Buying an iPhone 6 plus for Verizon at Ebay - activation question

yosoycarlosg

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I currently have an iPhone 5S from Verizon, and what to buy an iPhone 6 Plus for Verizon from Ebay. I used to be AT&T and I would swap my simcard at any new iPhone and it worked.

Since Verizon has a different activation process, do I need to do any different activation process or I just have to pop in my verizon simcard to the new iPhone and that's it?

Thanks!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The process will be the same, if the sim works or not depends if the phone is unlocked or locked to a different carrier. Be wary for activation locked phones and try to purchase them from sellers that have a credible reputation. Also, use this website before purchasing: https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/ .

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I currently have an iPhone 5S from Verizon, and what to buy an iPhone 6 Plus for Verizon from Ebay. I used to be AT&T and I would swap my simcard at any new iPhone and it worked.

Since Verizon has a different activation process, do I need to do any different activation process or I just have to pop in my verizon simcard to the new iPhone and that's it?

Thanks!

You would have to call vzw from a different phone than the one you're upgrading and they would have to have the ESN and once that happens I believe you'll have to dial *228 to have it programmed OTA ... That's the way it was years ago, whether it's still the same now with LTE is a different question ... So I may or may not still be correct

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't know the process but *228 does not apply to LTE devices. I don't understand the reasons why but it seemed like if you did *228 the net result would be your phone being responsible for ending the world or something. Oh, and your phone would no longer work. (All kidding aside, your phone won't let you program via *228 anyway)

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't know the process but *228 does not apply to LTE devices. I don't understand the reasons why but it seemed like if you did *228 the net result would be your phone being responsible for ending the world or something. Oh, and your phone would no longer work. (All kidding aside, your phone won't let you program via *228 anyway)

It used to be that way for CDMA phones thru vzw ... I know I had them for about 3 years before I went back to AT&T .. I still think it needs to be done in case you'd fall back on a 3G network of theirs in any non LTE area but like I said that was pre-LTE

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
*228 don't work on lte Verizon it used to actually destroy the SIM card and you would have to get another but Verizon got better and SIM cards can not be re programmed and used but 228 is no longer needed on lte phones just activated sim and phone register on the network

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711