Plastic vs glass screen protector

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
How is the glass with fingerprints? One thing I hate about the space grey model is the amount of prints I see.

What are fingerprints???

Really, the only time I see smudges is if I do something silly like eat fries then touch the screen. Or put on lotion and touch the screen. Even in that case, ut just wipes off with no trace.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
What are fingerprints???

Really, the only time I see smudges is if I do something silly like eat fries then touch the screen. Or put on lotion and touch the screen. Even in that case, ut just wipes off with no trace.

Agree. Glass protectors are so easy to clean. A quick wipe will usually take care of smudges (unless your kid gets ahold of it)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
NOBODY gets hold of My Beloved except ME!!!!!

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
How is the glass with fingerprints? One thing I hate about the space grey model is the amount of prints I see.

Most glass screen protectors are treated with a oleophobic coating that helps to repel oil buildup from fingers. My ZAGG Glass does a great job of this. I find myself wiping my screen once or maybe twice a day oppose to once every hour like I had to when I used plastic screen protectors.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I've been going about things all wrong. I rather use no protector but the smudges still drive me insane (OCD). The glass protector def sounds like it'll help. So I'll get one this time.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I've been going about things all wrong. I rather use no protector but the smudges still drive me insane (OCD). The glass protector def sounds like it'll help. So I'll get one this time.

The smudges on mine drive me crazy too (i6 space grey owner) and I end up wiping the screen a lot. I need a glass screen protector. I saw my friend's and it feels like the iPhone screen itself. Bad thing is she had some lint under there so it shows and I know that would bug me. I'm not awesome at installing screen protectors either so I've been putting off getting a glass once since they're pricey and I don't want to mess up the installation.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
The smudges on mine drive me crazy too (i6 space grey owner) and I end up wiping the screen a lot. I need a glass screen protector. I saw my friend's and it feels like the iPhone screen itself. Bad thing is she had some lint under there so it shows and I know that would bug me. I'm not awesome at installing screen protectors either so I've been putting off getting a glass once since they're pricey and I don't want to mess up the installation.

If you choose to purchase a ZAGG Glass from Best Buy then someone from the Geek Squad can install it for you for an additional $7 or so.

geekymcfly

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
iloome is releasing a glass protector with curved edges. I preordered, ill let you know how it is once I get it. I have a glass protector now, but it only covers the actual display, not the edges.
I have the iloome ScreenMate Curved edges. It is better than the rest of the glass protectors right now. Looks good & feels good. Here are some pics of it...Wouldn't say that it curves though...it just fits correctly and covers the whole screen.
IMG_0140.jpgIMG_0141.jpg

Issa-7

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the iloome ScreenMate Curved edges. It is better than the rest of the glass protectors right now. Looks good & feels good. Here are some pics of it...Wouldn't say that it curves though...it just fits correctly and covers the whole screen.
View attachment 68576View attachment 68577

NO WAY YOU HAVE IT, its not even out yet,its only for preorder on the iloome site, the one you have is the old version or am i wrong?when did you get that?

geekymcfly

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
oops sorry, wrong thread. lol. meant to post this is in the 6 area. Anyways unless iloome drastically decides to change the curve pattern for the plus then it will end up looking exactly like this. Nothing about the glass is curved though, so be aware. can someone move this or delete the post