Ever since I've upgraded to the Verizon 6+, every time I'm on the phone after 60-120 seconds, the person I'm talking to says, "you've cut out, I can't hear you." This lasts about 5 seconds. I'm on conference calls for about 2 hours everyday and it is extremely annoying. I took my phone into the Apple Store and they swapped it out with a new model and I still keep having the same issues. I've heard of someone else having the same issue with an iPhone 6. Has anyone had or heard of similar issues? It's been so bad, I've had to put my sim back into my 5s and use it for phone calls.
    10-15-2014 06:00 PM
    Nope never heard of it. Although when I first got mine my friend said I was cutting in and out and it cleared up. The other day my wife had a issue with voices sounding funny and then I have been having problems with the voice turning into nothing but static and it has happened on note 3 iPhone 6 and 6plus so I know it's a verizon problem. I think it has to do with a few bug in the now VoLTE deployment. But I can't be for certain as it happened on my note 3 and it doesn't have VoLTE.
    10-15-2014 09:26 PM
    I had the same problem with my 6... It started after about a week or two. I made an appt at the genius bar, but it had to wait a few days so I went to verizon and they swapped out my sim card... Problem solved. Haven't dropped a call since.

Good luck... I am ordering a plus tomorrow. Can't wait!!

BH
    10-16-2014 02:01 AM
    So a swapped out SIM card fixed it? Great!

Update: Switched SIM cards. It did not fix the problem. The only way to fix the problem was disable talk/text at the same time. Which is lame because it's a feature I've wanted for a long time.
    I disabled it and it's worked perfectly ever since.
    Last edited by Tytanious; 12-06-2014 at 02:39 AM.
    10-29-2014 11:54 AM
    Is your iPhone in a case? Not to sound cliche, but if you are not using a case because you just got a new iPhone 6, it is easy to cover the microphone with your pinky finger...the mic is the small hole on the bottom...if you have a case, then you might sound muffled, but not as bad due to the spacing it creates.

It is the same reason that disabling noise cancelling helps...noise cancelling is trying to compensate for your finger swiping over the mic...basicaly - "you're holding it wrong...again."
    07-29-2015 01:26 AM