Going to do the unthinkable today

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I normally define "unthinkable" as something you truly could not think to do (like blowing up a cute puppy, or watching a Tyler Perry movie)...but I guess some people have different definitions, lol.

FriscoKid23

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Sound interesting. Can't wait to hear how it goes. I'm trying to figure out how to get my hands on a 6 plus. I went with a 6 on launch day. Once a 6 plus becomes available, I considered selling my iPad Air to offset the cost some, but I'm a little apprehensive to do so as I don't own a computer. I have access to one at work, but other than that I pretty much rely on my iPad Air and an iPhone. Anyhow, good luck and looking forward to the update.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I normally define "unthinkable" as something you truly could not think to do (like blowing up a cute puppy, or watching a Tyler Perry movie)...but I guess some people have different definitions, lol.

Oh jeez.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm really trying to assess my mobile needs. While I was waiting for my 6 Plus to arrive, I have the Note 4 a shot and it didn't work out. Chose to go with the plus. Now I'm trying to figure out if I really need an iPad. I'm trying to save on money. So today, I'm going to go to work and try to do everything I would normally do on my iPad on my 6 Plus and see how it goes. If I can make it through a work day without any major frustration, I may decide not to use the iPad anymore.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

I used to use my iPad very heavily. Ever since I got the 6+ a month ago, I hardly have to take out my iPad anymore. As a matter of fact, the only time when I need my iPad is to stream a movie. I can do everything on the 6+ except movie watching where screen size still matters. Of course your experience might be different from mine. But I believe the 6+ is really an iPad-killer.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
you can do stuff on your iPhone that's fine in your iPad with ease... Although the difference between the 2 is massive.... Eventually you'll wanna pick up your iPad. The 5.5 inch phone compared to the,9.5 inch iPad isn't close comparing lol..I picked up my girlfriend iPad air 2 straight after using my 6+ to do the same task with pages and it felt more precise on the iPad....
You may encounter this eventually when the newness of the 6+ wares away

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Today went well. I did a lot of work on Pages and Numbers today. Emails, taking notes, reminders, calendar entries, along with texting and calls. The one thing that I really liked about doing my work on my phone is that it seems a little more natural when I'm manipulating things on the screen. Like resizing things in Pages and selecting text seems more intuitive on my 6 Plus. I did have to do some zooming, but it wasn't that bad. I also found that I did more work in other places. Usually I only work in my office. But I was taking notes while I was in classrooms. I was creating documents while I was in the bathroom (I know eww right?). Even when waiting for my daughter to get out of school, I was able to continue working. So I was very productive today. Like I said before, yesterday I did the same thing with my iPad. I left my iPhone at home and had calls and texts forwarded to me. I did play some games today in my down time. And I read a few pages of my book. The experience was good. Just like yesterday on my iPad. The obvious problem is that if someone calls me while I have my iPad, unless I have headphones or a Bluetooth headset, I won't be talking. I don't have that problem on the iPhone. I want to watch a movie in my phone tonight to really be able to assess. So far so good though.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I need a iPad to read and write music charts. In a pinch I can read on my 5S and even even a little better on a 6+ I would imagine.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
So how was the movie? I'll make a guess, it's more comfortable using the iPad.

Not bad. It is easier to hold when laying in bed. This experiment has been interesting. I have found that I could probably go without the iPad if I really wanted. There are something's that are easier and better with each depending on the activity. I am still debating whether or not I should go down to one device. Currently I use my iPad for most of the day at work and when I get home. I only really use my iPhone when I am in between work or home. So I feel silly that I have spent so much money on the this phone when I really am only going to use it about 20 percent of the time.

corytx8

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I use my iphone 5 for like 90 percent of my daily stuff. I use my IPAD while I'm in the cockpit or flight planning purposes. Whenever I get my 6 plus in, I assume that trend will continue for me.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I get all the new devices because I need to test them for work. I can tell you that since I got the 6plus I use the iPad's less and less.

makie

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
As an mainly android user ( I change phone every few weeks ) I can say I defiantly don't need an tablet. I've never bought a tablet duo to the bigger screen phones that were available for some years now.

Now being on a iPhone I can see why some people need it. Battery will be a problem for heavy users.

Even tho I do not own a 6+ I did have a few phablets myself last 2 years ( probably around 10 ) bigger phones do have bigger battery's and it's actually quite nice to have such a big battery! Wish my 5c was around 4.7-5" so they could implement a bigger battery!

Anyway's good luck trying;) if your not an heavy user, than I'm sure it will work out.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
As an mainly android user ( I change phone every few weeks ) I can say I defiantly don't need an tablet. I've never bought a tablet duo to the bigger screen phones that were available for some years now.

Now being on a iPhone I can see why some people need it. Battery will be a problem for heavy users.

Even tho I do not own a 6+ I did have a few phablets myself last 2 years ( probably around 10 ) bigger phones do have bigger battery's and it's actually quite nice to have such a big battery! Wish my 5c was around 4.7-5" so they could implement a bigger battery!

Anyway's good luck trying;) if your not an heavy user, than I'm sure it will work out.

I am a heavy user and I have been using my iPhone for everything since yesterday. And it has been great. Been reading books on it and playing games and watched a movie on it last night. The battery on this thing is unreal. So, to keep it short, I love it. And I may be able to retire the iPad. But just to make sure, I'm going to use my iPad all day tomorrow and see how it goes.

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Will be using my 6+ more for work projects, more so they current 6. Don't have an iPad anymore sold last mini. Travel with iPhone and MacbookAir

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a 6 Plus and I just upgraded to an Air 2. For me, I will always need an iPad. The bigger screen is a must have. The 6 Plus screen is nice but it's still a phone.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6 Plus and I just upgraded to an Air 2. For me, I will always need an iPad. The bigger screen is a must have. The 6 Plus screen is nice but it's still a phone.

That's what I'm trying to decide though. If it is necessary to have both. I'm not so sure. Of course it's nice to have both and then you can use them for different tasks. But I'm feeling like I spend a lot of money on tech and to keep devices that are redundant is starting to seem like a waste of money.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro