Going to do the unthinkable today

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Buy an iPad air at auction on eBay late at night. I picked up a mint condition 32gb gsm model with Logitech case for $380.. Huge discount...

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I thought that I indicated that I have an iPad. But either way, I do have an iPad Air and I love it. But I don't know if I need it. I could just keep it and continue with my plan to upgrade each on every other year. Right now, I have the Air in my hands because it is football Sunday and the Air is my sports companion for the day. Nice thing is that I can use the continuity feature and have everything go through my iPad and never have to look at my phone all day.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I thought that I indicated that I have an iPad. But either way, I do have an iPad Air and I love it. But I don't know if I need it. I could just keep it and continue with my plan to upgrade each on every other year. Right now, I have the Air in my hands because it is football Sunday and the Air is my sports companion for the day. Nice thing is that I can use the continuity feature and have everything go through my iPad and never have to look at my phone all day.

I had a mini, but the mini is pointless with an iPhone plus. However, the air is far, far different from the Plus. I like my Plus but man that screen is too small to really enjoy videos and read magazines, newspapers, and the like. Id say stick with the Air you have and don't update it, because you will definitely miss it when you are lounging around the house or in a hotel room staring at the 5.5" screen.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I have found something today that has made a difference. I was looking through some of my magazines today and then realized that not all of them are available on the iPhone. That may make using the iPhone exclusively a no go.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Never mind. It looks like the only magazine that isn't there is Sports Illustrated but there seems to be an app that will work with my subscription.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Curious to know what your verdict is....

I don't know. I have been using my iPhone a lot lately. What I like is that I can use my iPhone all day and then come home and put it on my charger and the iPad picks up where the iPhone left off. Of course watching movies is better on the bigger screen. But I have found that playing games is more comfortable on my iPhone 6 Plus. Either way, it feels like I'm not fully using either. I wanted a bigger phone initially so I wouldn't have to have two devices. But I'm starting to really see the benefits of both even though they relatively do the same thing. I think that I'm just going to keep both and every other year upgrade one. So because I upgraded my phone this year in going to upgrade the iPad next year. I just can't part with the iPad yet.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Might be useful to give us a hint at what your job is, so we can picture what you're using the devices(s) for.

I work in an office. I am the Director of Student Services for s school district. So most of my day is sitting in meetings or in classrooms doing teacher observations. It is easier to have an iPad over a laptop because it is lighter. Other than that, I don't really have a lot of computing needs. I use my iPad to create my newsletters and check my email and such. I keep my phone logs and and I have all of my documents on my iPad as well. I even send all of my phone calls and text messages to my iPad during my work day sometimes. So I do use it a lot. I just wanted to see if it were possible to just use my phone for all of those things instead. The inconsequential difference is that even though I can do all of the same things on my phone, it looks more professional when I do it on my iPad. When I do it on my phone it looks like I'm just texting all day.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have my iPad Air to my daughter when I got my plus .. I used it a couple times and that's about it .. My one device fits my needs anything else I have my PC at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chinmay007

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
But lots of iPad apps are not available for iPhone (at least the ones I want -like for using with stylus or some specific medical journals which are available for iPad )
I do agree that a 6+ should suffice the need for large screen. I gave up my iPad mini after 6+ plus, but I am facing problems with app support.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I returned my iPad Air 2 this week and am now using my 6 Plus all the time. Thanks to the awesome 5.5" screen, I don't miss the iPad so far. I was mostly using the iPad for browsing the web anyway.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that I haven't touched my Air in almost 2 weeks. May have to sell it if I continue to use my 6+ for everything.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It's easy to want to just use your phablet for just everything. Once you have the bigger screen, it just seems redundant to have a tablet too.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm running around all day in my particular field of work, so an iPad is a no go, I tried it earlier this year with the air and because I'm in server racks and small spaces having my notes and logs on my phone just makes life easier for me.

Sent from my iPhone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox