Ugh is this real life?

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
PSX_20141014_131557.jpg

I called UPS and she said "the government needs to inspect goods sent internationally...this is out of our control". So basically now I have NO idea when I'll get my phone (should have been here Thursday). Working with the government most of my life has taught me that they don't do ANYTHING quickly. :(

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
... Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality.

(Sorry, I saw your title and couldn't resist!) :)

Seriously though, that sounds like an awful situation to be in. It's interesting that your government must inspect internationally sent items though? Do they actually open up and inspect everything, just make 'spot checks' or just check the manifest and providing it looks legit, let it through?

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
She literally gave me no details as to what this entails or how long it usually takes. All I know is I no longer have an estimated shipping date until they get around to checking this out. I pointed out that others have made it through with minimal or no inspection time so why now? She just kept repeating that it is out of ups control. So. Someday. Ill have my new iPhone.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I guess my big question is why my batch and not everyone elses I've seen? And a couple days? Ugh. Good thing I paid for fast shipping. (Sarcasm)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am sorry that happened to you... Just sit back and relax and your phone will be there before you know it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When I ordered another 6 Plus and it came from China, it sat in Louisville for a day. I got it earlier than expected and I'm in California.

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh wow that's great news hope it all goes as planned...at least you will have your phone this week...I'm also getting my phone this week with a delivery date of Friday fingers crossed....

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
i'm that girl who is constantly refreshing the UPS site to see if it moves...what makes me nervous is that this isn't a routine part of their processing...so i'm worried it could sit there for weeks or something

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Missouri...

I called UPS again and she said that the scan we rejected in KY so that's why it was sent back to AK...so now it should proceed as regularly scheduled.

Last edited:

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
yeah that's why i called...she said there was a computer scan that was rejected or something and assured me it was NOT being sent back. Keeping an eye on it now throughout the night to see what happens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods