EIP with t-mobile at Apple store?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
No, you can't use JUMP w/ EIP at the Apple Store. They have the service but you have to pay full retail price. Unlike AT&T, Verzion or Sprint similar services, they didn't make this an option for us. I have a feeling next time it will be included though. Our CEO has a tight relationship with Apple; we should suggest this to him on Twitter.

It's so "tight" t-mobile is only offering the 16gb for pre order of the iPad Air 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boogas8

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
To clarify, when they say Jump is allowed on phones purchased at the Apple Store, they are referring to the insurance part. Seeing as you would have to pay full price from Apple the upgrade portion of Jump would be useless. So, phones bought at Apple Store are coved by jump... as in insurance. You can not put anything purchased at the Apple Store on T-Mobile EIP.

Sent using my iPhone 6 Plus via The Uncarrier

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
To clarify, when they say Jump is allowed on phones purchased at the Apple Store, they are referring to the insurance part. Seeing as you would have to pay full price from Apple the upgrade portion of Jump would be useless. So, phones bought at Apple Store are coved by jump... as in insurance. You can not put anything purchased at the Apple Store on T-Mobile EIP.

I just learned that my last trip there. They will support JUMP! only if you're actually trading in a phone at the time. If you're trying to start into JUMP! and have no device to trade, you'll have to pay full price for the new phone. It's really weird.

I'm thinking they can't do only the financing for T-mobile without having you already actively paying for a device.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
When the Apple store started selling iPhones for T-Mobile, a credit line was offered to those customers via a credit card. I don't know if that is still offered at this point because I haven't kept up with this.

boogas8

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I just learned that my last trip there. They will support JUMP! only if you're actually trading in a phone at the time. If you're trying to start into JUMP! and have no device to trade, you'll have to pay full price for the new phone. It's really weird.

I'm thinking they can't do only the financing for T-mobile without having you already actively paying for a device.

That would be called trading in a phone, not Jump. Jump allows you to wipe off what you owe when trading in your phone and putting the new phone on EIP. Since Apple can't put stuff on EIP, they can't do anything with Jump.

boogas8

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
When the Apple store started selling iPhones for T-Mobile, a credit line was offered to those customers via a credit card. I don't know if that is still offered at this point because I haven't kept up with this.

Anyone has the option to finance their phone through Apple. That financing has nothing to do with T-Mobile.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone has the option to finance their phone through Apple. That financing has nothing to do with T-Mobile.

When I first read about this financing through Barclays, it seemed like only T-Mobile customers could do the 24 months interest-free financing. I knew that there was a financing program that existed with Apple, but I didn't think that it was 24 months interest-free.

boogas8

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
When I first read about this financing through Barclays, it seemed like only T-Mobile customers could do the 24 months interest-free financing. I knew that there was a financing program that existed with Apple, but I didn't think that it was 24 months interest-free.

The key point that is has nothing to do with T-Mobile, the company and how T-Mobile allows phone payments. What your talking about is all though Apple and people tying together because they're not.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't suggesting that it was the same as the EIP offered through T-Mobile. My point was that there is a similar option available through the Apple store.

If the 24 month interest-free financing is offered to T-Mobile's customers only, I'm sure that T-Mobile was involved in that agreement somewhere.

boogas8

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't suggesting that it was the same as the EIP offered through T-Mobile. My point was that there is a similar option available through the Apple store.

If the 24 month interest-free financing is offered to T-Mobile's customers only, I'm sure that T-Mobile was involved in that agreement somewhere.

Why would T-Mobile care anyone can buy the iPhone. Since they come unlocked people can take them to any carrier.

Last edited:

boogas8

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand your inquiry.

Wow, I typed that weird. What I am saying is there is no way T-Mobile is going to get a dime from anything Apple sells through Apple directly (store or online). Apple is a demanding and greedy company, it's their way or the highway. So I highly doubt T-Mobile has any kickback or benefit from Apples financing. Also remember that phones from Apple come unlocked. So anyone could finance through Apple and take it to any carrier they choose, which many people did.

johnmed3

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Actually they do. To bad i cant post a link here :huh: !!!

With T-Mobile EIP (Equipment Installment Plan), you can buy iPhone with $0 upfront plus monthly payments and upgrade to a new one more often with T-Mobile Jump! T-Mobile EIP and Jump! are available at Apple Retail Stores.
Enroll in Jump! for $10/mo. when you buy your new device with T-Mobile EIP. When you’re ready to upgrade, simply trade in your eligible device and receive credit for all remaining device payments, up to half of its original cost. You are responsible for any remaining device payments at the time of upgrade.

For additional details regarding T-Mobile EIP and Jump! please visit your local Apple Retail Store.

Note: You can buy a full price iPhone with a T-Mobile SIM at the Online Store and get it activated at a Retail Store

Equipment Installment Plan: Availability and amount of EIP financing subject to credit approval. Down payment & unfinanced portion required at purchase. Balance paid in monthly installments. Final payment may be up to $0.99 more per device. Must remain on qualifying service in good standing for duration of EIP agreement. Taxes and late/non-payment fees may apply. Participating locations only. Example(s) shown reflects the down payment of our most creditworthy customers; amounts for others will vary. Pricing applicable to single device purchase. JUMP!: Qualifying service plan with financed device and trade-in of an eligible device in good working order required. Pay 50% of your device cost to be eligible for upgrades. Offer may not be available in all locations. Device pricing may vary based on approved credit. NY residents must use JUMP benefits prior to completing 2 insurance claims in 12/mos. JUMP Upgrades from T-Mobile; trade-in benefits through CWork Solutions, LP. Program fees paid to CWork. No separate insurance fees, except in NY.

johnmed3

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Directly from apple:

With T-Mobile EIP (Equipment Installment Plan), you can buy iPhone with $0 upfront plus monthly payments and upgrade to a new one more often with T-Mobile Jump! T-Mobile EIP and Jump! are available at Apple Retail Stores.
Enroll in Jump! for $10/mo. when you buy your new device with T-Mobile EIP. When you’re ready to upgrade, simply trade in your eligible device and receive credit for all remaining device payments, up to half of its original cost. You are responsible for any remaining device payments at the time of upgrade.

For additional details regarding T-Mobile EIP and Jump! please visit your local Apple Retail Store.

Note: You can buy a full price iPhone with a T-Mobile SIM at the Online Store and get it activated at a Retail Store

Equipment Installment Plan: Availability and amount of EIP financing subject to credit approval. Down payment & unfinanced portion required at purchase. Balance paid in monthly installments. Final payment may be up to $0.99 more per device. Must remain on qualifying service in good standing for duration of EIP agreement. Taxes and late/non-payment fees may apply. Participating locations only. Example(s) shown reflects the down payment of our most creditworthy customers; amounts for others will vary. Pricing applicable to single device purchase. JUMP!: Qualifying service plan with financed device and trade-in of an eligible device in good working order required. Pay 50% of your device cost to be eligible for upgrades. Offer may not be available in all locations. Device pricing may vary based on approved credit. NY residents must use JUMP benefits prior to completing 2 insurance claims in 12/mos. JUMP Upgrades from T-Mobile; trade-in benefits through CWork Solutions, LP. Program fees paid to CWork. No separate insurance fees, except in NY.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Apple has their own financing if you have good credit.

johnmed3

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Picked up an iphone 6 at the apple store this past saturday. Did the T-mobile EIP, but did not use my jump I'm saving it for later ;) !!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR