My first impression holding the 6 Plus

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
That phone is just WAY too big. It is so incredibly uncomfortable. The only plus is the camera is almost in constant focus. It focuses immediately.

Other than that, the icons look tiny in that 1080p resolution. The first thing you think about is how much of a waste of space this phone is. Huge screen and it makes everything look out of proportion.

It really is terrible.

I can't think of any reason to get this phone. Mine has a 5.2" screen and it feels like it is half the size.

It is basically an iPhone that has been flattened and stretched. Nothing more.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
LG G2.

Here is the G3 which is even bigger than mine. Btw the G3 also has a 5.5" screen.

The iPhone 6 Plus is just WAY too big.

phone-comp.jpg

I've had the G2 for a year now and it still feels better than the iPhone 6 plus. Mine also has OIS.

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
If the icons look too small you could always switch to zoomed mode. I actually prefer the standard mode with the smaller icons myself.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, "wow f**k that's too big" were my first thoughts, too.
but i think you just have to get used to it, to get comfortable with that phone and its size...

for me it took 2 days and i got used and comfortable and now i look at my 5s and think it's too small now... i wouldn't go back to a smaller screen.
at first i had doubts too and thought about dropping the 6+ because of its size but it turned out really amazing.

thecaringkind

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Did you not try the phone out in a store first? That usually gives you a much better idea of what to expect. I found the weight, feel and overall construction of the phone to be solid and mostly comfortable. I own a galaxy note 4 as well and it doesn't challenge me when it comes to its size even with one handed use depending on the circumstance. I will admit that Samsung does a much better job at making the extra screen real estate usable and useful, by the same token, the 6+ isn't terrible one handed and it is certainly fine with two hands. I think with a little time and developer input iOS8 will be updated and tweaked to take better advantage of the extra space on the 6+.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
That phone is just WAY too big. It is so incredibly uncomfortable. The only plus is the camera is almost in constant focus. It focuses immediately.

Other than that, the icons look tiny in that 1080p resolution. The first thing you think about is how much of a waste of space this phone is. Huge screen and it makes everything look out of proportion.

It really is terrible.

I can't think of any reason to get this phone. Mine has a 5.2" screen and it feels like it is half the size.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I could not disagree more. It is big, but the more I use it the more comfortable and intuitive it becomes. I love the extra screen real estate, the extra icons, etc., and the 1080 resolution is beautiful.

And all of this is from someone who didn't even want an iPhone with a bigger screen.

With that said, get a phone that you can be happy with, and move on. Good luck.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your opinion on the 6 Plus. If you don't like it then move on to something that you like more. Why waste your time complaining about a device you don't care for. Good luck.

lostinaustin

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone is tall but thin , since pickup up the 6 plus my G3 has been for sale on Craigslist . Let's just say , it ain't easy to sell. I prefer the iPhone , with all the crazy specs of the G3 it's still a slower phone , and the battery life blows. The G2 had a better battery.

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone is tall but thin , since pickup up the 6 plus my G3 has been for sale on Craigslist . Let's just say , it ain't easy to sell. I prefer the iPhone , with all the crazy specs of the G3 it's still a slower phone , and the battery life blows. The G2 had a better battery.

I completely agree, I had the G3 before the 6+ and it was very sluggish and battery life was horrible.

I had better luck selling my G3 on Swappa, never had anyone interested in it on Craigslist.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm a BlackBerry through and through (search my ID online), but, even I have to admin the Plus is the way to go. I've had mine just over 3 days now, and I'm still getting used to it. I keep forgetting about the double tap on the home screen button option - yep, I found it by accident. This is what happens when you don't read the instructions of read about new devices online :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

It really is terrible.

I somewhat agree, apple really needs to shrink the bezel because a phone that large to many feels very unweidly in hand. There is not doubt about it that its a huge phone. Maybe with the iPhone 7 they will shrink some of the bezels, and I know with the home button they are going to have some bezels, but there's room for apple to shrink the current iPhone bezels. Now that being said, will be interesting to see if they keep the 2 sizes for future or if they possibly go a bit smaller and just have one "high end phone" say 4.7-5" screen and then have last years model as the "low end/cheap on contract"

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

It really is terrible.

Cool story bro. Don't buy it then? Now let's move along. No one cares.