousands of photos apps.
    11-11-2014 03:27 PM
    For ease of use, the winner hands down is Snapseed, IMO. I've used most of them in the past and none of them compare to its quick editing capabilities. Are the end results better? That's subjective, of course, but Snapseed can hold its own with all of them. Comes with textures, special effects, frames, etc. And it's a freebie. It's the only photo editor I use.

(No affiliation)
    11-11-2014 03:59 PM
    And Im loving the apps on the new phone. I do however miss Cortana and the better camera on the Nokia Lumia 920 but alas, I needed the apps. Still I am new here and Im new with the iPhone and I was wondering if people could help me by recommending some photo apps? Ones that can do HDR and photo editing.

Thank you.
    Microsoft's Cortana is coming to iOS! Go to Window Central article!
    11-11-2014 04:04 PM
    Welcome to iMore and ConGrats on your new iPhone 6+.....ENJOY
    11-11-2014 04:15 PM
    Welcome to iMore, and congrats on the your new 6+.
    11-11-2014 04:20 PM
    Does anyone know how to block a contact in the contact list on an iPhone 6?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-11-2014 04:32 PM
    You can either do it by going into the contact in question in "edit" mode and "block contact" is all the way at the bottom or touch the "i"/info button either in call or text history (in "details") and there should be the "block contact" option in both
    Does anyone know how to block a contact in the contact list on an iPhone 6?

11-11-2014 04:48 PM
    I too just switched from Windows Phone, Nokia Lumia 1520 to iPhone 6 Plus. This is my first iPhone, in fact the only other Apple product I have ever owned was an original iPad. I'm trying to find a good app to log my workouts that is not too complicated if anyone has any suggestions.
    Vyenkatesh likes this.
    11-11-2014 06:06 PM
    I too just switched from Windows Phone, Nokia Lumia 1520 to iPhone 6 Plus. This is my first iPhone, in fact the only other Apple product I have ever owned was an original iPad. I'm trying to find a good app to log my workouts that is not too complicated if anyone has any suggestions.
    I like mapmyfitness, mapmyrun there all linked together. I use that and a fitbit to log everything.
    GSOgymrat likes this.
    11-11-2014 06:57 PM
    Hey Cleveland, There's no Block contact in the edit mode on mine

11-11-2014 08:28 PM
    Hey Cleveland, I found this tho. On iOS 7/IOS 8 made it easy for us to block unwanted calls and text. Some carriers have allowed us to do this for years, by blocking numbers on their end, but not all carriers made this available to their customers. What do you do? How is it easy to block a number?

I. Go into the 'settings' of your iOS 7/IOS 8 device, scroll down until you see 'Phone'. You'll then see a tab that says 'Blocked', click on it. This is where you'll be able to add contacts to or delete contacts from being blocked.

II. Go into your 'phone'. If there is a number that has been calling you, but it isn't a contact of yours, click on the 'i' with a circle next to the phone number and date. Scroll down to 'Block this Caller', click 'Block Contact' and they're now added to your block list.

This will send the callers straight to voicemail! They may be able to leave a voicemail, but you will not get it.

11-11-2014 08:32 PM
    Microsoft's Cortana is coming to iOS! Go to Window Central article!
    Got a link? I couldn't find anything saying they're bringing it to any other platforms other than WP and possibly windows. There are plenty of articles from mid June speculating about bringing her to other platforms, but nothing more than that.

Cortana is probably the biggest thing I miss about WP, Siri frustrates me to no end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-12-2014 12:09 AM
    I definitely miss Cortana.
    Last edited by taz323; 11-12-2014 at 04:35 AM. Reason: removed link
    11-12-2014 12:33 AM
    I definitely don't agree on the fuzzy, buggy and slow camera on the 920 being better than the iPhone 6Plus but anyway, welcome to iMore. Enjoy your phone.
    11-12-2014 03:04 AM
    Welcome to iPhone life, enjoy your new phone.
    11-12-2014 06:27 AM
    I definitely don't agree on the fuzzy, buggy and slow camera on the 920 being better than the iPhone 6Plus but anyway, welcome to iMore. Enjoy your phone.
    Having owned the 920 and 1520 and being new to iPhone 6 Plus my impression is the 1520 can take great pictures with lots of detail if the user is practiced with how to optimize it but the iPhone 6 Plus makes it easier to get great pictures. Photos taken with the 1520 can be awesome or completely off where photos with iPhone 6 Plus are more consistently correct and pleasing.
    Last edited by GSOgymrat; 11-12-2014 at 12:53 PM.
    rdubmu likes this.
    11-12-2014 08:17 AM
    I know it doesn't help in the now, but I think, based on the fact we haven't seen any major Siri improvements or enhancements for a while, that the "S" model is going to bring a major "overhaul" (for lack of better term) to the Siri feature on the iPhone. There seem to be a number of different smaller companies that Apple has acquired over the last couple of years that I think we're about to see a real injection of ability into Siri for the next generation phone.

This is just a forecast though, no facts to back it up with...it just seems like an obvious next move.
    11-12-2014 09:42 AM
    I too have come from Windows Phone back to iPhone, its been a while with Windows Phone, left iPhone to go to HTC Mozart 7, lately had a L820 then a L1320, had been having problems with mic, making calls no one could hear me, I have serious heart problems, it was important I had a phone I could be heard on, I had tried Android, so back to iPhone 6, loving it, got a iPad too.
    11-12-2014 09:49 AM
    Welcome to iMore! Enjoy your new iPhone!
    11-12-2014 09:38 PM
    Welcome to imore enjoy your new phone
    11-12-2014 09:41 PM
    I am also a windows phone veteran, owning a htc hd7, Titan 2 and Lumia 920 over almost 4 years.. Now on with the iPhone 6 plus... I miss windows phone but I don't miss the app gap... And app quality.
    11-13-2014 10:00 PM
    Got a link? I couldn't find anything saying they're bringing it to any other platforms other than WP and possibly windows. There are plenty of articles from mid June speculating about bringing her to other platforms, but nothing more than that.

Cortana is probably the biggest thing I miss about WP, Siri frustrates me to no end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cortana may soon be ready to impart her knowledge onto iPhone, Android users | Windows Central

Cortana may soon be ready to lend her sagely knowledge and wisdom to users of non-Windows Phone platform. Microsoft could soon be ready to unleash Cortana, a digital voice assistant that debuted on Windows Phone, on to competing operating systems to take on the likes of Siri for iOS and Google Now on Android. Though specifics were not disclosed, Microsoft hinted at its plans to free Cortana soon.

According to a report on Business Insider, Microsoft chief experience officer Julie Larson-Green told a group of journalists and analysts that Cortana could be destined to land on other OSes.

When asked if that meant Cortana would eventually come to other operating systems, Larson-Green said, "The short answer is, yeah."

Likely, the experience of using Cortana on a system like iOS or Android would not be as rich or easy as it is on Windows Phone. Microsoft likely won't be able to tap into hardware keys to quickly call up Cortana as it does by a press of the search key on Windows Phone. The case is similar to Google Now for iOS, which requires iPhone users to launch the Google search app to call up Google's digital assistant versus a long press of the home key for the native Siri.

What do you think of iPhone and Android users potentially having access to Cortana in the future?

Update: Or as Rudy Huyn mentions, other OSes could imply Microsoft's own family rather than competing operating systems. In this case, Cortana could be headed to Windows or Xbox.

Sorry, the person who wrote the article or someone at Microsoft did not explain it quite correctly! I just report what I read!
    11-14-2014 10:21 PM
    So I managed to get an iPhone 6 plus today at the att store and everything.

I don't have my windows phone anymore. The last time when I had my original iPhone, I had my Lumia 1520 but this time I have no Lumia and this is definitely a new experience for me. It's been an hour so far and I am not sure if I hate or like it just yet.
    11-15-2014 12:51 PM
48 12