Did any of you have any luck getting your 6 Plus by just showing up at an Apple Store? I'm thinking of showing up at 2 Apple stores that are close to me and try my luck right when they open but I wanted to make sure it was worth my time!

10-17-2014 07:49 AM
    I picked up a 6 last night and the guy behind me picked up a plus- they get deliveries all the time- I have been stalking the apple website to see product availability at each store- Are you buying full price or taking advantage of a carrier subsidy?
    10-17-2014 08:09 AM
    I picked up a 6 last night and the guy behind me picked up a plus- they get deliveries all the time- I have been stalking the apple website to see product availability at each store- Are you buying full price or taking advantage of a carrier subsidy?
    I'm buying full price. I've been checking in the Apple site but it's been unavailable for pickup and I don't buy that an Apple store hasn't had a 6 plus of any size/color for the last week lol
    10-17-2014 08:19 AM
    It really depends on when you are looking. I checked throughout the day and at around 7:30 last night they got s shipment and updated.
    10-17-2014 08:22 AM
    I'm buying full price. I've been checking in the Apple site but it's been unavailable for pickup and I don't buy that an Apple store hasn't had a 6 plus of any size/color for the last week lol
    A buddy of mine who works at an Apple retail store said most of the time the website isn't accurate, its best to call in. For instance, my coworker is looking for a 64gb plus, so I checked online for her and it said no stock, so I texted my buddy and he said they had at least one. And on the flip side, yesterday, the website showed they were in stock but when she called, they didn't have any at all even though their site said they did. This whole iPhone 6 game is annoying.

Edit: Was just browsing the seaturtle and istocknow site, looks like a lot of apple stores got pluses in stock, at least all 3 stores around me have a good variety of colors/sizes to pick from as of this morning...
    10-17-2014 09:15 AM
    When you go to an Apple Store they have a certain stock of equipment. They have a different stock of equipment for online orders. It's very common for one to say no stock, but the other to have stock. This happened to me when I bought my plus. I saw they had it on the website. I got to the store and they said they didn't. I went back to the site and it still showed in stock. I asked the guy and he told me how it worked. I ordered it online. And 20 minutes later I left with my phone.
    LVMHgirl and nikkisharif like this.
    10-17-2014 09:23 AM
    I just showed up at the Apple store. The employee said they have none in Stock and to check the website around 9 because that's when they update their inventory
    10-17-2014 12:13 PM
    I just showed up at the Apple store. The employee said they have none in Stock and to check the website around 9 because that's when they update their inventory
    9 in the morning? Or pm?
    10-17-2014 12:22 PM
    9 in the morning? Or pm?
    9pm. I'm guessing that's when they do their inventory cause he emphasized to check from 9 to 930PM
    10-17-2014 12:39 PM
    9pm. I'm guessing that's when they do their inventory cause he emphasized to check from 9 to 930PM
    Oh okay, and do you need to pay online and then pick up in store? Because if is a reservation then it's 00:00.
    10-17-2014 01:04 PM
    You input all your payment info when reserving online and you actually pay at the Apple store when you go pickup the device you reserved
    10-17-2014 01:39 PM
    Did anyone buy their phone through Best Buy? Just curious cause when I check online it says availability date 'coming soon'
    10-17-2014 02:17 PM
    You input all your payment info when reserving online and you actually pay at the Apple store when you go pickup the device you reserved
    When you reserve online, you actually do pay up online. They will ask for payment information and the transaction will go through. Basically you will be doing an in-store pick-up for your device, with a provided email confirmation bar code.
    10-17-2014 02:33 PM
    When you reserve online, you actually do pay up online. They will ask for payment information and the transaction will go through. Basically you will be doing an in-store pick-up for your device, with a provided email confirmation bar code.
    Oh my bad. My fault lol
    10-17-2014 03:55 PM
    When you go to an Apple Store they have a certain stock of equipment. They have a different stock of equipment for online orders. It's very common for one to say no stock, but the other to have stock. This happened to me when I bought my plus. I saw they had it on the website. I got to the store and they said they didn't. I went back to the site and it still showed in stock. I asked the guy and he told me how it worked. I ordered it online. And 20 minutes later I left with my phone.
    ^This.

They do have two different sets of inventory. We picked up one of our 6+ 128's via personal pickup (found two at stores about 5 days apart after stalking the apple site, lol) because we didn't want to wait 3-4 weeks for delivery from Apple.com and a buddy didn't want to buy his 6 64gb online and wanted to buy his outright and he went into the store right before us. Site said that no phones were available at that time but he was able to get one when he walked in.

Apple rep told me that one of the reasons they have the separate inventories because at this time you can't do a personal pickup on the Next plan and and they didn't want Next customers who didn't buy online or existing customers without upgrades to miss out on possibly picking up a phone.

So to answer the OP's question, YES they are absolutely available in stores. Apple does get shipments occasionally so you just have to be diligent and check availability online or take your chances and walk into a store like our buddy did.
    Last edited by LVMHgirl; 10-19-2014 at 08:54 PM.
    10-17-2014 04:05 PM
    Did anyone buy their phone through Best Buy? Just curious cause when I check online it says availability date 'coming soon'
    I did. A plus. Don't ever believe there website as it's totally inaccurate. They get shipments often but not everyday
    10-17-2014 04:09 PM
    I showed up and got a 6. The site said they weren't available but I walked in and the guys in front of me each bought 2 Pluses each and I got the 6 in the capacity and color I wanted. Took all of 5 minutes.
    10-17-2014 04:17 PM
    I showed up and got a 6. The site said they weren't available but I walked in and the guys in front of me each bought 2 Pluses each and I got the 6 in the capacity and color I wanted. Took all of 5 minutes.
    Congrats! I got mine yesterday. Was a bit of a process but it was worth it
    taz323 and nikkisharif like this.
    10-17-2014 04:20 PM
    I walked in last Friday just to compare it to the 6 that I bought two weeks before. The Apple rep asked what I wanted. I told her 64 gig 6plus in space grey. She looked and they got one in a minute before I walked in. She went locked it in for me, walked to the back and grabbed it and rang me up. I was in and out in 5 minutes. I couldn't believe how lucky I got.

Now I need to sell my space grey 6.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-17-2014 05:47 PM
    I walked in last Friday just to compare it to the 6 that I bought two weeks before. The Apple rep asked what I wanted. I told her 64 gig 6plus in space grey. She looked and they got one in a minute before I walked in. She went locked it in for me, walked to the back and grabbed it and rang me up. I was in and out in 5 minutes. I couldn't believe how lucky I got.

Now I need to sell my space grey 6.
    Lol. Impulse buy? Can't you just return your 6? Or is it outside the 14 day window?
    10-17-2014 06:01 PM
    I would have bought the 6+ first but I wasn't sure if it would be to big. I manage warehouses and my job requires that I am away from my desk a lot. I found the 6 to be a small jump in size so I went back in to compare the two. When she told me that she had one I stock I thought it was a sign so I bought it.

I am outside the 14 day window to return the 6.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-17-2014 08:21 PM
    So I reserved an iPhone 6 Plus last night finally at an Apple Store 45 min away from me. And this morning I checked and every Apple Store in Miami have the iPhone 6 Plus in Stock -___-
    10-18-2014 09:12 AM
    So I reserved an iPhone 6 Plus last night finally at an Apple Store 45 min away from me. And this morning I checked and every Apple Store in Miami have the iPhone 6 Plus in Stock -___-
    Yeah but I'm sure they will be gone shortly after the store opens. This way you know you will have it.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-18-2014 09:23 AM
    When do you guys think stocks will be normalized? I am going to Orlando in Nov 30 and my mom wants a 6 Plus, and idk if I should order online.
    10-18-2014 01:33 PM
    When do you guys think stocks will be normalized? I am going to Orlando in Nov 30 and my mom wants a 6 Plus, and idk if I should order online.
    I'm already using mine . Just keep checking the Apple site. Like I mentioned earlier, all the Apple stores in Miami have the 6 Plus in stock today so a shipment must have came in
    10-18-2014 03:30 PM
52 123