Plastic vs glass screen protector

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
Can anyone opine about the pros and cons of plastic vs. glass screen protectors? And the HD vs. anti oil vs. Anti fingerprint vs. anti water, etc. etc. And any suggestions for brands available on Amazon?
Thanks!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I just tried Zagg glass HDX for the first time and I will never use plastic again. Perfectly clear and clean.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Ditto. I love the glass.The only thing that is a worry are the edges as they don't stick to the phone due to the curves but I haven't had any issue with it yet.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I opted not to use one with my 6+ but Zagg Glass is a great choice. It feels like you have nothing on your device & it doesn't take away from the beauty of the screen.

Edit: BTW...there's a lifetime warranty

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Another vote for Zagg GLASS. I find that the plastic screen protectors give a sorta sticky (tacky) feel and some distortion to the original screen. The Glass protectors do not, they are just as smooth as the regular phones screen (the more expensive ones anyway) with no noticeable distortion. I would suggest using GLASS, it looks and feels like nothings there.

Last edited:

icnmayhem

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
iloome is releasing a glass protector with curved edges. I preordered, ill let you know how it is once I get it. I have a glass protector now, but it only covers the actual display, not the edges.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
iloome is releasing a glass protector with curved edges. I preordered, ill let you know how it is once I get it. I have a glass protector now, but it only covers the actual display, not the edges.

Curious to see how these curve edges are going to work with cases.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Never tried a glass protector but I'm using a Bodyguardz Privacy on a 5S that is great and just ordered a Spiegen Steinheil Protector for a 6 Plus because it covers edge to edge and 2 for $19.99.

jd914

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My vote also goes for glass. If you're going to get a screen protector there is nothing better than glass. It takes away absolutely nothing as far as feel and look...

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If I stilled used a screen protector it would be glass for sure. I used them on all my devices since they were released, but as of late I roll screen protector free without issue.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Zagg GLASS, it's well worth the cost. I stated in another thread that I liked the verizon standard glass screen protector but this one is much more superior