Ok so I just switched from a windows phone to a iPhone and in doing that I switched carriers (not sure if that matters) but can you not talk on the phone while surfing the web on the 6plus?
    10-15-2014 10:26 PM
    Ok so I just switched from a windows phone to a iPhone and in doing that I switched carriers (not sure if that matters) but can you not talk on the phone while surfing the web on the 6plus?
    The phone part is the feature that I rarely use, so I cannot confirm it. But I remember Verizon Wireless bragged about being able to surf the net while talking on the phone. I don't know which carrier you have though.
    10-15-2014 10:30 PM
    The phone part is the feature that I rarely use, so I cannot confirm it. But I remember Verizon Wireless bragged about being able to surf the net while talking on the phone. I don't know which carrier you have though.
    they bragged about it bc they couldn't be able to do it when they first had the iphone.

I have att and i can talk and suf the web at the same time. im pretty sure they all can
    10-15-2014 10:31 PM
    Do you mean use data or just use apps?
    10-15-2014 10:35 PM
    For both apps and web browsing when I'm connected to wifi it allows me to multi task but if wifi is off it doesn't
    10-15-2014 10:55 PM
    For both apps and web browsing when I'm connected to wifi it allows me to multi task but if wifi is off it doesn't
    i guess it's on the career then. what career do you have?
    10-15-2014 10:58 PM
    Just signed onto sprint, I had a feeling it would be the network. Not a super big deal I guess but thanks everyone for the help
    10-15-2014 11:01 PM
    Just signed onto sprint, I had a feeling it would be the network. Not a super big deal I guess but thanks everyone for the help
    You would need to ask a person with sprint.
    10-15-2014 11:11 PM
    I have Verizon, and it's that way with them. There's not much Verizon can do about it. If Apple doesn't include the right antenna in the iPhones, Verizon gets left out. I never use talk n surf except at home on wifi anyway.
    10-16-2014 12:01 AM
    All iPhones are capable of doing both at the same time...just not when you're using Sprint unfortunately.
    10-16-2014 12:01 AM
    You can now on Verizon. Just enable Volte.
    10-16-2014 12:04 AM
    Prior to the 6's, this was incapable on CDMA because there was only one antenna. They did that to compensate for extra battery usage in CDMA. The 6's iPhones are now capable of voice and data. But you have to turn it on. And I believe every time you switch to a new phone, you have to do this manually. I've noticed that it doesn't store in your restore when you switch phones since I've switched between 4 iPhones 6/6+'s already. Here's how to set:

Go to: Settings --> Cellular --> Enable LTE --> Voice&Data

Done!
    substring likes this.
    10-17-2014 10:55 AM
    The carrier must also have their VoLTE up and active too (voice over LTE) so when you're on a CDMA carrier but their LTE is GSM like the rest of us you can talk and surf at the same time
    10-17-2014 11:36 AM
    You can now on Verizon. Just enable Volte.
    Not available everywhere. Not here anyway.
    10-17-2014 12:43 PM
    From what I understand only gsm carriers are allowed to have this feature. So Verizon and sprint cannot. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my iPhone 6
    10-17-2014 02:39 PM
    Don't tell me that! That I need that feature. I'm on Verizon and I was really thinking about get the 6+.

Phone Junkie
    10-17-2014 09:28 PM
    Prior to the 6's, this was incapable on CDMA because there was only one antenna. They did that to compensate for extra battery usage in CDMA. The 6's iPhones are now capable of voice and data. But you have to turn it on. And I believe every time you switch to a new phone, you have to do this manually. I've noticed that it doesn't store in your restore when you switch phones since I've switched between 4 iPhones 6/6+'s already. Here's how to set:

Go to: Settings --> Cellular --> Enable LTE --> Voice&Data

Done!
    And you have Verizon and get Talk n Surf?
    10-17-2014 09:41 PM