Mine shows nothing (Chase debit). I just see last transaction showing --.
    If I remember correctly when you use a card with ApplePay apple doesn't know what you are spending it on. So you would have to go to the banks app or online to check what was purchased. Hence why most of the big bank and CC's are pushing this... Wouldn't hurt to double check tho...
    10-21-2014 04:03 AM
    For the people who added a Wells Fargo card.. Did you have to download the Wells Fargo Verify app to finish the setup? I have two choices to verify my card and they are to call the bank itself or download some app. I opted to call the first time but there are no prompts for Apple Pay and I couldn't get anyone on the phone.

Are the verification methods the same for each bank?
    10-21-2014 07:31 AM
    I was given the option to install the capital one app after adding my MasterCard but it was not necessary
    10-21-2014 07:51 AM
    If you look at the fine print, it doesn't yet work with debit cards or company issued cards. So what you are seeing is expected.
    Works with my debit card, Wells Fargo.
    10-21-2014 08:40 AM
    For all the people saying it takes a picture of your card. It doesn't. It reads the information. No picture is saved.
    10-21-2014 09:12 AM
    Also, Navy Federal CU sent me an email saying that it will work with Apple Pay in November
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-21-2014 09:14 AM
    I tried to use my 6 Plus to pay at McDonalds this morning and nothing happened. The cashier said the terminal was ready, the light was on, I held the phone to the terminal but nothing. I wonder if it has anything to do with the leather case. I'll try it at another store this evening.
    Last edited by Eddster; 10-21-2014 at 10:44 AM.
    10-21-2014 10:20 AM
    If you guys actually take the time to do some research, some banks are having some issues like Citi, all of mine work fine
    B of A debit/cretic and Chase Freedom, however my credit union won't support it yet
    Another one ey? This IS a form of research. A large portion of the GP will not adopt Apple Pay right off the bat, let alone even know what it is or what it does. The people here came to the right place to share information since we are all early adopters. Loose the attitude.
    10-21-2014 10:34 AM
    For the people who added a Wells Fargo card.. Did you have to download the Wells Fargo Verify app to finish the setup? I have two choices to verify my card and they are to call the bank itself or download some app. I opted to call the first time but there are no prompts for Apple Pay and I couldn't get anyone on the phone.

I didn't have to do anything- it verified OTA. I have a debit card. I have the WF app- just the regular phone app that I've had all along.
    10-21-2014 10:42 AM

I added my Wells Fargo debit card and I didn't have to do anything either. I got an email from Wells Fargo about an hour after adding it to Passbook saying that the card was successfully added.
    10-21-2014 10:46 AM

I just took a pic to my card and it was already set up. It was that easy. I didn't have to do anything else. :-/ sucks that it says you have to do that.
    10-21-2014 11:05 AM

For Capital One I did. I was given two options:

Download a Capital One app
    Call in to Capital One and have them verify via the phone

I deleted the card and decided it was not that important at that moment to have it connected on Apple Pay as of yet.
    10-21-2014 11:07 AM
    10-21-2014 11:09 AM
    For Capital One I did. I was given two options:

Download a Capital One app
    Call in to Capital One and have them verify via the phone

I deleted the card and decided it was not that important at that moment to have it connected on Apple Pay as of yet.
    Yeah, my options are to either call WF or to download the WF Verify App. I don't really understand the purpose of the downloading a separate app but I'm not sure what they could do if I called.
    10-21-2014 11:26 AM
    I already had the capital one app so I just verified that way.
    10-21-2014 12:42 PM
    My Schwab Visa was not accepted (though Shwab told me yesterday that they will be, they're working on it) but my BoA Visa was. I prefer using the Schwab but oh well.
    Apple Pay is in its infancy right now. IT HAS TO START SOMEWHERE.
    iwoodland and nikkisharif like this.
    10-21-2014 12:48 PM
    Yes. And the thousands it's not working for. Like said, hope more will eventually embrace Apple pay. Also, it'd be nice if Apple would eventually enable the additional functionalities that NFC is capable of.
    Give them a chance lol
    10-21-2014 12:52 PM
    Does anyone have a list/chart of what banks are using apple pay? My bank is Brazilian, so idk if it will work
    10-21-2014 02:19 PM
    If you click on the 'I' information icon at the bottom right of the card of your choice, you will see a listing of your most recent transactions.
    Yes it saw that. But mine only tells me the the last transaction and time of yesterday. If I hit the "I" it prompts me to open the Chase app on my phone. There are no transactions listed.
    10-21-2014 03:41 PM
    I guess it makes sense they want you to go to your bank app for transactions. I heard they did not know what you were buying but thought it would show merchant, date and amount in passbook.
    10-21-2014 03:51 PM
    Yes it saw that. But mine only tells me the the last transaction and time of yesterday. If I hit the "I" it prompts me to open the Chase app on my phone. There are no transactions listed.
    On mine it shows the transaction I made at CVS along with the option to open the BOA app/contact them when I click on the "i"
    10-21-2014 04:14 PM
    Bet you cant top this - honest to God, dead serious comment from my bank:

My bank (credit union) is not participating because "to use Apple Pay you have to take a photo of your credit/debit card and it gets stored in the 'cloud'. You know, Apple's cloud was recently hacked. So we are not participating in an effort to protect you". Not sure how you fight this kind of ignorance.

And yes, I am looking for a new bank. Wow.
    I will say this. I had to restore my phone from the firmware. I deleted all backups, local and icloud. Later i reinstalled everything from firmware off of apple's server. Obviously since i deleted backups I didnt' do any restore from backups. With my new install I turned off icloud photo backups. I turned off photostream. i only use icloud for contacts. I manually added everything back. That was like 3 weeks ago. But yesterday i decided i'd start using icloud for back ups so i flick it on. Every setting still the same. Photo backup is still switched off. I look at the icloud stored files when backup was done and i noticed under General, usage, icloud, manage storage, right there was a giant photo backup of all the photos. I deleted them. So it was for some reason backup up photos even though under the icloud settings it that's switched off. So i honestly don't have faith in apple that they won't store stuff.
    10-21-2014 04:28 PM
    Does anyone have a list/chart of what banks are using apple pay? My bank is Brazilian, so idk if it will work
    US banks only to start.
    10-21-2014 04:39 PM
    Went back to the same McDonalds this evening and Apple Pay worked like a charm. Well, I'm a little disappointed with Apple Pay.-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1413932321.669556.jpg
    Hiri89, nikkisharif and TheSparta like this.
    10-21-2014 06:58 PM
    Mine is not supported yet either.. CU. if they don't end up supporting it in the future, this whole apple pay NFC is just a complete waist; considering that you can't do anything else BUT use it for Apple pay.
    *waste (unless of course you meant that Apple Pay NFC is a complete body part of a human being, I really can't be sure from you).

I love this thread..."I'm disappointed with a piece of technology because it didn't work in my specific situation 100% of the time right out of the gate." Comedy!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-21-2014 07:17 PM
66 123