Does apple do EIP plans with t-mobile in the Apple store or only full price like online? Saw fine print in the store talking about it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-24-2014 07:43 AM
    Yes. They do. You have to buy the phone from T-Mobile though.
    10-24-2014 09:20 AM
    They said you can buy the phone there, that's what they told me when I was there. They said they'd honor my JUMP!, They just didn't have any phones in stock.
    10-24-2014 10:07 AM
    Yes. They do. You have to buy the phone from T-Mobile though.
    I know they do at t-mobile which isn't the question....

10-24-2014 10:16 AM
    They said you can buy the phone there, that's what they told me when I was there. They said they'd honor my JUMP!, They just didn't have any phones in stock.
    Yes but I want an EIP plan. Not going to pay $849 for the phone when I just paid $851 including taxes on an iPad air 2 and vase

10-24-2014 10:17 AM
    Yes but I want an EIP plan. Not going to pay $849 for the phone when I just paid $851 including taxes on an iPad air 2 and vase

Isn't JUMP! an installment plan?
    10-24-2014 10:46 AM
    Isn't JUMP! an installment plan?

I guess idk still quite new to this . Only been with t-mobile for 7 months and it's been aggravating ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-24-2014 10:47 AM
    I guess idk still quite new to this . Only been with t-mobile for 7 months and it's been aggravating ....

I'm sorry to hear that, yes JUMP will do installments. You'll need to pay a certain percentage down. Then the rest will be split over (Usually) 24 months.

I believe after you pay half, you can return it and get another. There is an older JUMP and a newer one, they've got different stipulations for upgrades.
    10-24-2014 10:51 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that, yes JUMP will do installments. You'll need to pay a certain percentage down. Then the rest will be split over (Usually) 24 months.

I believe after you pay half, you can return it and get another. There is an older JUMP and a newer one, they've got different stipulations for upgrades.
    Yeah I'm with the new one currently have a note 4 but might return it now if I can get my hands on an iPhone 6 plus

10-24-2014 10:53 AM
    Yeah I'm with the new one currently have a note 4 but might return it now if I can get my hands on an iPhone 6 plus

What don't you like about the Note 4? If you don't mind me asking. I've got a Note 3 and 5c.
    10-24-2014 10:56 AM
    What don't you like about the Note 4? If you don't mind me asking. I've got a Note 3 and 5c.
    Oh I love the note 4 ....I just have the urge for an iPhone 6 plus atm
    I like the idea of the continuity or whatever between my iPad Air 2 and an iPhone

10-24-2014 10:57 AM
    Oh I love the note 4 ....I just have the urge for an iPhone 6 plus atm
    I like the idea of the continuity or whatever between my iPad Air 2 and an iPhone

I couldn't really see a big enough difference between 3 & 4 to do an upgrade on it. Plus it's heavily modded to my satisfaction.

I'm considering a 6. If you plan to get the 6+, just remember you'll need to order anything bigger than a 16GB anyways. They only carry the smallest size in stores, unfortunately.

As for doing JUMP at Apple, you'll need to return the Note 4 first. I'm sure you knew that, sorry.

No matter what you decide, as long as you're happy, that's good.
    10-24-2014 11:01 AM

I don't have an answer to your question. I wanted to point out that the EIP and JUMP! are two different, but similar, programs. Make sure that you ask for the one that you actually want, as JUMP! costs an additional $10/month whereas the EIP doesn't have an additional monthly cost.
    10-24-2014 11:05 AM
    I don't have an answer to your question. I wanted to point out that the EIP and JUMP! are two different, but similar, programs. Make sure that you ask for the one that you actually want, as JUMP! costs an additional $10/month whereas the EIP doesn't have an additional monthly cost.
    I want jump for sure but it's just a $10 fee with insurance which I want in case somebody steals my phone or lose it

10-24-2014 11:06 AM
    Wait. You'll still need the insurance so technically there will be an additional amount (Plus installment payments) right? As long as you're paying on the device, they'll require some insurance right? JUMP is just adding it into the insurance. It's $10 a month for insurance/JUMP.
    10-24-2014 11:09 AM
    Wait. You'll still need the insurance so technically there will be an additional amount (Plus installment payments) right? As long as you're paying on the device, they'll require some insurance right? JUMP is just adding it into the insurance. It's $10 a month for insurance/JUMP.
    I am paying $50 for the simple choice plan, $20 for unlimited data and 3gb of hotspot , $10 for jump which is mobile insurance and allows me to upgrade early and $28.50 per month for my phone. Jump is insurance plus allows you to upgrade once I pay off 50%

10-24-2014 11:24 AM
    I'm not sure that I understand your question. You can finance a phone using the EIP without having insurance, if that is what you're asking.
    10-24-2014 11:27 AM
    I'm not sure that I understand your question. You can finance a phone using the EIP without having insurance, if that is what you're asking.
    So they'll let you have a partially unpaid for device without insurance? I didn't know that. Guess if it broke, you'd still have to pay it off PLUS buy a new one? >_<
    10-24-2014 11:30 AM
    So they'll let you have a partially unpaid for device without insurance? I didn't know that. Guess if it broke, you'd still have to pay it off PLUS buy a new one? >_<
    Yes, or whatever the customer does to self-insure. I used EIP when I first started with T-Mobile and I've never had carrier insurance on a cell phone. Even when the reps have tried to sign me up for EIP after that, they never said that I had to have insurance. I don't use EIP or JUMP! now.
    10-24-2014 12:03 PM
    No, you can't use JUMP w/ EIP at the Apple Store. They have the service but you have to pay full retail price. Unlike AT&T, Verzion or Sprint similar services, they didn't make this an option for us. I have a feeling next time it will be included though. Our CEO has a tight relationship with Apple; we should suggest this to him on Twitter.
    serglb likes this.
    10-24-2014 12:58 PM
    I know they do at t-mobile which isn't the question....

Oh. Sorry about that. I misread the question.
    10-24-2014 01:00 PM
    No, you can't use JUMP w/ EIP at the Apple Store. They have the service but you have to pay full retail price. Unlike AT&T, Verzion or Sprint similar services, they didn't make this an option for us. I have a feeling next time it will be included though. Our CEO has a tight relationship with Apple; we should suggest this to him on Twitter.
    It's so "tight" t-mobile is only offering the 16gb for pre order of the iPad Air 2.

10-24-2014 01:03 PM
    To clarify, when they say Jump is allowed on phones purchased at the Apple Store, they are referring to the insurance part. Seeing as you would have to pay full price from Apple the upgrade portion of Jump would be useless. So, phones bought at Apple Store are coved by jump... as in insurance. You can not put anything purchased at the Apple Store on T-Mobile EIP.

Sent using my iPhone 6 Plus via The Uncarrier
    10-29-2014 01:35 AM
    To clarify, when they say Jump is allowed on phones purchased at the Apple Store, they are referring to the insurance part. Seeing as you would have to pay full price from Apple the upgrade portion of Jump would be useless. So, phones bought at Apple Store are coved by jump... as in insurance. You can not put anything purchased at the Apple Store on T-Mobile EIP.

Sent using my iPhone 6 Plus via The Uncarrier
    I just learned that my last trip there. They will support JUMP! only if you're actually trading in a phone at the time. If you're trying to start into JUMP! and have no device to trade, you'll have to pay full price for the new phone. It's really weird.

I'm thinking they can't do only the financing for T-mobile without having you already actively paying for a device.
    10-29-2014 07:45 AM
    When the Apple store started selling iPhones for T-Mobile, a credit line was offered to those customers via a credit card. I don't know if that is still offered at this point because I haven't kept up with this.
    10-29-2014 08:17 AM
39 12