Any luck showing up at an Apple store?

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
Did any of you have any luck getting your 6 Plus by just showing up at an Apple Store? I'm thinking of showing up at 2 Apple stores that are close to me and try my luck right when they open but I wanted to make sure it was worth my time!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a 6 last night and the guy behind me picked up a plus- they get deliveries all the time- I have been stalking the apple website to see product availability at each store- Are you buying full price or taking advantage of a carrier subsidy?

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
I picked up a 6 last night and the guy behind me picked up a plus- they get deliveries all the time- I have been stalking the apple website to see product availability at each store- Are you buying full price or taking advantage of a carrier subsidy?

I'm buying full price. I've been checking in the Apple site but it's been unavailable for pickup and I don't buy that an Apple store hasn't had a 6 plus of any size/color for the last week lol

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on when you are looking. I checked throughout the day and at around 7:30 last night they got s shipment and updated.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm buying full price. I've been checking in the Apple site but it's been unavailable for pickup and I don't buy that an Apple store hasn't had a 6 plus of any size/color for the last week lol

A buddy of mine who works at an Apple retail store said most of the time the website isn't accurate, its best to call in. For instance, my coworker is looking for a 64gb plus, so I checked online for her and it said no stock, so I texted my buddy and he said they had at least one. And on the flip side, yesterday, the website showed they were in stock but when she called, they didn't have any at all even though their site said they did. This whole iPhone 6 game is annoying.

Edit: Was just browsing the seaturtle and istocknow site, looks like a lot of apple stores got pluses in stock, at least all 3 stores around me have a good variety of colors/sizes to pick from as of this morning...

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
When you go to an Apple Store they have a certain stock of equipment. They have a different stock of equipment for online orders. It's very common for one to say no stock, but the other to have stock. This happened to me when I bought my plus. I saw they had it on the website. I got to the store and they said they didn't. I went back to the site and it still showed in stock. I asked the guy and he told me how it worked. I ordered it online. And 20 minutes later I left with my phone.

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
I just showed up at the Apple store. The employee said they have none in Stock and to check the website around 9 because that's when they update their inventory

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
You input all your payment info when reserving online and you actually pay at the Apple store when you go pickup the device you reserved

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
Did anyone buy their phone through Best Buy? Just curious cause when I check online it says availability date 'coming soon'

inoutside

May 4, 2013
Visit site
You input all your payment info when reserving online and you actually pay at the Apple store when you go pickup the device you reserved

When you reserve online, you actually do pay up online. They will ask for payment information and the transaction will go through. Basically you will be doing an in-store pick-up for your device, with a provided email confirmation bar code.

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
When you reserve online, you actually do pay up online. They will ask for payment information and the transaction will go through. Basically you will be doing an in-store pick-up for your device, with a provided email confirmation bar code.

Oh my bad. My fault lol

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
When you go to an Apple Store they have a certain stock of equipment. They have a different stock of equipment for online orders. It's very common for one to say no stock, but the other to have stock. This happened to me when I bought my plus. I saw they had it on the website. I got to the store and they said they didn't. I went back to the site and it still showed in stock. I asked the guy and he told me how it worked. I ordered it online. And 20 minutes later I left with my phone.

^This.

They do have two different sets of inventory. We picked up one of our 6+ 128's via personal pickup (found two at stores about 5 days apart after stalking the apple site, lol) because we didn't want to wait 3-4 weeks for delivery from Apple.com and a buddy didn't want to buy his 6 64gb online and wanted to buy his outright and he went into the store right before us. Site said that no phones were available at that time but he was able to get one when he walked in.

Apple rep told me that one of the reasons they have the separate inventories because at this time you can't do a personal pickup on the Next plan and and they didn't want Next customers who didn't buy online or existing customers without upgrades to miss out on possibly picking up a phone.

So to answer the OP's question, YES they are absolutely available in stores. Apple does get shipments occasionally so you just have to be diligent and check availability online or take your chances and walk into a store like our buddy did.

Last edited:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I showed up and got a 6. The site said they weren't available but I walked in and the guys in front of me each bought 2 Pluses each and I got the 6 in the capacity and color I wanted. Took all of 5 minutes.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I showed up and got a 6. The site said they weren't available but I walked in and the guys in front of me each bought 2 Pluses each and I got the 6 in the capacity and color I wanted. Took all of 5 minutes.

Congrats! I got mine yesterday. Was a bit of a process but it was worth it

iamdjpaul

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I walked in last Friday just to compare it to the 6 that I bought two weeks before. The Apple rep asked what I wanted. I told her 64 gig 6plus in space grey. She looked and they got one in a minute before I walked in. She went locked it in for me, walked to the back and grabbed it and rang me up. I was in and out in 5 minutes. I couldn't believe how lucky I got.

Now I need to sell my space grey 6.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I walked in last Friday just to compare it to the 6 that I bought two weeks before. The Apple rep asked what I wanted. I told her 64 gig 6plus in space grey. She looked and they got one in a minute before I walked in. She went locked it in for me, walked to the back and grabbed it and rang me up. I was in and out in 5 minutes. I couldn't believe how lucky I got.

Now I need to sell my space grey 6.

Lol. Impulse buy? Can't you just return your 6? Or is it outside the 14 day window?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh