So I used ApplePay for the first time at Walgreens. It connected and all, accepted my fingerprint with a checkmark and then said "try again" on my phone. The receipt printed. It didn't show that I was charged until I exited out of that card in passbook and went back in it. Anyone else have this experience?
    11-03-2014 10:06 AM
    I don't have an updated device yet, but it *appears* to have worked the way it should with the exception of prompting you to "try again".
    11-03-2014 10:13 AM
    So I used ApplePay for the first time at Walgreens. It connected and all, accepted my fingerprint with a checkmark and then said "try again" on my phone. The receipt printed. It didn't show that I was charged until I exited out of that card in passbook and went back in it. Anyone else have this experience?
    What I have noticed is that when you tap makes a difference. At Meijer, for example, if I tap before the checkout screen or at the pump, it never tells me how much I spent in passbook, just that I tapped and the city name. If I tap at the end of the transaction when you select payment option and it asks you to slide, then it immediately sends me a notification about when, where and how much. I am guessing Apple is kept out of the loop on a lot of the transaction details when it is an authorization as opposed to a known transaction amount.
    11-03-2014 10:43 AM
    Maybe that's why and I had it opened up too quickly. Overall though, it did work and is pretty neat. But honestly, it is so far off of being able to take the place of a wallet or carrying around a credit card. On average, for a person's usual "outing", you can only do so much with it before you'll need a credit card again. As long as I can't use it for everything that I usually use the the plastic for, it is a mere novelty. The only thing making it slightly convenient is that at certain stores, you don't have to put your hands into your pocket and take out your wallet, but you still have to take out your phone, open up passbook, click the card, put down your finger....Neither is really inconvenient, but until it becomes something that can truly take away the need for a credit card almost everywhere, it is just "something neat", kind of like showing off Siri when it first was released. It is easier to just do a google search, or click on the commands ourselves, but cool to show people
    11-03-2014 12:02 PM
    you don't have to put your hands into your pocket and take out your wallet, but you still have to take out your phone, open up passbook, click the card, put down your finger....Neither is really inconvenient,
    You do not need to do any of that. Just put the phone near the reader with your thumb on the touch id sensor and BAM you paid. If you want to select a card, then put the phone near the reader, it will automatically open passion and allow you to select a card and then you put your thumb on the touch id sensor and BAM you paid with a different card. Easy and faster than a traditional payment.
    11-03-2014 04:51 PM
    Do you have to ask the teller that you are using your phone to pay before? I was at a uhaul store buying boxes when I was at the card terminal the light was glowing to swipe my card it seems kind of weird that you have to tell somebody that you are paying with your phone before you do it
    11-04-2014 04:50 PM
    I used apple pay at sports authority the other day and it was so funny.

Long story short. none of the employees knew what apple pay was. I asked if i could pay with my phone and they looked at me like " are you on crack" lol. I saw the NFC sign so I used it. they all were speechless.

They asked me like a thousand questions about it and they didn't even know i was using an iphone. Suddenly they started saying out loud that I paid with my phone. I was like wtf lol
    substring likes this.
    11-04-2014 08:17 PM
    Do you have to ask the teller that you are using your phone to pay before? I was at a uhaul store buying boxes when I was at the card terminal the light was glowing to swipe my card it seems kind of weird that you have to tell somebody that you are paying with your phone before you do it
    I didn't ask a thing. It worked perfectly for me! im loving this
    11-04-2014 08:19 PM
    Don't you need to say if its a Mastercard or Visa and stuff like that?
    11-04-2014 09:49 PM
    Don't you need to say if its a Mastercard or Visa and stuff like that?
    Nope. Tap and go.

Sent from my iPhone 6+
    11-04-2014 10:38 PM
    I had my phone out right at the NFc terminal and nothing happened so I took my card out and just swiped. The only thing I didn't do was tell the teller I was wanting to use my phone to pay
    11-05-2014 08:17 AM
    I didn't do a thing when I used it at Walgreens. I just held the phone up to the reader with my thumb on TouchID. I didn't tell the telller anything or even wake my phone up. It worked great and its so quick and easy. I love it.
    11-05-2014 08:37 AM
    I didn't physically tap the terminal with my phone that may be the reason it didn't work
    11-05-2014 08:54 AM
    You shouldn't have to physically tap the terminal. Everytime I use it I just hold it up a few inches from the NFC logo on the terminal and it works fine
    11-05-2014 09:11 AM
    My experiences with Apple Pay has been at Whole Foods and Panera Bread--everything went off w/o a hitch. I tried using Apple Pay at a local Starbucks, but they didnt have an NFC terminal which I thought was odd. My experiences so far have been convenient and easy.
    11-05-2014 09:54 AM