iPhone 6 + Vs Nexus 6

RGT70

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I guess both are great smartphones. Nexus 6 has 6" screen and better camera. Android lollipop is another selling point. iPhone 6+ on the other hand pairs with MBP now, and I am really used to the ios system.
Any suggestion?
By the way, it is really a big coincident that the new iPad mini picture leaks at the same day that Google launches Nexus 6!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you have not gotten a phone yet, I would go to a store and hold them. See what feels better in your hands. If you are not invested in either OS's app store then really it comes down to what feels the best for you.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's iOS vs Android. I'll take the iPhone 6 Plus.

Side-note: You don't know whether or not the Nexus 6 has a better camera since you haven't used it yet.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Ill be give you my opinion.

Both Android and iOS are great operating systems. This is the first thing I believe you need to consider when choosing which is right for you. Both have good movie and media options if that is a big factor for you as it is for me. I do find itunes integration a must when it comes to my music and movies. I find it easy and convenient. When I was using a galaxy note 2 I honestly didn't like the drag and drop my music onto an sd card. Reason being is that organizing music with android phones was hit and miss with my experience. I'd have songs from the same albumn in three different folders. And it wasn't my doing. So that was an X for me with android.

Any android user will argue that ios is not customizable and is inferior to android. Android has alot of userful widgets that you can place anywhere you want on the home screens. I commonly used a music player and calender widget when I was using my Note 2. If it's one thing I will tip my hat to android is widgets. I miss that calender widget. Alot. lol

I personally use the Iphone 6 plus 128gb. And from what I see there is no 128gb for the nexus 6 or an sd slot. So that would be a final thing to consider if you were like me and want alot of local storage.

Neither one should disappoint. It's all down to preference. It really comes down to what you need out of your phone.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I use imovie and itunes very often.

Seems like that answers you're question then. I've had my 6 plus since launch and can't put it down still. I watch a lot more videos now thanks to the larger screen. So I can safely say it's great for movies. ��

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Let me offer some unbiased opinion. I have been a long time Android user with two Android phones and one Android tablet. But after using the iPad 4 for one year and made the comparison, I decided to switch over to iPhone instead of getting another Android phone. It is because I love the simplicity of the iOS. I don't care about specs. In my humble opinion, less is more when they are performed in perfection. Apps simply work better on iOS over Android OS. Ironically, even Google application works better and smoother on iOS. It really depend on what turns you on, right? If customization is your thing, go with the Nexus or other Android phone. But if you want perfection in a beautiful setting, you should go for the iPhone. As I have said before, Android phones are designed by engineers, while iPhones are engineered by designers.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Let me offer some unbiased opinion. I have been a long time Android user with two Android phones and one Android tablet. But after using the iPad 4 for one year and made the comparison, I decided to switch over to iPhone instead of getting another Android phone. It is because I love the simplicity of the iOS. I don't care about specs. In my humble opinion, less is more when they are performed in perfection. Apps simply work better on iOS over Android OS. Ironically, even Google application works better and smoother on iOS. It really depend on what turns you on, right? If customization is your thing, go with the Nexus or other Android phone. But if you want perfection in a beautiful setting, you should go for the iPhone. As I have said before, Android phones are designed by engineers, while iPhones are engineered by designers.

That was not an unbiased opinion, at all.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
That was not an unbiased opinion, at all.

Well, I made my educated choice after one year of comparison, without being fanboy of either camp. If you love something after a lengthy comparison, it is considered unbiased in my humble opinion. But of course, everybody has their own preference and you have the right to choose what works best for you. And I have the right to express my opinion. :)

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, I made my educated choice after one year of comparison, without being fanboy of either camp. If you love something after a lengthy comparison, it is considered unbiased in my humble opinion. But of course, everybody has their own preference and you have the right to choose what works best for you. And I have the right to express my opinion. :)

I wasn't suggesting that there was anything wrong with your opinion, just that it wasn't unbiased. Words like "beautiful" and "perfection" do not come up in unbiased opinions. The statement that "Apps simply work better on iOS over Android OS" make it seem like this is the case with all apps, when it is only the case with some apps. I've experienced apps that were better on one platform than they were on the other; it wasn't always an iOS advantage. There is one particular app that I use that is buggy on both platforms, but in different ways.

An unbiased opinion would list examples of tasks that are performed on both platforms and the results of those tasks. It may also list features that are available on one platform, but not the other. It's up to the OP to decide if those features are necessary for his/her daily use and ultimately, which platform is better for that usage scenario.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I had dismissed the nexus 6 despite being a fan of nexus devices. I have had the S, 4 and 5. Once I saw the size, it is about the same size as my 6+. I returned my moto x 2014 and plan to get the nexus 6 if the reviews turn out as I suspect. The iPhone 6+ and nexus 6 will make a great pair! If I had to self identify with only one platform it would be android which I have owned the most.

Oh and I do not plan on the nexus 6 having a better camera. No nexus or moto I have owned has had a better camera than my 6+, not even close.

Posted via my Nexus 5

Last edited:

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I think the Nexus 6 is going to be the Android phone to beat. Great specs. Good looks. Metal construction. Pure Android Lollipop. Huge battery.

We'll see how it actually measures up once it's released. But if I was in the market for a phablet, the Nexus 6 would most likely top a short list of contenders.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I think the Nexus 6 is going to be the Android phone to beat. Great specs. Good looks. Metal construction. Pure Android Lollipop. Huge Battery

Wrong. It's just too big. There's a reason why Samsung sells a hell of a lot more Galaxy s5's than note 3's.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Use both and see which one you love more. You can't ask us what you want in the phone and what your preferences are. You can ask us how the 6+ performs in certain areas and why we love iOS/6+. A "better camera" is not always better. A 13+ mp camera can still look like crap. My advice is don't shop purely on specs but on experience. Good luck with your search.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Here are my thoughts.

I currently have an iPhone 6 Plus and a Moto X (2014).

I am very, very interested in the Nexus 6, but I always keep going back to my 6 Plus. The main reason, at least for now, is that 6 Plus makes better use of the larger screen size than Android does. I've used an LG G3, as well. iOS seems to scale better on different sized displays, which is a very nice feature. I can simply see more information on apps that are optimized.

Now, if the Nexus 6 does the same, it would be a killer feature. However, Android apps historically do not scale well. It's why I dumped my Nexus 7 and went with an iPad; having an optimized app ecosystem makes all the difference in the world.

There's a lot to like about the Moto X. Active Display is a great feature, and there are some really compelling features on the phone. The camera, is so-so at best. That will always be Android's weak spot, IMHO. Their camera software, in general, is too aggressive with noise-reduction and processing. I have yet to see a photo experience that rivals that of iOS. I don't think the Nexus 6 will end that either.

It all comes down to personal preference. There's high and low points about each ecosystem. Personally, I always come back to iOS. I like being able to manage and organize everything through iTunes, personally. That's a big plus to me. Apple is closing the gap with web services through iCloud, as well.

We'll see what happens when the Apple Watch comes out, too. Google has a head start with Android Wear, and the gen 2 devices will push out around the same time as the Apple Watch launches.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I guess both are great smartphones. Nexus 6 has 6" screen and better camera. Android lollipop is another selling point. iPhone 6+ on the other hand pairs with MBP now, and I am really used to the ios system.
Any suggestion?
By the way, it is really a big coincident that the new iPad mini picture leaks at the same day that Google launches Nexus 6!
Ugh. Come on.

Zod2x

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I agree Nexus 6 is their best phone. I would have waited but integration with my Macbook Air and the fact that Motorola is building the Nexus 6 made me choose the 6+. I would have waited if HTC had built the Nexus 6. I owned a Nexus 5 and the camera and battery life were horrible, other than that I loved it. I actually prefer pure android over iOS

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 6 Plus is Apple's best phone and the Nexus 6 is Android's best phone (at least until the next best Android phone appears shortly after). You can't go wrong with both.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR