Why is it hard to find an iPhone 6 Plus anywhere?

risingofthephoenix

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I've called every Verizon Wireless Store, Apple Store, Best Buy, & Walmart in my area and they said they haven't had the iPhone 6 Plus in stock since it came out, why is it so hard to find? they do however all have the iPhone6 in Stock....it wasn't this hard to find an iPhone 5S

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: why is it hard to find an iPhone 6 Plus anywhere?

It's a hot item.

You're better off just getting to an Apple Store and lining up at 9am and you'll probably get one.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Millions of Samsung Note and Galaxy converts that jumped on the Plus along with iPhone users upgrading = very short supply.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Demand has outpaced supply... they'll achieve equilibrium sometime in the not too distant future.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I think a short supply of the Plus was anticipated. They almost didn't release it until this month.

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site

Because it's the closest thing to the perfect phone that you can buy. (IMO)

raziel

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

I actually found a 128GB Verizon Plus new on eBay for $900 (minus $100 from eBay Certificates) so it came out to $800. Just make sure you buy from a reputable seller or you can just order online and wait 3-4 weeks.

itsgusmetropolo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

I actually found a 128GB Verizon Plus new on eBay for $900 (minus $100 from eBay Certificates) so it came out to $800. Just make sure you buy from a reputable seller or you can just order online and wait 3-4 weeks.

That's cheaper than retail! It would be a good deal but for that price I would think twice, what if it was a scam?

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

Because it's the closest thing to the perfect phone that you can buy. (IMO)

I strongly agree with this statement. It's by far the best handset I've ever owned. This is coming from a ex-Android, ex-Windows Mobile, and ex-Blackberry user.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I've called every Verizon Wireless Store, Apple Store, Best Buy, & Walmart in my area and they said they haven't had the iPhone 6 Plus in stock since it came out, why is it so hard to find? they do however all have the iPhone6 in Stock....it wasn't this hard to find an iPhone 5S

I realized from the jump that if I wanted to get my paws on a 6+ sooner than later then my best bet was to order directly from Apple. On 9/19 I showed up to my local Apple Store (the closest one to me is 70 minutes away) and there were over 100 people in line who had already pre-ordered the device so I had 0 chance of landing one that day so I placed a order online at Apple.com that very same day and my 128GB Silver iPhone 6 Plus showed up on my doorstep on 10/3.

Last edited:

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

Tell me about it. I've had mine on order since 9/19 and probably won't see it till mid/end of November.

I just can't believe I can't find them at any AT&T store either, I was told they won't have them until Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Well. Unfortunately, it's how it is.

When I went to the Apple store to exchange my leather case, I was able to have a long conversation with the guy. He told me that they haven't had an iPhone plus since launch day. They have plenty of the 6 but no 6+ at all. He also told me that they only got 200 iPhones plus on launch day. So go figure.....

He said everyone wants the plus. Even him couldn't get it yet till they have plenty at the store if he wanted to get it with the employee discount.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well. Unfortunately, it's how it is.

When I went to the Apple store to exchange my leather case, I was able to have a long conversation with the guy. He told me that they haven't had an iPhone plus since launch day. They have plenty of the 6 but no 6+ at all. He also told me that they only got 200 iPhones plus on launch day. So go figure.....

He said everyone wants the plus. Even him couldn't get it yet till they have plenty at the store if he wanted to get it with the employee discount.

Our store gets them in almost daily but they sell just as quick as they come in. I wonder when apple started to let employees get a discount on iPhones?

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I walked into a best buy Friday and picked up a 128GB 6 plus... Pretty easy and ppl are buying them up fast. Last week we had them in the targets and a few at some best buys then this week everything is gone

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Because they made less of them because they were focusing on what they assumed would be the bigger seller (the iPhone 6) which is not the case. Whoever manages this for apple does a poor job, because they should have known this from the start. I mean just look around and you can see people want larger phones.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Most of my Android friends would say they would be all over the iPhone if it was bigger. They got their wish.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner