What Are Your Thoughts 2 Months Later..

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Are you able to select 1080p on YouTube with your iPhone it doesn't let you select that with the note 4

Yes. I was able to do it on the Note 4 as well. But you have to be on wifi.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
On my note 4 the most I can select is 720p on WiFi and lte

I don't know then. Others have complained of the same issue. I do know that there is a setting within the app that limits the resolution. Maybe you could look into that.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

IrishFXDB

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I had a Note 4 and also returned it. It definitely lags, not as bad as older Samsung phones, but it's noticeable. In my case I disabled all motion gestures and s voice, turned off s health, disabled s finder from the home button, swapped to Google Keyboard and the Google Now launcher, and despite all that slimming it still lagged so i can only imagine how bad it is for people that just use it the way it comes out of the box.

What really got me was the TERRIBLE a use of the screen size. Samsung seems to inflate the DPI higher than the resolution/size calls for naturally and it hurts. 5.7" screen with a 4x4 icon grid? Even the LG G3 allows for more with it's 5.5" screen... I know you can use after market launchers to get larger grids, but I'm talking about stock screen usage. The scaled DPI settings are hugely noticeable in the browser (stock or Chrome), apps with lists of content like Twitter and Facebook, etc. I did an in store comparison and the iPhone 6 Plus displayed more content on the same web pages than the Note 4 did despite having the smaller screen. Reducing the text size in the system menu is only a band aid as well because it does nothing for images and other GUI elements. The upper bar in Facebook was larger on the Note 4 than on the Nexus 7, for example.

Anyway, for a device hailed as the king of phablets, it sure does make terrible use of the screen. They should have options for scaling/zooming like the 6 Plus does, not just font size, instead of assuming everyone wants to have everything blown up all the time. I personally use big screen phones to have more on the page, not just blown up versions of the same amount of content I get on smaller phones.

Regarding the 6 Plus, I actually picked one up yesterday. I was in the T-Mobile store asking about the Nexus 6 and they just happened to finally have some 6 Plus in stock. I was using an old Nexus 4 since returning the Note and I figured I'd give it a shot despite my draw to the Nexus 6. I like it so far, but there is still a chance I may return it for the Nexus 6. No matter what, I am very pleased with its much better use of its screen size when compared to the Note 4.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
iMoreAppImg_20141103_094623.jpg

I like my Plus but I still have issues with WiFi connecting, stopping, and that requires a reset to fix. And occassionally the keyboard won't pull up, especially in spotlight. Hopefully these bugs are squashed in 8.1.1. Once, my notification center completely broke, see the photo. That required a reset. It's still more stable than any Android I've ever had though, and the camera is great. Not to mention I use Apple Pay multiple times every day with few issues.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I've had my 6+ for almost 2 weeks now...I've gotten used to the size very quickly. Guess I was always meant to have a larger phone. My 5s feels like the 4s now when I hold it.

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Plus almost a week. I must say this is the most amazing device I've ever owned. I like the Zoomed display better then the Normal. But use the normal becuz of the landscape mode benefits. Haven't tried Apple Pay. So glad that I stuck it out with iPhone through the years. It really paid off. Hate to see that some folks are having trouble with theirs. Don't like the complaints about LAG. Mine hasn't lagged yet knock on wood. I'm sure it will though one day. Everything will lag at one point in time. I'm very very very happy and completely satisfied with my beautiful Gold 6+. Love it.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note 4 and used to have iPhones way back in the day (3g,3gs,4) -- But the iPhone 6 Plus actually made me turn my head back to iPhone. Before I would just ignore the releases but .. Since they now have a big phone .. and the changes in iOS 8 (texting from lock screen is huge for me) -- It made me look at the 6 +.

I am still rocking the Note 4 but .. If I had the spare cash I would nab a 6 + as well .. I am very curious and want to try it out. I am talking my gf into getting an iPhone 6 (she has a Galaxy S4) because I know she will like it ..we will see :).

codyoehl

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Well coming from the 5.1 inch S5, the iPhone 6 feels pretty good
I hope Apple continues and makes future iPhones the same or about the same size. I just don't want it getting to the 5.5 inch iPhone 6s and the 6.0 inch iPhone 6S+
If Apple follows the current smartphone trend like they just did, this may be a scary reality

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I had a Note 4 and also returned it. It definitely lags, not as bad as older Samsung phones, but it's noticeable. In my case I disabled all motion gestures and s voice, turned off s health, disabled s finder from the home button, swapped to Google Keyboard and the Google Now launcher, and despite all that slimming it still lagged so i can only imagine how bad it is for people that just use it the way it comes out of the box.

What really got me was the TERRIBLE a use of the screen size. Samsung seems to inflate the DPI higher than the resolution/size calls for naturally and it hurts. 5.7" screen with a 4x4 icon grid? Even the LG G3 allows for more with it's 5.5" screen... I know you can use after market launchers to get larger grids, but I'm talking about stock screen usage. The scaled DPI settings are hugely noticeable in the browser (stock or Chrome), apps with lists of content like Twitter and Facebook, etc. I did an in store comparison and the iPhone 6 Plus displayed more content on the same web pages than the Note 4 did despite having the smaller screen. Reducing the text size in the system menu is only a band aid as well because it does nothing for images and other GUI elements. The upper bar in Facebook was larger on the Note 4 than on the Nexus 7, for example.

Anyway, for a device hailed as the king of phablets, it sure does make terrible use of the screen. They should have options for scaling/zooming like the 6 Plus does, not just font size, instead of assuming everyone wants to have everything blown up all the time. I personally use big screen phones to have more on the page, not just blown up versions of the same amount of content I get on smaller phones.

Regarding the 6 Plus, I actually picked one up yesterday. I was in the T-Mobile store asking about the Nexus 6 and they just happened to finally have some 6 Plus in stock. I was using an old Nexus 4 since returning the Note and I figured I'd give it a shot despite my draw to the Nexus 6. I like it so far, but there is still a chance I may return it for the Nexus 6. No matter what, I am very pleased with its much better use of its screen size when compared to the Note 4.
I did the exactly same thing and it sill lagged I don't want to root the device so I'm switching

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
My wifi is really slow with the iPhone 6 plus anyone else having the same problem
WiFi slowness could be due to a variety of factors (WiFi access point type, settings, useage from other WiFi devices, protocols supported...). I put my 6+ in Airplane mode with WiFi on and ran Ookla Speedtest. 33.25 Mbps download and 7.84Mbps upload with 385ms ping latency (from farthest point in the house away from the router).

Since the Speedtest talks to an external server infrastructure and network (your cell provider, internet, hosting server provider) that may have its own variability, the results received from one test may not be the same for the next, but in general if three tests were run with the same variables each time; then the results should be roughly the same.

My router is the current Airport Extreme generation which supports 802.11ac. To me WiFi seems fine at home, but that's mostly where I use it.

Last edited:

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
My wifi is really slow with the iPhone 6 plus anyone else having the same problem

haha it's getting late here and I first read wife for wifi. Good one.
Anyway, I'm rocking my iP6 and am very happy with it, but a lot of friends around me are equipped with the 6+ and it is definitely growing on me, might at some point trade my iphone and ipad mini for a 6 plus.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I feel the same way, I think. Same size battery, the split-screen allowed in e-mail and iMessage, the better camera.

I love the 6 Plus, though. I can't even remember the last time I picked up my iPad. It fits in my pockets, but sometimes I feel it when I bend over. I love it in the car. A friend of mine looked at it for the first time last night, and he said he didn't think he'd want a phone that big. Then I took it out of its case, and he was like, "Ohhhhhhhhh...."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox