If the internals were the same, would you have chosen the "Plus" model vs. the regular sized iPhone?

Identically spec'ed phones...bigger or smaller size?

• Total voters

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: If the internals were the same, would you have chosen the "Plus" model vs. the regular sized iPh

It is interesting to see how many opinions change once they use a larger device. Before it was "5.5 is way too large I would never use a device that size" and now it is "how did I ever live with a small screened device" the larger screen will make people love it and also never want to use anything smaller.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: If the internals were the same, would you have chosen the "Plus" model vs. the regular sized iPh

It is interesting to see how many opinions change once they use a larger device. Before it was "5.5 is way too large I would never use a device that size" and now it is "how did I ever live with a small screened device" the larger screen will make people love it and also never want to use anything smaller.

I guess I'm one of the minority...I don't care for the larger size personally, but want the features, so I deal with it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I guess I'm one of the minority...I don't care for the larger size personally, but want the features, so I deal with it.

Exactly the "features" aka larger screen etc. Apple still can cut down the bezels and hopefully eventually they do, but the larger 1080p screen makes many forget how "big" it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

I still would have chosen the plus as I wanted the larger display.

Alex Gosser

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

This is a tough one, Sean. I have been on the record saying that I didn’t want a larger phone. I was very happy with the 4" screen of the iPhone 5/5S. So, when the iPhone 6/6 Plus was announced, I struggled with the choice - even questioning whether I would upgrade at all. Eventually, I opted for the better specs of the iPhone 6 Plus, despite what I feared would be an "obscenely large screen" (I actually used those words describing the iPhone 6 Plus).

Had the iPhone 6 had the same internal specs (OIS, battery, etc), I am totally convinced that I would have opted for the iPhone 6. But now that I have had the iPhone 6 Plus for over a month, I could not see myself going back to the smaller screen. I recently picked up my wife's iPhone 5, and actually laughed out loud at how tiny it was.

I think that my mantra for future upgrades has become "never say never".

I agree with this 100%. My first opinion of the phone, much like my opinion of the Andrioid large phones, "Why do you need a humungous phone that just looks ridiculous"? Had a smaller phone been available with equal battery life to the six plus, I would have easily gotten the smaller phone at that time.

But now that I have the larger phone... something strange happened that I never expected. I actually got used to the "humongous" phone. I couldn't imagine going back to a smaller phone now. Holding a regular 6.... feels sooooo small now : /

EDIT: I think that is partially the way Apple designed the phone too. Despite sporting a large display, the Iphone 6 Plus "feels" smaller than the android/windows counterparts. Maybe it's just me being biased.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I would stick with the 6. The Plus would be way too big for my tiny hands.

Sent from my iPhone 6

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

I agree with this 100%. My first opinion of the phone, much like my opinion of the Andrioid large phones, "Why do you need a humungous phone that just looks ridiculous"? Had a smaller phone been available with equal battery life to the six plus, I would have easily gotten the smaller phone at that time.

But now that I have the larger phone... something strange happened that I never expected. I actually got used to the "humongous" phone. I couldn't imagine going back to a smaller phone now. Holding a regular 6.... feels sooooo small now : /

EDIT: I think that is partially the way Apple designed the phone too. Despite sporting a large display, the Iphone 6 Plus "feels" smaller than the android/windows counterparts. Maybe it's just me being biased.

I don't think you are being biased at all. I've used 5'' + Samsung phones for the past 2.5 years and one of the first things I noticed when I got my 6 plus was how nice it felt in the hand. I've always been a fan of bigger screened phones but often felt that my Galaxy devices were unwieldy. I don't get that feeling at all with my 6 plus. I think it's the rounded corners.

vncmgn

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

I would've gotten the regular 6 if that was the case. If you go out to parties, go to school (class=sneaky texting), it's more convenient. I got the plus right now because, as silly as this may sound, I can't stand knowing that theres a better version of the phone I just bought- the thought will hunt me for sure. I'm not sure if I'm the only one like this or if it's too much, but it's the truth. Now, I totally love the big screen on this beautiful thing; just wish they took advantage of it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk