Keyboard app?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying a bunch. I really like the look of Theme board but the predictive text is not as good as SwiftKey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I like the look of the ThemeBoard Gold Limited Edition keyboard, but not for $4.99.
33a7d36d1fdd70feed2612e87bfd1bd3.jpg

Sent from my Gold iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I still have too many issues with swiftkey. Still locks up too much for my liking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I still have too many issues with swiftkey. Still locks up too much for my liking.

I haven't had lock ups or issues with SwiftKey on my Air2 or 5s. What kind of issues are you having Zero?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Locks up all the time. Most of the time in messaging. Which is where I want it to work fast so away it went.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had been having a lot of freeze ups in the Messages app while using 3rd party keyboards. But that's slowed way down. I enjoy SwiftKey too much to be concerned with a few freezes. I love being able to type the first 2 characters of my email address and the entire email address shows in the center predictive box. The stock keyboard was always messing me up. If I typed the wrong letter, a whole email address would be entered. It must have come from shortcuts. But I hated it. SwiftKey doesn't do that.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
See to me I think it's easier to just type then always stopping to click on the predictive type. Don't know it seems to take me longer to use it rather then typing.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Locks up all the time. Most of the time in messaging. Which is where I want it to work fast so away it went.

OH okay....it's working good for me so far, but I'm mostly on my Air2

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Also just got done listening to the iMore podcast with all them agreeing about the lacking third party keyboards.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't really bother with them on the iPad since the keyboard is so big.

I'm kinda sad to report, that since getting my Gold iPad Air2, my iPhone 5s has actually turned into just a phone....especially when I'm at home.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm really starting to get the hang of swipe texting. I really like the predictive engine in SwiftKey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
SwiftKey does. I type the first 2 characters of my email address and the entire email address shows in the center predictive box. I'm using their new Christmas keyboard. But you can see the end of my gmail address. I pixelated the rest.
View attachment 73835

Thank you for the info, good to know someone is doing the basic stuff Apple fails to do.

craftEcowgirl

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
SwiftKey does. I type the first 2 characters of my email address and the entire email address shows in the center predictive box. I'm using their new Christmas keyboard. But you can see the end of my gmail address. I pixelated the rest.
View attachment 73835

It does, but enters a space after which needs to be erased. Is there a way to turn off it adding a space?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I used Fleksy a lot and I really liked it but there were a few times (even with the most recent update) that the keyboard wouldn't show up in the Messages app and I had to kill the app before it would show back up. And with the Messages banner, I'd swipe down to quick reply and the keyboard never showed up. It's a great keyboard but I would rather have the phone work correctly, all the time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It does, but enters a space after which needs to be erased. Is there a way to turn off it adding a space?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

It doesn't add a space if it's been entered correctly. You can delete the one with the space from the predictive dictionary by long pressing the box. Like this. I'm pressing the word out. Then start over. You may have to type your entire email address several times to get it right. Delete mistakes.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419689257.137755.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods