Going to do the unthinkable today

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm really trying to assess my mobile needs. While I was waiting for my 6 Plus to arrive, I have the Note 4 a shot and it didn't work out. Chose to go with the plus. Now I'm trying to figure out if I really need an iPad. I'm trying to save on money. So today, I'm going to go to work and try to do everything I would normally do on my iPad on my 6 Plus and see how it goes. If I can make it through a work day without any major frustration, I may decide not to use the iPad anymore.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I do everything on my iP6 that I did on my iPad out in the field. At the office, I just use the PC for when i need the bigger screen.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I do everything on my iP6 that I did on my iPad out in the field. At the office, I just use the PC for the bigger screen.

I hope that I can. It would make things simpler and less expensive. I love my iPad Air though. It had been my go to device for a long time.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I also use my i5s for about 90% of my daily needs. There's only a few things an iPad can do that you can't do efficiently on your iphone

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I also use my i5s for about 90% of my daily needs. There's only a few things an iPad can do that you can't do efficiently on your iphone

Give me some examples

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Give it a try the 6+ has a nice big screen, I have a few friends giving up iPad in favor of the 6+.

That's the experiment. The plan up until now wad yup upgrade every other year between the iPhone and iPad. So this year, I got the new iPhone and next year I wad going to get the iPad Air 3, but if I don't need the iPad anymore, then I can just use the iPhone and upgrade that every year. But I'm skeptical.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The 6+ will obviously be a lot easier than my i5s to do any data entry iWork. But you can do it all if you choose too

I hoping. Yesterday, I had all of my calls and texts forwarded to my iPad and left the iPhone at home and I didn't miss it. It was actually a cool experience. Looking to see if the same is going to happen today.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Good Luck with your experiment. I would like to know how it goes. When I'm out and about for long periods of time, I haul my Note3 around when I know I will be away from my desk top and might need a larger screen for business purposes.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I sold my iPad mini right before my iPhone 6 came in, and I can honestly say I don't miss it. I'm also going to sell my iPod classic because I don't it as I have 64gb iPhone 6 now. I'll only have an iPhone and MacBook Air after I finish selling all my apple devices

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Just curious?in your first post you mentioned wanting to drop the iPad to save money. Later on, you said that you usually rotated years to buy an iPhone and iPad, and if your experiment succeeded, then you could just buy an iPhone every year. That doesn't sound like it would save money.
But good luck! I'm also curious how this turns out.

You are right in saying that. But it would save me money on my AT&T bill, accessories, and if I decided to not upgrade my phone every year (which I thought about because I could just upgrade when there is a new phone design) I could save money.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok. I stick with wifi iPads so I wasn't thinking of AT&T charges. And I also don't use a case on my iPad done wouldn't think of saving money there either.

You go naked? Nice. I couldn't do it. Plus, I spend way too much on Bluetooth keyboards and such.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a good plan. Why is it "unthinkable"?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Lol. Unthinkable for me because I have loved my iPad Air. It has been my favorite device over the last year. But I'm trying to reassess my mobile and computing needs. In the end, I may decide to continue with both devices if it is necessary.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that I use my iPad a lot less now that I have my 6. I do still rely on my iPad quite a bit at work, so not ready to give it up. I also do all my reading on the iPad so it's still a very valid device in my day to day. If I ever make the leap to the Plus, that may change. I would definitely not want an iPad mini.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Just finished my first newsletter on my iPhone today. Took me about 30 minutes. Not bad.

itsgusmetropolo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I like my iPad to watch movies and videos. I have an iPad 4 and will probably get an iPad mini 2 or the iPad Air. And for typing and studying, the iPad or Macbook are much better than the 6+.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73