Are all iphone 6 plus unlock? GSM VERSIO

newbie101

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Just a quick question..are iphone 6 plus bought at apple store unlock (GSM Version)?

is it the same when you get at AT&T or T-mobile?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you buy one at full retail price, they should be unlocked... if you buy at a carrier subsidized price, they're locked to the carrier no matter where you buy it... exception: the Verizon models will be GSM unlocked...

Last edited:

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Just a quick question..are iphone 6 plus bought at apple store unlock (GSM Version)?

is it the same when you get at AT&T or T-mobile?

If you want to buy an unlocked iPhone, go to the Apple store and specify that you want an unlocked iPhone. An AT&T iPhone is locked to AT&T, no matter how much you pay for it.

JustZE

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
If you want to buy an unlocked iPhone, go to the Apple store and specify that you want an unlocked iPhone. An AT&T iPhone is locked to AT&T, no matter how much you pay for it.

My plus is AT&T and it is unlocked .. I paid full price and Im using tmobile service right now

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
If you buy one at full retail price, they should be unlocked... if you buy at a carrier subsidized price, they're locked to the carrier no matter where you buy it... exception: the Verizon models will be GSM unlocked...

I purchased an Att iPhone 6 on eBay, will I be able to unlock it and use it on Verizon if I wish to?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
No. Theoretically yes, but Verizon won't enable anything not originally provisioned to them. If you could get by with just data and VoLTE, then maybe it would work, but the 3G CDMA for voice and data will not.

What about third party carriers that run off Verizon's network like Straight Talk or Net10?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Not afaik. But Straight Talk supports several different carriers including AT&T.

Ok. It's just at this point I have cricket, which runs off Att, and I don't have the best of coverage at my house, Att is also in the process of converting the alltel network to gsm, so I'll prolly just wait it out.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
No. Theoretically yes, but Verizon won't enable anything not originally provisioned to them. If you could get by with just data and VoLTE, then maybe it would work, but the 3G CDMA for voice and data will not.

VoLTE and data needs a sim card. You won't be able to use it. What is supposed to happen is that when you purchase an iPhone 6 full price and not do it through an upgrade then it will be unlocked. Speaking from experience.

princessiphone

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Not true. I unlocked an iPhone 6 AT&T and put a Verizon sim in it and everything worked. Even volte.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

This is incorrect ... If you buy an AT&T model at full retail it comes unlocked on any gsm carrier

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Did the same with my 6+ used iTunes to recover my encrypted backup and screenshot this for a friend who didn't believe me as well lol ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413982026.765023.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2