Greetings All,

Are any of you experiencing issues when you rotate your phone to landscape mode while using Safari? My issue is Safari will revert back to the home screen while visiting a web site as this only happens in landscape mode. This just started happening a couple of days ago or so.
    11-03-2014 03:35 PM
    It's not happening while using my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1. Have you tried rebooting your device or resetting all settings?
    arftech likes this.
    11-03-2014 06:14 PM
    I'm not having it on my plus.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    arftech likes this.
    11-03-2014 06:52 PM
    Greetings All,

Are any of you experiencing issues when you rotate your phone to landscape mode while using Safari? My issue is Safari will revert back to the home screen while visiting a web site as this only happens in landscape mode. This just started happening a couple of days ago or so.
    Been trying it on my 6, no issues.
    arftech likes this.
    11-03-2014 06:58 PM
    Nope.
    arftech likes this.
    11-03-2014 08:53 PM
    It's not happening while using my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1. Have you tried rebooting your device or resetting all settings?
    No, I haven't tried rebooting my deice yet but there is a thread on MacRumors that speaks about this issue:
    Safari crashes when rotated to landscape on iPhone 6 plus - MacRumors Forums

Thanks for the suggestion.

Al
    11-03-2014 08:58 PM
    Just tried it on my 6+. No issues here. Is it specific to a certain website? Or any website in landscape mode? If it's nothing personal, maybe you could post the site/link you are on when it happens.
    11-03-2014 09:01 PM
    Just tried it on my 6+. No issues here. Is it specific to a certain website? Or any website in landscape mode? If it's nothing personal, maybe you could post the site/link you are on when it happens.
    The issue was occurring on all websites. It looks like the cure is to bookmark a site as suggested by a poster on MacRumors. For now my issue has disappeared but it's strange I had do that.

Thanks for chiming in. You guys are awesome!

Al
    11-03-2014 09:09 PM
    i tried doing the thing with the bookmark and that didn't fix my issue. it still goes to home screen
    every time i turn it to landscape ..
    01-11-2015 05:54 PM
    I've not experienced this issue.
    01-11-2015 05:58 PM
    ok so i just re-read the instructions on the macrumors site again and re did it and it's seeming to work i really hope this is it. so odd because it just started happening .. good luck
    01-11-2015 06:06 PM
    When you flip to landscape mode in iOS 6 Safari, there is a new button...share the link using Message app.Faster:In addition to the UI changes and...
    01-12-2015 10:06 PM
    Yes, I experience frequent Safari crashes (i.e. going back to the home screen) with my iPhone 6 plus, 128 GB. I have less than 50 apps installed and over over 100GB free. It occurs mostly in Safari but sometimes in the YouTube app, usually when turning the phone horizontal, but not always. If I’m listening to an audio podcast or streaming radio and surfing at the same time, I sometimes hear a “crackle” when a content-rich web page loads, or when I turn the phone horizontal.

Things I have tried as suggested by other forums:

- “Clear History and Website Data” in iPhone Safari settings.

- Reinstalled iOS and setup as a new phone (not from backup). Did this a few times.

- Had the phone replaced once under warranty.

All of these so-called "solutions" were temporary in nature, as the crashing returned a few days later the more I used Safari.

My plan of action is to keep going back to the Apple Store until they can provide me with a phone that doesn't crash so frequently. I expect a lot more from Apple's $1000+ flagship phone, and you should too.
    01-26-2015 11:38 AM