Keyboard app?

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
The other apps are still poorly implemented, but Swype seems the best of them (it's the one I use and used to use on Android). I always have issues when I go to use spotlight though

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
i just downloaded the one handed keyboard app.. its beautiful i think, you can decide which color it should have and so on.
and i like the minuum keyboard as well.

they are both customizable and better looking than the stock one.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
It's nice that iOS finally allows 3rd party keyboards. I like swiftkey as well. Hopefully they will make it as refined as the android edition.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Swype fan, as well. But, the Swype for iPhone app needs to be updated for some things that are lacking from the Android version of Swype.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I've tried a ridiculous number of them and had to get rid of them all.

The stock iOS keyboard is second to none in my opinion.

I did really enjoy SwiftKey on my Galaxy S4 and 5, so you may want to try that first.

I might actually give SwiftKey another chance on my Plus.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I prefer SwiftKey. It's a great app. A little glitchy from time to time but I know they'll fix it

Nexus ONE

Yeah. Like sometimes when I get a message in my notification center i swipe and brings me to the message app and when I tap to begin typing a message the keyboard never appears. And it's frustrating at times since I have to exit the app just to get it to appear again. Hopefully they fix this and other issues and the next update.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying "TouchPal". It's not that bad....I like the multiple color and the ability to customize keyboards
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1415327816.173032.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1415327879.278866.jpg

Last edited:

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm using touchPal as well, I find the integration to be smoother than swiftkey at this time but it's just a matter of time before they get these apps to be perfect.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey has updated with a nice Christmas/Holiday keyboard. I use SwiftKey most of the time. This is nice!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418963680.520610.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. Like sometimes when I get a message in my notification center i swipe and brings me to the message app and when I tap to begin typing a message the keyboard never appears. And it's frustrating at times since I have to exit the app just to get it to appear again. Hopefully they fix this and other issues and the next update.

The exact same problem is happening to me lately. Hopefully it's fixed soon

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Do any of these alternative keyboards actually remember things you type like your email address (which IS helpful) and was beneficial on Android when I had them. I don't expect or want it to recall everything I type but frequently used and common ones would be helpful and save time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do any of these alternative keyboards actually remember things you type like your email address (which IS helpful) and was beneficial on Android when I had them. I don't expect or want it to recall everything I type but frequently used and common ones would be helpful and save time.

SwiftKey does. I type the first 2 characters of my email address and the entire email address shows in the center predictive box. I'm using their new Christmas keyboard. But you can see the end of my gmail address. I pixelated the rest.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419043523.766605.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock keyboard and Swype, the only deal breaker I have with 3rd party keyboards is that they don't have voice dictation (Voice to Text) but I'm considering giving Flesky a try

sectionsix

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Fleksy put out a recent update that has an extension that makes it easier to use the 6+ on-handed. Essentially, it moves all the keys closer to the right or left so you can reach all the keys with one hand.

slvrbul

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I always used swiftkey on android, but the settings are totally different than on iPhone so until they allow more settings I will stick to stock !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner