Hi guys,

Waiting on my Silver iPhone 6 plus and I must say that I do have some concerns about apps and how things appear on the 6+ screen. I understand that many developers have yet to tweak their apps to properly display on the larger 6+ screen. Just how big of a problem is this for any of you now? Should Apple have just given the devs what they needed BEFORE releasing the phone so that apps and games are 100% compatible? Are any gamers having issues with the scaling or is it mostly with certain apps? Is this a situation where a little patience will pay off in the form of updated apps for the 6+ coming soon as in not 6 mos to a year from now? I appreciate your feedback!
    10-30-2014 02:41 PM
    the apps that aren't optimized for the 6+ screen look very ugly. they REALLY should hurry up with fixing this because it's not fun to look at that ..
    the screen of the 6+ is incredibly beautiful tho but the non-optimized apps screw me up.
    10-30-2014 02:47 PM
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. Yes I would prefer my apps to be optimized because ingredients much information density on the screen as possible and more info on the screen is a benefit of a larger phone. That being said, scaled apps don't appear any worse to me than the app did on the smaller device.
    fridayxiii and substring like this.
    10-30-2014 02:59 PM
    I think almost all the apps I use have been updated now. The few that haven't 1) I don't use that frequently and 2) really look just fine scaled.

Initially I had issues with Real Racing 3 - some of the buttons were visible but not clickable -- but that's been fixed for a couple of weeks now.

I get updates almost daily on my 6+ so clearly app dev's are still working on it and haven't forgotten about us. OP hit it on the head: patience will pay off, probably in far less than six months for dev's who are vested & interested in maintaining their business with iOS users.
    10-30-2014 03:25 PM
    I personally think that scaled apps are ugly, my main problem with them it that the keyboards are awkward and uncomfortable.
    As previously stated quite a few apps were pretty quick to update and now look beautiful.
    The only apps that i'm still anxiously waiting for an update from are Spotify, sadly they released an update today, but it was only the new layout for iPads, no iPhone 6 Plus optimization.
    Snapchat, WhatsApp looks awful, and I would delete it if I didn't have a friend with Android.
    Netflix, but it's not too bad since you're only watching video on it.
    Finally Weheartit, you probably don't use this app, but I tweeted them about the update, and they don't even seem to know that it needs an update.

Overall though, I think it's worth the wait for apps to update, and patience will definitely pay off in this situation.
    10-30-2014 03:40 PM
    Not a big deal to me whatsoever...
    10-30-2014 05:12 PM
    The ones that are optimized look fantastic the ones that aren't are eh not ugly as all get out but some app devs need to get on the ball lol but it's a non issue for me really ... It's such a gorgeous device
    10-30-2014 05:32 PM
    It's not too bad... Developers have been updating there apps...every morning I wake up and see so many updates available... It won't take them to long,i hope
    10-30-2014 05:35 PM
    All the apps that I use on a daily basis look just fine. No issue whatsoever.
    10-30-2014 06:17 PM
    I don't think it's a big deal at all. Do the ones optimized for it look better, yes. Are they ugly If they aren't, no. They are being updated regularly anyway so I think it's only a matter of time before all of them are updated for it.
    10-30-2014 07:25 PM
    I don't like the zooming but since I know updates are coming out everyday, it's not an issue for me at all.
    kpshawn likes this.
    10-30-2014 08:53 PM
    Not a issue for me, but those optimized for the 6+ do look better.
    10-30-2014 09:04 PM
    Excellent feedback guys! It does appear that overall the issue might be a tad bit overblown. From the sound of it, folks are getting apps updated pretty frequently so I'm feeling better :-)

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    11-01-2014 09:09 AM