My honest opinion about the 6 plus.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I think if all you've recognized is that it's simply the same phone with a bigger screen...you never intended to give it a fair assessment and you probably made your mind up before you even got the phone. Better battery, better camera, bigger screen, BETTER screen, more orientation options, better WiFi connection, stronger cellular connection...and that's not even considering it's handling of the new OS or it's processing ability.

ALL of those things are noticeable and obvious.

That's all fine and dandy. But if its too big for your personal taste, then it is just too big. I tried the "you will get used to the size" but I never did.

ಠ益ಠ

johnnilcru

Banned
Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I did. I thought I was going to be put off by the big size - doesn't fit in all pockets as previous iPhones. I thought I would not be able to type properly as well, since the screen is too big. I also thought that I would look stupid when calling someone, covering 80% of my face with my phone... and, it was true. I did feel those annoyances a lot at the beginning, because I was fixating on those.
However, I eventually got used to it. The size feels just right. It's going to be hard for me to go back to a smaller phone. Easier on the eyes too - no more squinting to read.
You really just need "some getting used to". But, i know it it might not be as easy to adapt for everyone. For e.g. someone that has no other place but his trouser's pocket to keep the phone.

tnstra

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I came from a long line of Android devices, a very very long line. I've had every new and high end Android device over the past couple of years.
What I was looking for was first a PHONE … one that had great reception, awesome audio , and fewer dropped calls.
I WAS an iphone hater and I'm pretty sure that had more to do with size. I'm now a possessed iPhone lover. I got it my 6+ on day one, did the pre-order thing, stood in line at the Apple store and the whole nine yards so to speak.
I won't be needing any new phones for a while, this does me just fine.
It's just great all around and even though I thought the learning would be quite steep for an old duffer like me (70) I had no noticeable issues, except I sometimes try to keep turning it off/on at the top instead of the side.
All around Best Phone I've ever used !!!!!!

Tom

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
there's nothing to contribute. Op doesn't seem to be happy with the device and that's that. I find these kind of posts unnecessary. What i like is not always going to be what you like and vice versa. I don't get why people need to find validity over their decisions. If he does not like it, take it back and move on. Easy.

Thank you !!! Somethings really are just that simple ...

Last edited:

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm kind of like you in the sense that it's still the same phone just with a larger screen. But I'm loving this new screen and ain't ever going back to that puny 4" display.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am not debating that. If it is too big, it is too big, no "feature" is going to change that.

Then I guess I'm confused why you quoted my comment when making your own...my retort to the OP was in response to his/her inferring that the iPhone 6 Plus was nothing more than a larger screen. Whether or not they care for the bigger screen was kind of irrelevant to me, because like you said, not everyone is going to like said screen. Trying to say that the 6 Plus is ONLY a bigger screen and nothing more (in terms of change from the previous gen or even the regular 6) is just a false statement...regardless of opinion.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Then I guess I'm confused why you quoted my comment when making your own...my retort to the OP was in response to his/her inferring that the iPhone 6 Plus was nothing more than a larger screen. Whether or not they care for the bigger screen was kind of irrelevant to me, because like you said, not everyone is going to like said screen. Trying to say that the 6 Plus is ONLY a bigger screen and nothing more (in terms of change from the previous gen or even the regular 6) is just a false statement...regardless of opinion.

I guess my point is that all those things you listed as "better" aren't that noticeable (especially the camera) to the average user (besides maybe battery life) to justify the size, if one isn't sure about a larger phone. So as someone who has used both quite a bit, I can at least see where OP is coming from with his broad "it is just a bigger iphone 6" statement.

BUT if you are totally comfortable with the bigger size the 6+ is a no brainer and probably worth the few extra bucks.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess my point is that all those things you listed as "better" aren't that noticeable (especially the camera) to the average user (besides maybe battery life) to justify the size, if one isn't sure about a larger phone. So as someone who has used both quite a bit, I can at least see where OP is coming from with his broad "it is just a bigger iphone 6" statement.

BUT if you are totally comfortable with the bigger size the 6+ is a no brainer and probably worth the few extra bucks.

That's fine, that's your opinion if you feel they aren't that noticeable...to me they are clearly and obviously noticeable...that's my opinion. The thing is though that the iPhone 6 Plus does have a higher resolution screen, better camera, better battery, better processor and a few other features that are factually enhanced vs. the previous generation 5S and the regular iPhone 6, so again, like I said before, saying that the iPhone 6 Plus is simply a larger screen is a false statement. That is my point, that was my point before...

As far as seeing his side of the argument...I don't think it requires ownership of both devices to do such. I think most people on this website that frequent the boards have researched both devices enough to clearly and concisely understand the full gambit of differences between the two phones.

I was attempting to get clarity on your response to me earlier where you quoted my comment to the OP, but the truth is, what you said was not relevant at all to what i was saying. It would have made more sense as a comment standing on it's own.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
On alternating years, Apple introduces the "S" model. This year the "6" was released. If the naming convention trends hold true, then next year's phones will be the 6S and 6S Plus. Last year the 5S was released, and the year prior the iPhone 5.

chinmay007

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Apple probably released iPhone 6 plus in a hurry. iOS8 is all right but most of the apps are just up-scaling the routine resolution and making them look big on the 6plus screen. It's like installing iPhone app on iPad. Rather than that they should make a way to downscale the iPad app to iPhone 6 plus.
Such a waste of gorgeous and useful big screen. It feels like a phone for granny's and grandpas with large characters filling up the empty spaces on big screen.
I have used iPhone 3 to 4S. But for me the shape and size of iPhone 5 was a deal breaker - kind of felt abnormal. Moved to android. Used note 2 for few months then HTC one for good 2 years. Then moved to BB z30 and now passport. Really love the experience of passport with really beautiful use of large screen. U can read the whole document or web page in original form with touch keypad. And you can throw anything at it, real multitasking with 8 active windows with no lag. It's amazing at work. Was kind of hoping a good coming back to iPhone.
Hope they fix things.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Except the OP described the phone as nothing more than a bigger screen...which is just simply not true at all.

Exactly. Anyone who has owned the 6 Plus longer than a week knows there are many more great qualities to it besides the drop dead gorgeous 1080p 5.5" screen.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

Ron Hites

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I only wish iPhone 6 Plus was bigger!
A 6" screen would've been great for me. Nevertheless I love my iPhone 6 Plus!!! Best phone ever...👍

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Apple probably released iPhone 6 plus in a hurry. iOS8 is all right but most of the apps are just up-scaling the routine resolution and making them look big on the 6plus screen. It's like installing iPhone app on iPad. Rather than that they should make a way to downscale the iPad app to iPhone 6 plus.
Such a waste of gorgeous and useful big screen. It feels like a phone for granny's and grandpas with large characters filling up the empty spaces on big screen.
I have used iPhone 3 to 4S. But for me the shape and size of iPhone 5 was a deal breaker - kind of felt abnormal. Moved to android. Used note 2 for few months then HTC one for good 2 years. Then moved to BB z30 and now passport. Really love the experience of passport with really beautiful use of large screen. U can read the whole document or web page in original form with touch keypad. And you can throw anything at it, real multitasking with 8 active windows with no lag. It's amazing at work. Was kind of hoping a good coming back to iPhone.
Hope they fix things.

They aren't going to fix you're preference of another device or features that you won't find on Apple products...there's nothing to fix on the iPhone 6 Plus because your preferences aren't "problems" that need fixing.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice