Treat your phone with respect and you won't have a bending phone.
    I don't do stupid things with it.
    I'll take the iPhone 6 not the plus because it's way to big.
    Is there a lower chance on bending with the iPhone 6 in comparison with the plus?
    10-21-2014 05:12 PM
    Is there a lower chance on bending with the iPhone 6 in comparison with the plus?
    Yep, there is a lower chance of bending for the 6 because the phone is smaller and has a smaller moment arm for less torque about any pivots.

As for the M8, you said in your list of wants that you wanted a camera but I wouldn't go with the M8 if that was the case. My M7's camera didn't work well at all even in the best of circumstances and I've seen the same with other users at AC. You'll get really soft and blurry pictures because of all that extra light.

The iPhone's camera has freakishly fast focusing so if that is something you want, it is worth considering.

My Galaxy's camera, when I had it, was slow focusing but I'm not sure if they improved things with the S5/Note 4

The 6+ is just as big as the Note 4 so if you are looking for a smaller phone maybe a GS5/iPhone/M8 is best

Good luck with your decision. I would go try out all these bad boys out at the store to get a feel for all of them along with visiting their respective forums to see the kind of issues you might have
    Last edited by jdhooghe; 10-21-2014 at 08:31 PM.
    iDivergent likes this.
    10-21-2014 06:17 PM
    I don't know if it so much left, but people started getting curious and looking around trying new things out. For a lot of people like me apple is always going to be home base
    I don't know why but that's the case for me too: Apple (iPhone specifically) is always home base. Ironic, considering Google services is what I use to store everything.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-21-2014 07:14 PM
    Im going through this now.. I currently have a note 3 haven't had a iphone in years... But I get bored after a while and have had about 4 years on the other side, 2 years with other android phones and another 2 years as far as the note 2 and 3.. Im strongly considering the iphone 6+ to give ios a go again because I have been waiting for Apple to get with the program as far as bigger phones.. Only thing is I need a wifi tethering option and there are no options for that without a jailbreak that I currently know of.... Well unless you guys know anything lol.. Im not paying Verizon a dollar more for anything lol.... I wish I could just bring my tethering app Foxfi with me... I just don't know if I want to jailbreak due to apple pay because id like to use that and I don't know how id feel bypassing security features using programs that could access my money....
    10-21-2014 07:20 PM
    I'm also having a problem between some devices,
    * iPhone 6
    * iPhone 6 Plus
    * Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    * HTC One M8
    * HTC One M8 Prime ( coming soon )
    * HTC One M9 ( coming soon )

My requirments:
    I need a good camera
    I need a good designed phone
    I was Android app developer and I stopped 2 months ago after having done my first and only app, Smooth Browser LTD, I'm done with tweaking and rooting phones, that's why I'm considering buying a iPhone.
    I've heard bending issues with both iPhones and that's why I having problems with the new iPhones and my decision...
    I think the bending issues are exaggerated I have looked and felt the iPhone 6 and 6 plus on my hand even though to me the look dies look cheap but it does feel solid at least the 6 does to me

Another you should as to your list is the Nexus 6 that phone is sick
    iDivergent likes this.
    10-22-2014 12:47 AM
    Congrats and good luck with it. I went with the 6 Plus. I'm very well into the eco system along with my entire family.
    So am I especially on iTunes lucky I was able to tranfer them all to my Google
    10-22-2014 12:47 AM
    Nope, I knew that I wanted both!
    You are one blessed person
    10-22-2014 12:48 AM
    Treat your phone with respect and you won't have a bending phone.
    I agree any phone can get damaged by neglect
    10-22-2014 12:48 AM
    6 seems more solid
    I don't know why but that's the case for me too: Apple (iPhone specifically) is always home base. Ironic, considering Google services is what I use to store everything.
    I think mist people use Google services over apple except itunes
    10-22-2014 12:50 AM
    Im going through this now.. I currently have a note 3 haven't had a iphone in years... But I get bored after a while and have had about 4 years on the other side, 2 years with other android phones and another 2 years as far as the note 2 and 3.. Im strongly considering the iphone 6+ to give ios a go again because I have been waiting for Apple to get with the program as far as bigger phones.. Only thing is I need a wifi tethering option and there are no options for that without a jailbreak that I currently know of.... Well unless you guys know anything lol.. Im not paying Verizon a dollar more for anything lol.... I wish I could just bring my tethering app Foxfi with me... I just don't know if I want to jailbreak due to apple pay because id like to use that and I don't know how id feel bypassing security features using programs that could access my money....
    If you can afford Verizon get a second line and enjoy both android and iPhone
    10-22-2014 12:51 AM
    I think the bending issues are exaggerated I have looked and felt the iPhone 6 and 6 plus on my hand even though to me the look dies look cheap but it does feel solid at least the 6 does to me

Another you should as to your list is the Nexus 6 that phone is sick
    I won't go with the nexus 6 because it's a AOSP 5.0 android version.
    When something is AOSP than i'm addicted to root it and unlock the bootloader en put custom roms onto it.
    I don't wanna waste my time anymore by tweaking my device.
    The Galaxy Note 4 was a consideration that i was making because the Galaxy Alpha looks so good but has bad specs in combination with high price.
    I have asked more people what to do and thanks to you guys here, i think that i'll go with the iPhone 6 64GB .

And you, have fun with your Note 4.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-22-2014 01:40 AM
    I think m[o]st people use Google services over apple except itunes
    The only Google service I use is Gmail. No need for any of the other stuff. I really do prefer Apple's services on my Mac and my iPhone/iPad.
    10-22-2014 08:25 AM
    The only Google service I use is Gmail. No need for any of the other stuff. I really do prefer Apple's services on my Mac and my iPhone/iPad.
    I quit using gmail when exchange quit pushing free accounts, I have since moved to iCloud specially and less spam and I don't have to read gmail on 4 devices lol
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-22-2014 08:43 AM
    Nope. No contest. iPhone 6 Plus and loving it.
    How long did you spend with the Note 4?
    10-22-2014 12:39 PM
    If I wasn't invested in one ecosystem or the other and I was choosing between the Galaxy S5 and iPhone 6, I would totally go with the iPhone 6. On the other hand if I was going for a larger phone and I was choosing between the 6+ and Note 4, I would go with the Note 4. Samsung has been doing the large phone thing longer and have the larger phone features more perfected in my opinion.
    10-22-2014 12:44 PM
    I received my iPhone 6 plus on the 8th played with it all this time but time to go, I guess I am a true android so I will be getting the Samsung Galaxy note 4! Buy iPhone 6 plus! It's just not for me, I don't see all the hype at all.
    I wouldn't call it hype on either platform. It comes down to what works better for the individual. I have a 6+ & a Galaxy S5. My iPhone is my daily driver because it functions better for my use. Most of the free productivity apps I use on iPhone for work don't work as good on the Sammy, plus the one I use everyday doesn't have unlimited use on Android. I'd have to do an in app purchase, which is crazy. The Sammy is no doubt a great device, it just can't function as my daily driver. Different strokes for different folks.
    Hiri89 likes this.
    10-22-2014 12:51 PM
    Yep, there is a lower chance of bending for the 6 because the phone is smaller and has a smaller moment arm for less torque about any pivots.

As for the M8, you said in your list of wants that you wanted a camera but I wouldn't go with the M8 if that was the case. My M7's camera didn't work well at all even in the best of circumstances and I've seen the same with other users at AC. You'll get really soft and blurry pictures because of all that extra light.

The iPhone's camera has freakishly fast focusing so if that is something you want, it is worth considering.

My Galaxy's camera, when I had it, was slow focusing but I'm not sure if they improved things with the S5/Note 4

The 6+ is just as big as the Note 4 so if you are looking for a smaller phone maybe a GS5/iPhone/M8 is best

Good luck with your decision. I would go try out all these bad boys out at the store to get a feel for all of them along with visiting their respective forums to see the kind of issues you might have
    My S5 camera focus is pretty good. Not as fast as the iPhone but not bad.
    10-22-2014 01:08 PM
    I quit using gmail when exchange quit pushing free accounts, I have since moved to iCloud specially and less spam and I don't have to read gmail on 4 devices lol
    I might need to do this. I hate everything doesn't sync.
    10-22-2014 04:30 PM
    I might need to do this. I hate everything doesn't sync.
    Best thing I ever did lol
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-22-2014 05:29 PM
    I haven't used the note 4 but I have no problem saying I'm sure it's a great device (I have a note 3). I'm an apple fan but respect and appreciate android and all it has to offer
    10-22-2014 07:06 PM
    I've owned them all (Sammy's and iPhones) My issue as a State Farm Ins Agent is so many people have my cell number and send me text messages ALL THE TIME!!! When I've switched to Galaxy's in the past... I lose large amounts of messages (iMessage) I've done everything to fix including calling apple and removing me phone from the server. The bottom line for me... it comes down to a smart business decision. iOS it for me... I have and love the 6 and awaiting my 6+

Saw a GREAT review the other day on YouTube... Under the channel "My Next Appliance" comparing the Note 4 and the 6Plus. At the end of the comparison he makes a very smart comment about the diffrence of the 2 devises... If you are looking to use the phone as more of a communication devise... It's the 6Plus... If your looking to have more computing like your desktop... its the Note4.. Something like that... It hit home for me...

Now, that I can get text messages from everyone iOS or non-iOS on my Mac, iPads, and Phone... I am locked in!!!

Can't go wrong either way IMHO, but it's iOS for me!!!

Peace
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-22-2014 07:13 PM
    Got my hands on a Note 4 in person recently. Beautiful looking device. In my opinion, it is definitely the best looking and most well built phone Samsung has ever made. The screen looked pretty good. Far too bright and over saturated for my tastes, personally... But I could see it definitely appealing to the crowd who buy bright LED TVs and set the display to dynamic mode or store demo settings... The feeling swiping around and opening apps seemed slightly improved over my last Android 4.3 JB device. Still not a fan of Samsung's clutter. But I wouldn't mind using one for a month.
    10-22-2014 09:47 PM
    I'm thinking of buying the Note as well. I have an iPhone 5 right now, so I am way in the past. But I love how the Note gives you the option to have 2 windows opened at the same time (multi tasking). And it looks really nice. I also heard it has better specs than the iPhone 6 Plus. I also just want to try something new, but I am sure the iPhone 6 plus would be cool too.
    10-22-2014 09:53 PM
    I'm thinking of buying the Note as well. I have an iPhone 5 right now, so I am way in the past. But I love how the Note gives you the option to have 2 windows opened at the same time (multi tasking). And it looks really nice. I also heard it has better specs than the iPhone 6 Plus. I also just want to try something new, but I am sure the iPhone 6 plus would be cool too.
    I'm not trying to steer anyone away from Samsung but I just used my s5 for under a week when I was waiting for my iPhone to be replaced, and if you are a major iPhone person be careful with switching over its a completely different world. You may try it and like it and you have 14 days to return it to your provider but just saying be careful cause I hated being stuck with only my Samsung.
    Cleveland likes this.
    10-22-2014 09:56 PM
    I bought a Samsung Note 4 this year I'm going to try to stick out out until the iPhone 7 comes out I still have my iPad anyone else have a hard time choosing between an iPhone 6 Plus and a Samsung Note 4
    My main reason for going with a Note 4
    1. It was available and the iPhone 6 Plus was not from Tmobile
    2. I saved money received $200 from samsung
    3. Try something different

I know an iPhone works flawlessly but it's a choice I had to make
    I like iPhones but they do NOT work "flawlessly". iOS has been very buggy, even more so than its predecessor.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-23-2014 05:19 PM
128 12345 ...