Hard choice iPhone 6 Plus or Samsung Note 4

iDivergent

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I think the bending issues are exaggerated I have looked and felt the iPhone 6 and 6 plus on my hand even though to me the look dies look cheap but it does feel solid at least the 6 does to me

Another you should as to your list is the Nexus 6 that phone is sick

I won't go with the nexus 6 because it's a AOSP 5.0 android version.
When something is AOSP than i'm addicted to root it and unlock the bootloader en put custom roms onto it.
I don't wanna waste my time anymore by tweaking my device.
The Galaxy Note 4 was a consideration that i was making because the Galaxy Alpha looks so good but has bad specs in combination with high price.
I have asked more people what to do and thanks to you guys here, i think that i'll go with the iPhone 6 64GB .

And you, have fun with your Note 4.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The only Google service I use is Gmail. No need for any of the other stuff. I really do prefer Apple's services on my Mac and my iPhone/iPad.

I quit using gmail when exchange quit pushing free accounts, I have since moved to iCloud specially and less spam and I don't have to read gmail on 4 devices lol

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
If I wasn't invested in one ecosystem or the other and I was choosing between the Galaxy S5 and iPhone 6, I would totally go with the iPhone 6. On the other hand if I was going for a larger phone and I was choosing between the 6+ and Note 4, I would go with the Note 4. Samsung has been doing the large phone thing longer and have the larger phone features more perfected in my opinion.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I received my iPhone 6 plus on the 8th played with it all this time but time to go, I guess I am a true android so I will be getting the Samsung Galaxy note 4! Buy iPhone 6 plus! It's just not for me, I don't see all the hype at all.

I wouldn't call it hype on either platform. It comes down to what works better for the individual. I have a 6+ & a Galaxy S5. My iPhone is my daily driver because it functions better for my use. Most of the free productivity apps I use on iPhone for work don't work as good on the Sammy, plus the one I use everyday doesn't have unlimited use on Android. I'd have to do an in app purchase, which is crazy. The Sammy is no doubt a great device, it just can't function as my daily driver. Different strokes for different folks.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep, there is a lower chance of bending for the 6 because the phone is smaller and has a smaller moment arm for less torque about any pivots.

As for the M8, you said in your list of wants that you wanted a camera but I wouldn't go with the M8 if that was the case. My M7's camera didn't work well at all even in the best of circumstances and I've seen the same with other users at AC. You'll get really soft and blurry pictures because of all that extra light.

The iPhone's camera has freakishly fast focusing so if that is something you want, it is worth considering.

My Galaxy's camera, when I had it, was slow focusing but I'm not sure if they improved things with the S5/Note 4

The 6+ is just as big as the Note 4 so if you are looking for a smaller phone maybe a GS5/iPhone/M8 is best

Good luck with your decision. I would go try out all these bad boys out at the store to get a feel for all of them along with visiting their respective forums to see the kind of issues you might have

My S5 camera focus is pretty good. Not as fast as the iPhone but not bad.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I haven't used the note 4 but I have no problem saying I'm sure it's a great device (I have a note 3). I'm an apple fan but respect and appreciate android and all it has to offer

Bluehair62

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've owned them all (Sammy's and iPhones) My issue as a State Farm Ins Agent is so many people have my cell number and send me text messages ALL THE TIME!!! When I've switched to Galaxy's in the past... I lose large amounts of messages (iMessage) I've done everything to fix including calling apple and removing me phone from the server. The bottom line for me... it comes down to a smart business decision. iOS it for me... I have and love the 6 and awaiting my 6+

Saw a GREAT review the other day on YouTube... Under the channel "My Next Appliance" comparing the Note 4 and the 6Plus. At the end of the comparison he makes a very smart comment about the diffrence of the 2 devises... If you are looking to use the phone as more of a communication devise... It's the 6Plus... If your looking to have more computing like your desktop... its the Note4.. Something like that... It hit home for me...

Now, that I can get text messages from everyone iOS or non-iOS on my Mac, iPads, and Phone... I am locked in!!!

Can't go wrong either way IMHO, but it's iOS for me!!!

Peace

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Got my hands on a Note 4 in person recently. Beautiful looking device. In my opinion, it is definitely the best looking and most well built phone Samsung has ever made. The screen looked pretty good. Far too bright and over saturated for my tastes, personally... But I could see it definitely appealing to the crowd who buy bright LED TVs and set the display to dynamic mode or store demo settings... The feeling swiping around and opening apps seemed slightly improved over my last Android 4.3 JB device. Still not a fan of Samsung's clutter. But I wouldn't mind using one for a month.

iman89

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying the Note as well. I have an iPhone 5 right now, so I am way in the past. But I love how the Note gives you the option to have 2 windows opened at the same time (multi tasking). And it looks really nice. I also heard it has better specs than the iPhone 6 Plus. I also just want to try something new, but I am sure the iPhone 6 plus would be cool too.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying the Note as well. I have an iPhone 5 right now, so I am way in the past. But I love how the Note gives you the option to have 2 windows opened at the same time (multi tasking). And it looks really nice. I also heard it has better specs than the iPhone 6 Plus. I also just want to try something new, but I am sure the iPhone 6 plus would be cool too.

I'm not trying to steer anyone away from Samsung but I just used my s5 for under a week when I was waiting for my iPhone to be replaced, and if you are a major iPhone person be careful with switching over its a completely different world. You may try it and like it and you have 14 days to return it to your provider but just saying be careful cause I hated being stuck with only my Samsung.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Samsung Note 4 this year I'm going to try to stick out out until the iPhone 7 comes out I still have my iPad anyone else have a hard time choosing between an iPhone 6 Plus and a Samsung Note 4
My main reason for going with a Note 4
1. It was available and the iPhone 6 Plus was not from Tmobile
2. I saved money received $200 from samsung
3. Try something different

I know an iPhone works flawlessly but it's a choice I had to make

I like iPhones but they do NOT work "flawlessly". iOS has been very buggy, even more so than its predecessor.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I like iPhones but they do NOT work "flawlessly". iOS has been very buggy, even more so than its predecessor.

See I'm honestly trying to figure out what bugs people are speaking of. I notice no difference between my old 5s on iOS 7 and my new 6 on iOS 8. They both ran imo very very smooth

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
See I'm honestly trying to figure out what bugs people are speaking of. I notice no difference between my old 5s on iOS 7 and my new 6 on iOS 8. They both ran imo very very smooth

There's a thread on the 6 plus forum about audio and video silent issues after the 8.1 update.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I had the note 1 and 2 and loved them but just stopped using the s-pen and the software had too many features it do not use. I love the hardware of the Note 4.

I will be ordering the Nexus 6 which will have the performance I want, stock android and reports are the camera is very much improved.

Can't wait to go a week each in my 6+ and Nexus 6!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh