View Poll Results: Identically spec'ed phones...bigger or smaller size?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bigger

19 61.29%
  • Smaller

12 38.71%
    Plus all day!!! It eliminate the need of having an iPad for me. Now I can just use a single device in and out of the house. I doubt I can ever go back to smaller screen now that I've trained my eyes.
    10-24-2014 12:40 AM
    I wanted the biggest iPhone screen available.

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    10-24-2014 05:51 AM
    Nope! I bought the 6 first then decided to get the plus. I looked at my 6 again while packaging it for the eBay winner and boy did it feel small lol. Plus all the way!!!
    10-28-2014 03:35 AM
    Having used the Redmi Note, the Nexus 5 and now the Oneplus-one, I don't think I can ever go back to using a regular sized iPhone 6...
    10-28-2014 07:23 AM
    I would of still chosen the 6+. I definitely didn't want a huge device at first but I wanted to see & hold both before making my decision. I preordered both so I could make sure I had a device on launch day & for some reason I was drawn to the 6+ over the 6. So that's what I left with. It took me a couple weeks to get use to the size but I have no regrets. I absolutely love my 6+
    10-28-2014 09:42 AM
    All things equal I would have still ordered the 6 Plus. I've been wanting a larger screen, and was glad when two size options were announced.
    10-28-2014 08:10 PM
    There are only 1 reason I kept going to android phones in the past only to be disappointed and return to iPhone and that is screen size. I wouldn't care if the 6+ had the specs of the iPhone 5, I'd still buy it.
    10-29-2014 02:25 AM
    I'm bumping this now that more people have gotten their hands on a 6 Plus since the thread was posted. It's a good question and I'm curious what people think.
    11-25-2014 03:12 PM
    if the internals were the same... i would have chosen the smaller one.
    honestly, i never thought i'd use a phone this big but now i don't regret it.
    11-25-2014 04:42 PM
    I'd still probably go with the 6+. I love the screen size!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-25-2014 06:23 PM
    It would be nice if they had a 1080x1920 screen and iOS on both.
    Make them just ever so slightly thicker so the camera would be flush.
    And with the extra internal space the battery pack could be a bit larger, probably gain a few hundred mAh.
    The + would still have a larger battery for sure!
    11-25-2014 09:10 PM
    I watch a lot of videos and movies, therefore I think if the internals were the same on both devices I would still opt for the Plus due to the larger screen size.
    11-26-2014 10:02 AM
    Own a 6 Plus, have only played around with the 6 in stores. Bought the larger phone for it's screen size and not really for the internal specs...if all things were the same I would definitely have to say I'd purchase the 6 Plus again
    11-26-2014 10:23 AM
    I chose the larger screen not only for the specs but also the screen size. I like having the room to play games, read email, web use on the go when my iPad A2 is not with me.
    11-29-2014 11:22 AM
    What he said.

I'm completely used to the large size of the 6+ now and don't think I could go back.
    Ditto. The camera and battery swayed me away from the 6. Now that I've had it a while, the added bulk doesn't bother me. I'm not going to say I won't ever go a size down, but for now I'm quite content with the 5.5" display size. (And my eyes say thank you.)
    11-29-2014 11:29 AM
    Not me I love the size of the plus. It's why I got it. I use an OB case and don't have an issue with the size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-29-2014 12:37 PM
    It is interesting to see how many opinions change once they use a larger device. Before it was "5.5 is way too large I would never use a device that size" and now it is "how did I ever live with a small screened device" the larger screen will make people love it and also never want to use anything smaller.
    11-29-2014 04:54 PM
    I like iphone 6 plus
    11-30-2014 12:18 AM
    It is interesting to see how many opinions change once they use a larger device. Before it was "5.5 is way too large I would never use a device that size" and now it is "how did I ever live with a small screened device" the larger screen will make people love it and also never want to use anything smaller.
    I guess I'm one of the minority...I don't care for the larger size personally, but want the features, so I deal with it.
    11-30-2014 12:23 AM
    I guess I'm one of the minority...I don't care for the larger size personally, but want the features, so I deal with it.
    Exactly the "features" aka larger screen etc. Apple still can cut down the bezels and hopefully eventually they do, but the larger 1080p screen makes many forget how "big" it is

11-30-2014 12:25 AM
    I still would have chosen the plus as I wanted the larger display.
    11-30-2014 01:08 AM
    This is a tough one, Sean. I have been on the record saying that I didn’t want a larger phone. I was very happy with the 4" screen of the iPhone 5/5S. So, when the iPhone 6/6 Plus was announced, I struggled with the choice - even questioning whether I would upgrade at all. Eventually, I opted for the better specs of the iPhone 6 Plus, despite what I feared would be an "obscenely large screen" (I actually used those words describing the iPhone 6 Plus).

Had the iPhone 6 had the same internal specs (OIS, battery, etc), I am totally convinced that I would have opted for the iPhone 6. But now that I have had the iPhone 6 Plus for over a month, I could not see myself going back to the smaller screen. I recently picked up my wife's iPhone 5, and actually laughed out loud at how tiny it was.

I think that my mantra for future upgrades has become "never say never".
    I agree with this 100%. My first opinion of the phone, much like my opinion of the Andrioid large phones, "Why do you need a humungous phone that just looks ridiculous"? Had a smaller phone been available with equal battery life to the six plus, I would have easily gotten the smaller phone at that time.

But now that I have the larger phone... something strange happened that I never expected. I actually got used to the "humongous" phone. I couldn't imagine going back to a smaller phone now. Holding a regular 6.... feels sooooo small now : /

EDIT: I think that is partially the way Apple designed the phone too. Despite sporting a large display, the Iphone 6 Plus "feels" smaller than the android/windows counterparts. Maybe it's just me being biased.
    12-01-2014 09:51 AM
    I would stick with the 6. The Plus would be way too big for my tiny hands.

Sent from my iPhone 6
    12-01-2014 04:54 PM
    I agree with this 100%. My first opinion of the phone, much like my opinion of the Andrioid large phones, "Why do you need a humungous phone that just looks ridiculous"? Had a smaller phone been available with equal battery life to the six plus, I would have easily gotten the smaller phone at that time.

But now that I have the larger phone... something strange happened that I never expected. I actually got used to the "humongous" phone. I couldn't imagine going back to a smaller phone now. Holding a regular 6.... feels sooooo small now : /

EDIT: I think that is partially the way Apple designed the phone too. Despite sporting a large display, the Iphone 6 Plus "feels" smaller than the android/windows counterparts. Maybe it's just me being biased.
    I don't think you are being biased at all. I've used 5'' + Samsung phones for the past 2.5 years and one of the first things I noticed when I got my 6 plus was how nice it felt in the hand. I've always been a fan of bigger screened phones but often felt that my Galaxy devices were unwieldy. I don't get that feeling at all with my 6 plus. I think it's the rounded corners.
    12-02-2014 03:03 AM
    I would've gotten the regular 6 if that was the case. If you go out to parties, go to school (class=sneaky texting), it's more convenient. I got the plus right now because, as silly as this may sound, I can't stand knowing that theres a better version of the phone I just bought- the thought will hunt me for sure. I'm not sure if I'm the only one like this or if it's too much, but it's the truth. Now, I totally love the big screen on this beautiful thing; just wish they took advantage of it more.

12-05-2014 05:02 PM
50 12