What do you do on your 6 Plus that you didn't really do on previous iPhones?

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'd like some feedback on what uses and/or tasks you now do or do better with the iPhone 6 Plus vs. a previous version iPhone.

I'm looking for more professional related things but games & personal stuff is ok too. Please provide as much detail as possible, including the app you're using & the phone you upgraded from.

Thx

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
More / better functionality

I came from the iPhone 5s and got the 128 space grey iPhone 6+. I find apps like pages easier since its spread out and looks better....
Moyer content is shown in the app and have a 1080p screen makes viewing a dream
Also the landscape keyboard adds more functionality with short tools that make it easier too use...
A big plus in my
The calender view had more days that are down now but nothing too special.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd like some feedback on what uses and/or tasks you now do or do better with the iPhone 6 Plus vs. a previous version iPhone.

I'm looking for more professional related things but games & personal stuff is ok too. Please provide as much detail as possible, including the app you're using & the phone you upgraded from.

Thx

Why?

corytx8

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Its easier reading and writing emails. I use fantastical for my calendar and I really enjoy how easy it is to put events into the calendar. I use it to pull airport weather and data prior to a flight too.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Quite simply, I've been on the fence to get one (an upgrade from the 5s). I already have the original wifi Mini and a T-Mobile Air and since iOS 8, find that the only real reason I use the 5s is to make /receive calls. The Air is both used at work & home (55% of my work day) but the Mini being used less & less (Even at home, I simply grab the Air even if it's charging). I do not answer phone calls on either device (iPads) but will Skype and Facetime on them.

So I was curious, with the larger screen size, what are you using your 6 plus for that you weren't using your older phone before (or find it more functional now to use it since you have a larger screen). I guess part of me wants to see if there is less emphasis on the phone now if you have an iPad to compliment it.

Most posts on here simply talk about "whats on your lock screen" or focus on the hardware itself. I'm looking for more app related posts; increased levels of productivity / functionality by upgrading to the 6 Plus or if you didn't upgrade simply because another device, even if it's a competing tablet, does everything you need.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Its easier reading and writing emails. I use fantastical for my calendar and I really enjoy how easy it is to put events into the calendar. I use it to pull airport weather and data prior to a flight too.

Thanks - do you have an iPad (or any other tablet) too? If so, are you using it any less?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Although I won't have my 6 Plus until Tuesday. I'm sure I'll be using it more to read music charts. I use a app called iReal Pro. With the app you can write your own and read charts that other users have written. Everything from 40's BeBop to Beyonc?. My iPad is still my go to for doing this but with the 5.5 screen of the Plus I can get it done easily. This app was developed before the iPad was released so folks read music on the 3.5 screen iPhones.
So if I have a gig where I might have to read music I won't have a second thought of leaving the iPad home.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't use my iPhone or iPad for business but I can tell you I haven't picked up my iPad mini once since I got the 6 plus.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I use my 6 Plus for most of my daily tasks. I use my air for work when I need to remote into work if I'm out in the road. And I also have my laptop with me also. For me they all have a purpose.

Now that MS got the real office products working on the iPhone it's great now because I can just open and modify a document real quick If need be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded from the 5s to the 6 Plus today. I can immediately see email and working in my tasks app being so much easier but not to the point that it would replace the iPad Air.

itsgusmetropolo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded from the 5s to the 6 Plus today. I can immediately see email and working in my tasks app being so much easier but not to the point that it would replace the iPad Air.

You said you haven't been using the iPad Mini recently, so it was expected that you would still use the iPad Air for its size.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
You said you haven't been using the iPad Mini recently, so it was expected that you would still use the iPad Air for its size.

True, the iPad Mini sees the least action, at least for now. Having the 6 Plus, iPad Air and the Mini is like having multiple monitors. One isn't enough, two are great in most cases but every once in awhile a third comes in handy.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I find that I'm less likely to pick up the iPad to read a long blog post or news article since the 6 plus can fit a lot more text on the screen. That is if the 6 plus is already in my hand. If I'm already using the iPad, I don't put it down to pick up the phone.

I'm the same way with this. I actually browse on Safari a lot more than I ever did on my iPhones of previous.

I watch a lot more video on my 6 Plus than I ever have before on previous iPhones. I compose more emails for work on it as well since the keyboard isn't so cramped as it was before.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Watch movies and videos A LOT more...I actually started loading up movies on my iPhone and watching them during long shifts where I had nothing to do vs. having my computer out. Kind of nice not having to haul my MBP every where!

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I suppose watching my purchased TV shows. When I had my iPhone 4 I used to watch TV shows on there but once I got the original galaxy note and after that tablets, I stopped watching videos on my phone. One of the main reasons why I returned my iphone 5S was because the screen was too small. Since having the 6 plus I've been watching a lot more of my TV shows on there. I've even been using it more than my iPad Air for web browsing.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't do anything differently. Still do all the same tasks. I browse Twitter and the Internet, Read books on my Kindle app, Watch Movies and TV shows from iTunes, listen to music and podcasts, track my lists with Wunderlist, manage my calendar, and a few other things here and there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods