Your phone will not trickle charge unless you have a battery management app like Battery Doctor. Any charge greater the. 9hours is considered an overcharge. Battery Doctor has some good features, alarm when charge is complete, memory boost, optimization functions, as well as battery usage (what uses the most battery power). There are some downsides that I constantly list in the reviews, like charging below 20% and when complete it says partial charge instead of what it should show which is full charge (1 full charge per month is recommended). You have to keep the app open for it to work properly (who doesn't use their phone while charging at some point? Well, if you don't keep the app open it will close on its own and start back up as if the charging that took place up to that point didn't happen. Your phone (iPhone/Droid/etc) doesn't come with the ability to do the functions that Battery doctor offers (trickle charge/memory management, etc). Who ever said that was wrong, unless they said that an app like Battery doctor made those functions possible. As powerful as some charging apps are, they need to do a better job applying the feedback provided by the users to improve their products. Battery Doctor has changed very little since I first downloaded the app back in 2012. It is still However, better than charging the phone without a battery management app. I hope this clarifies the information you were given.
    11-03-2015 12:56 AM
    No, not the case. The electrons in your charger still flow to the battery. Once the battery reaches saturation, you can burn out the cells in your battery, which can vary from shorter battery life to the extreme, causing the battery/phone to catch fire. An aftermarket application is required to properly track and maintain your battery, which includes features such as trickle charging, optimization, junk/memory speed increase, and control over the most power consuming features on your phone. I'm sure one day phones will have this technology built in, however, for now a separate software program is required to manage the charging/battery maintenance. I have found battery doctor to be the best and it's free. It also is available for both Droid OS and iOS. Hope this helps!
    11-03-2015 01:05 AM
    I just charge mine overnight and have it 100% in the morning.

AFAIK, the post above me is correct.
    11-03-2015 01:05 AM
    Not the case, check out the stuff I wrote to the person you referred to in your post. Hope it helps.
    11-03-2015 01:07 AM
    You are right , and in order to have those features you must download Battery Doctor and keep it open through out the charge. The phones on the market even now in 2015 do not have built in software to monitor charging like Battery Doctor does. Only down fall is the issues with the program have not been patched to fix the issues since its induction back in 2012. I attribute this to the fact the app is free. There are better apps available that cost money .
    11-03-2015 01:11 AM
    You didn't exceed 9 hrs so you aren't overcharging the battery. It is feasible to conduct charging with out an app, and have good success with battery life. The batteries (especially for iPhones) were designed to not necessarily need additional software to manage battery charging and usage, nevertheless, the Battery Doctor app provides some features that ensure you get the most out of your battery (designed for those that don't take as much care in charging as you do ). As I am sure you know the batteries in iPhones are built into the phone and not easily replaced. This is due to the design of the battery, if taken care of properly, to last as long as the other components of the phone. It's when you leave it on the charger for 9+ hrs consistently and burn the cells out of the battery that people have issues. Battery Doctor can be useful to those who take care in charging and benefit from the added features as well as those who do not take care when charging to help them avoid issues like over charging. I'm not sure where some of the people on here go their info, but phones do not have battery management software as sophisticated as Battery Doctor (other pay apps but BD is free ) built into the phone. At some point they will but as of now it is required to have an external software package to effectively monitor charging/useage/discharge. I hope this clarifies the issue being discussed .
    11-03-2015 01:22 AM
31 12