I have seen quite a few posts where people are getting great usage time on their 6+ units. (Yes I know mileage will vary based on the user)

I was wondering if there is anything special anyone is doing to obtain this kind of usage time? Im pretty new to these forums, and new to iPhone but on my 6+ I am getting MAYBE 6 hours of usage.

I have background app refresh turned off completely.
    I have automatic updates turned off.
    I only have very few apps with location services turned on.
    automatic brightness turned on.

Is there something major I am missing?

I appreciate all the advice.

I unfortunately didn't take a screenshot before I stuck my phone on the charger.
    10-13-2014 08:35 PM
    If you haven't seen it yet, iOS 8 has a welcome new feature that shows Battery Usage. Settings/General/Usage/Battery Usage will show which apps are consuming battery.

What I've experienced with any new phone is more screen time due to setting up and adjusting apps or settings. Screen time can have an influence on battery life. Cell signal quality is another. If your phone is not getting good reception, then more power can be used by the phone radios than would otherwise with a better signal.

During the day, I leave WiFi and Bluetooth off as don't need them at work. I have a few apps set to use Location Services (weather apps, Photos, Safari), but beyond that the other apps I have don't need to search for GPS signal when I'm indoors. Beyond that, I don't turn any other features off.

The above is for my 5S. I plan to do the same thing once the 6 Plus arrives.
    10-13-2014 09:50 PM
    Restore your device and set up as new
    HAWK likes this.
    10-13-2014 09:53 PM
    Restore your device and set up as new
    That is exactly what I had to do. It fixed mine. When I restored from my 5s it caused all kinds of problems. Once I restored it to default and just reinstalled all my apps 1 by 1, it completely corrected my battery issues as well as others.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    10-15-2014 11:54 AM
    Thanks for all the advice. I am gonna try a full restore.
    10-15-2014 06:49 PM
    That's what I would do also. When I got mine I set up as new device. Only getting 6 hours out of your 6 plus is way off. I easily get 10 to 12 hours of use each day and can go most weeks charging every other day.
    10-15-2014 08:41 PM
    When I first got it I set it up as a new device. Just because I have heard horror stories of people having glitches and I personally thought I would run into problems because coming from a device with a smaller screen, I just assumed things could go wrong.

on my new device I just set up as new because iCloud would back up my contacts and everything else that is important.

Hopefully this new set up will fix things.
    10-15-2014 08:47 PM
    The only thing that I turn off is blue tooth as I have no use of it. I have auto update and everything on. In the morning at about 6:30 am, I charge my phone to 100%. By 6:00 pm at night, I typically have around 50% of battery left. My typical usage during the day are checking Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, listening to my music in iTunes, and occasionally stream radio or something YouTube. But I rarely stream movie during the day as I just don't have that much free time. With all these daily usage, my phone can last a full day with a single charge. If you cannot get that, perhaps you need to stop by an Apple Store and have them check it out.
    10-15-2014 10:25 PM
    That is exactly what I had to do. It fixed mine. When I restored from my 5s it caused all kinds of problems. Once I restored it to default and just reinstalled all my apps 1 by 1, it completely corrected my battery issues as well as others.
    I'm thinking of restoring mine and setting up as new. I was getting bad battery life for 2 days now it's fine all of a sudden lol.
    10-16-2014 01:24 AM
    Thanks for all the advice. I am gonna try a full restore.
    Yeah something is MAJOR wrong if you're only seeing 6.

I can go 2 days in medium usage. 3 days on light usage.

One full entire day with heavy gaming. Been playing maybe 4 hours straight of games today alone and I'm at 32% at 10pm

I also don't have anything turned off. I use all the basic options.
    10-16-2014 10:00 PM
    I have an appointment with Apple tomorrow. I called them, and they sent me a link to do a diagnostic. Lets just say they set me an appointment to get my phone replaced. She told me my battery wasn't 100% as it should be. So hopefully all goes well tomorrow at the apple store. I have my case number. Hoping for the best.
    10-16-2014 10:17 PM