Anyone have experience with the Symmetry?

I have used Defenders on all of my iPhones and am gearing up to get one for the 6 Plus (I was told they will be available quite soon).

I wanted to know if the Symmetry offers enough protection for the device. Has anyone used one on other devices before? I am afraid the Defender will be too bulky on the big 6 Plus, but I generally prefer Otterbox cases so I have been thinking about switching over to Symmetry (assuming it offers enough protection).

Thanks.
    10-13-2014 06:34 AM
    Used the Symmetry with my 5s, and liked it. Its more open and less protection on the screen.
    10-13-2014 06:43 AM
    Have you ever looked at rokform? I switched from otterboxes after i had a 4s in one for 6 months, I wanted something less bulky, I also wanted mountable, they have a really cool mounting system, two actually. One with magnets, and another more sturdy mount for biking, tripod adapter etc. Only thing that sucks is they wont have 6 plus cases until december, I would check them out, I have been real happy with mine on my 5s
    10-13-2014 12:09 PM
    I have a connection at Otterbox so I am going that route.

Taz, does the Symmetry only have a bumper? So it is only one layer of protection unlike the Defender?

Thanks.
    10-15-2014 12:46 AM
    I have a connection at Otterbox so I am going that route.

Taz, does the Symmetry only have a bumper? So it is only one layer of protection unlike the Defender?

Thanks.
    Yes its a bumper, but solid, I liked it because it was less bulky.
    10-15-2014 07:15 AM
    Neither. Get a Griffin All Terrian case for the 6 Plus. It has better protection than the Otterbox defender and it's cheaper. Oh did I mention it's ready to ship already unlike the otterbox? It is more bulky but I think it's worth it if you want PROTECTION. I've been using one on my 6 plus for a week now and am very pleased.

Protective iPhone 6 Plus Case | Survivor All-Terrain | Griffin Technology
    10-15-2014 12:02 PM
    Symmetry felt cheap to me. I guess it would though compared to the Defender.
    10-16-2014 10:51 AM
    Have you ever looked at rokform? I switched from otterboxes after i had a 4s in one for 6 months, I wanted something less bulky, I also wanted mountable, they have a really cool mounting system, two actually. One with magnets, and another more sturdy mount for biking, tripod adapter etc. Only thing that sucks is they wont have 6 plus cases until december, I would check them out, I have been real happy with mine on my 5s
    The newer Otterbox cases are not as bulky as they used to be. Especially those made for the 4/4s a couple years ago. Those were really bulky.
    10-16-2014 11:48 AM
    Yes its a bumper, but solid, I liked it because it was less bulky.
    The Symmetry has no back side? I thought it did. Or is my definition of a bumper different from yours?
    10-16-2014 11:51 AM
    Symmetry does have a back, and as for the defender they are getting way less bulky on the new models. I really liked the one made for the 6
    10-16-2014 11:53 AM
    The Symmetry has no back side? I thought it did. Or is my definition of a bumper different from yours?
    This is what i used on my 5s

Otterbox Symmetry vs. Otterbox Defender-apl28-iphone-5s-j1.jpg
    HAWK likes this.
    10-16-2014 11:56 AM
    The Defender I had on my iPhone 5 was enormous.

I am asking all these questions because I have to make a call on one of the Otterboxes without being able to see them first on the Plus.

Hawk, you wouldn't happen to have any pics of your 6 Defender on the phone would you? Would be great to see.

Thanks!
    10-16-2014 04:01 PM