Beats music any good?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't care for it. There's better available. I've been using Spotify mostly for that. But I listen to Radio Paradise more than anything.
Radio Paradise by Stormy Productions
https://appsto.re/us/j8NKr.i

You can also get Radio Paradise on Tune In Radio.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

itsgusmetropolo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I have tried Spotify and it worked wonders, but I am living in Canada right now and they didn't have it here until a month ago, so I switched to rdio and did not think about going back because it's cheaper and does the same.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think Beats Music is VERY NICE. I finished my trial version and I'm considering signing up for it..

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I've owned an iPhone since the 3G came out. I have countless apps. The Beats music app is THE worst, sorriest excuse for an app that I've ever seen. It's hideous, ugly, terribly laid out, confusing, confounding, and overpriced. If you want music, I highly suggest something like Radium where you can listen to FREE internet radio. Paying a monthly fee to listen to music is about THE stupidest idea that I've ever heard of.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I've owned an iPhone since the 3G came out. I have countless apps. The Beats music app is THE worst, sorriest excuse for an app that I've ever seen. It's hideous, ugly, terribly laid out, confusing, confounding, and overpriced. If you want music, I highly suggest something like Radium where you can listen to FREE internet radio. Paying a monthly fee to listen to music is about THE stupidest idea that I've ever heard of.

Thanks for your opinion, and I do agree with Beats being over priced. One of the reasons I haven't subscribed is I have a problem paying for a streaming music app when their are so many FREE ones

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your opinion, and I do agree with Beats being over priced. One of the reasons I haven't subscribed is I have a problem paying for a streaming music app when their are so many FREE ones

There is no free lunch, and there is no free music streaming music app/service that lets you listen to anything you want without some type of restriction.

Free beer would be nice though.... :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
There is no free lunch, and there is no free music streaming music app/service that lets you listen to anything you want without some type of restriction.

Free beer would be nice though.... :)

You are correct and I stand corrected. Beats allows you to listen to any song/artist at any time while the others that I have experienced are more on a rotation basis.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Err what? I pay for music with Google play music all access and it's the best thing ever. $7.99 a month I can listen to any Cd or song that is on the service for free and more importantly not waste data and listen by saving it on my memory for offline use (you can stream as well) don't knock it because YOU don't see any value in it...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Also, the majority of those "free" music streaming services are laden with ads and have a lower sound quality. Another caveat is you will not get access to their whole library of content unless there is an option to upgrade. Free is not necessarily always good thing!

I'm anxious to see how Apple will migrate Beats Music into their fold to make it more Apple concentric. Personally, I think the move to buy Beats Music and including the Beats hardware was a good strategic move by Apple.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Err what? I pay for music with Google play music all access and it's the best thing ever. $7.99 a month I can listen to any Cd or song that is on the service for free and more importantly not waste data and listen by saving it on my memory for offline use (you can stream as well) don't knock it because YOU don't see any value in it...

I can listen to internet radio with Radium for FREE. Hell, iTunes Match is better than any paid streaming service. Why pay a monthly fee to listen to something that is broadcast over the FM radio spectrum?

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I currently pay for Spotify, Beats Music, iTunes Match, and have the free Pandora app.

Beats Music is by far my favorite, their curated playlists, and the sentence function are brilliant!
The only reason I keep Spotify is because it scrobbles to my last.fm account, scrobbling is the only function that Beats doesn't have that I really wish it did.

$20 a month (Beats & Spotify) is nothing for unlimited access to whatever music I want, on demand to me.

Also Beats has a 14-day free trial, so I say try it out, you have literally nothing to lose.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I can listen to internet radio with Radium for FREE. Hell, iTunes Match is better than any paid streaming service. Why pay a monthly fee to listen to something that is broadcast over the FM radio spectrum?
Because it's radio and I don't listen to it? I want my music when I want and what I want to listen to.... You also can't listen to radio when you have no service in a nyc subway train....

PatrickNSF

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Paying a monthly fee to listen to music is about THE stupidest idea that I've ever heard of.
I'm happy to pay for a subscription to Beats because I think artists should be compensated for their work.

Having used paid versions of Beats and Spotify side by side the past couple of months, I give Beats the nod for sound quality when music is played at the highest setting.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Because it's radio and I don't listen to it? I want my music when I want and what I want to listen to.... You also can't listen to radio when you have no service in a nyc subway train....

You DO realize that you can put music ON your iPhone? I mean it's a stretch, but go with me on this one.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You DO realize that you can put music ON your iPhone? I mean it's a stretch, but go with me on this one.
Yeah I haven't bought music in the last year..... Google music all access is $7.99 a month which is cheaper then 1 Cd yet I get whatever Cd I want to listen to on demand and save it on my phone. I listen to music everyday and a bunch of different types. Idc about radio since I can't choose what I want to listen to nor feel like wasting data on it

Seriously just because you don't see value in buying a music streaming service like Spotify doesn't make it a rip off... Smh people these days. Also read my sig.... It's not an iPhone :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73