Plastic vs glass screen protector

martinlmnt

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I was actually just thinking about this and you've all helped me make my mind up.... plastic it is :rotfl:. No but seriously. I'll take a look at the Zagg Glass now.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Zagg glass. Had one on my 5s and absolutely loved it. The one on my 6 is case friendly, but it's still lifting around the edges. Kinda disappointed with it.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I also have a Zagg glass screen on my iPhone 6. They're the best. Just like no screen protector on. Feels like ur on the iPhone screen it's self. Super smooth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the Glass protectors range from about .15 to .3 mm in thickness. I'm sure the thin ones are sexy, but thicker has to be better, presuming all the different manufacturers' products are of the same quality/strength/impact resistant, etc. no?

I saw a YouTube video comparing three or four of the top brands and the 3 mm one was the only one that didn't get a focal shatter spot when the guy hit the glass with a car key, with not so much force.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I never used a glass screen protector before. I used 'best skins ever' front/back skins on all my iPhone's and iPads. I've never had a problem. I may try a glass protector for my plus once it comes in but I have both gloss and matte best skins ever waiting to go on already.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
How is the glass with fingerprints? One thing I hate about the space grey model is the amount of prints I see.

The Zagg glass protectors have a "smudge proof nano coating" which are great on cutting down fingerprints while also being smooth to the touch.

keebsuk

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I am using the Cygnett Opticshield 9H glass on my iPhone 6 plus and I love it. It was so easy to apply and has an oleo-phobic finish so fingerprints are almost a thing of the past!

I can thoroughly recommend the Cygnett product! :D

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I am using the Cygnett Opticshield 9H glass on my iPhone 6 plus and I love it. It was so easy to apply and has an oleo-phobic finish so fingerprints are almost a thing of the past!

I can thoroughly recommend the Cygnett product! :D

I'm looking on Amazon but can't find that product. Only cases. I find a "us.cygnett.com" site, but being in Hawaii the shipping would probably kill me. Is that company located outside United States?

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
ugh. i have the zagg... not the cheap but not the expensive either.

you all are making me to buy the glass one!!!! ugh