Anyone using the Zagg glass protector?

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I almost went with the HDX but chose the glass instead. I usually go without a screen protector but with the 6+ I put a Zagg glass on it as soon as I pulled factory plastic off.

I'm impressed, it does not show fingerprints bad on mine. While I have some scratches on it, that I have no idea where they came from, they are not visible with the screen on, so its not a issue.

I actually have a extra that someone gave me in case this one gets broke.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I almost went with the HDX but chose the glass instead. I usually go without a screen protector but with the 6+ I put a Zagg glass on it as soon as I pulled factory plastic off.

I'm impressed, it does not show fingerprints bad on mine. While I have some scratches on it, that I have no idea where they came from, they are not visible with the screen on, so its not a issue.

I actually have a extra that someone gave me in case this one gets broke.

I actually went with the HDX to try it out, it's not glass but when you put it on it sure as heck feels like it. And it really cuts down on the fingerprints. I know some people say it doesn't but for me it does and for my kids how never clean their screens it sure as h*ll does.

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I actually went with the HDX to try it out, it's not glass but when you put it on it sure as heck feels like it. And it really cuts down on the fingerprints. I know some people say it doesn't but for me it does and for my kids how never clean their screens it sure as h*ll does.

I may try the HDX on my iPad Air and see how I like it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine has 2 chips on the sides...never dropped it. I can only assume it has come from something in my pocket, but I try pretty hard to keep keys and stuff like that out of my phone pocket. It doesn't drive me crazy or anything...but they are there. I have thought about requesting a replacement, but seeing how A LOT of people are reporting this online (and even here on iMore which is interesting), I may wait to see if they release a new "batch" later (since this one is literally perfectly aligned on my screen).

My wife has the same glass version on her 6 and she doesn't have any chips at all.

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed a chip in the corner of mine as well, not sweating it. As long as there is nothing that affects the view of the screen I won't change it out.

mij9895

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have Zagg Glass on my 6+ and I love it. Doesn't really smudge for me. Of course, mine cracked when trying to swap it from one iPhone to the next when Apple replaced my defective 6+. Waiting for my replacement to show up in the mail.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

mij9895

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed a chip in the corner of mine as well, not sweating it. As long as there is nothing that affects the view of the screen I won't change it out.

At least it's only a chip. I have a crack diagonally thru the middle of my screen. I'll be glad when my replacement gets here. It shipped on Thursday.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine has 2 chips on the sides...never dropped it. I can only assume it has come from something in my pocket, but I try pretty hard to keep keys and stuff like that out of my phone pocket. It doesn't drive me crazy or anything...but they are there. I have thought about requesting a replacement, but seeing how A LOT of people are reporting this online (and even here on iMore which is interesting), I may wait to see if they release a new "batch" later (since this one is literally perfectly aligned on my screen).

My wife has the same glass version on her 6 and she doesn't have any chips at all.

Same thing here. My 6+ Zagg has no chips but my husband's has a chip on the bottom next to the home button and he hasn't dropped his phone either. But like you, he keeps his in his pocket with nothing else. So maybe the edge got caught a rough part of his jeans or something?

We requested a replacement right away because the chip is in his "swipe path" when pulling up the control panel so his thumb was always coming in contact with the chip and it quickly became a tiny crack. 😳

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if Zagg will offer bigger discounts on their glass shields come the actual black Friday.