6+ problem?

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
My phone randomly rebooted one time and since then it has been good with no issues. But someone on that thread raised a good point. A lot of them say they have gotten replacements. Does anyone know if apple carries stock that you can't buy from? (genuinely curious)

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
So because a thread has 9000 views and 60 replies versus the tens million units sold this is a problem?

Moving on...

Sent from my iPhone 6+

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
So because a thread has 9000 views and 60 replies versus the tens million units sold this is a problem?

Moving on...

Sent from my iPhone 6+

So, when Toyota sold 5 million Camrys, and "only"13 deaths were reported for a problem, they shouldn't have done a recall?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
So, when Toyota sold 5 million Camrys, and "only"13 deaths were reported for a problem, they shouldn't have done a recall?

So a phone randomly rebooting is comparable to death now?

My point was that the problem is only being reported by a fraction of a percentage of users. While it is a problem it is a very minor one and really not worth worrying about.

We could spend all day talking about the one off scenarios that could happen or we could enjoy our lives. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
So a phone randomly rebooting is comparable to death now?

My point was that the problem is only being reported by a fraction of a percentage of users. While it is a problem it is a very minor one and really not worth worrying about.

We could spend all day talking about the one off scenarios that could happen or we could enjoy our lives. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Not comparable to death, but your reasoning that millions of phones have been sold and a much smaller number are reporting the same issue carries the same reasoning of the millions of Camrys sold, and only 13 reported issues. There was still a problem.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Not comparable to death, but your reasoning that millions of phones have been sold and a large number are reporting the same issue carries the same reasoning of the millions of Camrys sold, and only 13 reported issues. There was still a problem.

1) a problem is a problem, not arguing that. I am just saying we should keep it in perspective
2) read the source article. The author is using a thread with 60 comments and 9000 views as a basis for saying there is a definite issue.

Again, if there is a problem, apple should fix it. But if you read any forum(which you do) you see lots of issues that are user caused or device caused or software caused. This is very premature to say there is a broad issue here caused by faulty phones.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have had one random reboot and had it lock up on me last. I let it sit for few minutes and nothing changed, finally did a hard reset and it's been fine since.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
1) a problem is a problem, not arguing that. I am just saying we should keep it in perspective
2) read the source article. The author is using a thread with 60 comments and 9000 views as a basis for saying there is a definite issue.

Again, if there is a problem, apple should fix it. But if you read any forum(which you do) you see lots of issues that are user caused or device caused or software caused. This is very premature to say there is a broad issue here caused by faulty phones.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I very much agree. The author seems to be confusing 60 comments and 9000 views as some sort of measurement for the number of problems. If you have a problem, go to an Apple store and get it exchanged.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I very much agree. The author seems to be confusing 60 comments and 9000 views as some sort of measurement for the number of problems. If you have a problem, go to an Apple store and get it exchanged.

No, I'm not confusing anything, and I don't know how much of an issue that it is. But it is a possibility that some Apple products are having problems, as evidenced by the support site. And some people are on their 4th phone. Time will tell, I guess. I hope that it is just a bad batch of hardware, or maybe some isolated corrupt files, and quickly gets resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm not confusing anything, and I don't know how much of an issue that it is. But it is a possibility that some Apple products are having problems, as evidenced by the support site. And some people are on their 4th phone. Time will tell, I guess. I hope that it is just a bad batch of hardware, or maybe some isolated corrupt files, and quickly gets resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong, but I read it to be that he was referring to the author of the article confusing the 9000 views and 60 comments.

The number of views mean nothing to me, as soon as someone sees a title relating to iPhone problems they will read it.

I always find it funny how any issue with iPhone gets blown up into a big ordeal. Anytime you sell several million of any product there are going to be issues show up with some of them.

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Because of the size and reach of Apple, anything that is considered to be a problem or an issue will get reported on. That's just the nature of the beast. If you have a problem with your device take it in to a Genius Bar and have it looked at. In my view, some of this stuff borders on sensationalism when it comes to this company. Apple is a very popular and successful company and they will be disliked because of that.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
mine reboots itself almost all the time. Mostly when I try to move from one app to another as fast as I can. Then safari crashes. Sometimes the phone would restart itself but it only takes seconds to be back on. It also gets slow when I have many apps running on multitasking. I guess it's the lack of ram? idk...

anyways, i won't be taking my new phone to apple store just to get a refurbished one.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Was it a full reboot or just the springboard crashing? Some apps will cause the springboard to crash and reload. I've had that happen on my 6 a few times. It rarely happens (to me) if the device is not jailbroken. Mine has been stock for years and I've only started seeing it again on iOS 8.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative