Obviously the phone is much bigger now so how are you finding holding your phone and typing?

Have you noticed that big a change or is it much the same?

I'll admit I'm just getting comfortable holding it in one hand but still have to type with two and even then my typing feels a little weird? Maybe I'm just not used to it yet...

Position wise I don't think I'm holding it any different - pinky supporting the bottom with my other three fingers supporting the back and of course my thumb floating around waiting on something to tap!

Have you had to adapt a new position when holding the phone or is your experience much the same? (Or have you not noticed?)
    10-12-2014 01:54 PM
    Hold mine just like you have stated. It's a stretch at times for my thumb, but I'm adjusting.
    10-12-2014 02:02 PM
    One handed and I can type one handed with no problem. But most of the time I prefer to hold with both hands, even smaller phones. Reachability is handy sometimes but sadly it doesn't bring down notifications, so I find it hard to click and open the app.
    10-12-2014 02:39 PM
    Oh yeah - big change for my smaller hands. But I don't type one-handed anyway even on my smaller devices but yes, even two-handed typing is still a bit awkward and "stretchy", lol. I only hold it with one hand for reading but then also have to adjust for page-changing or notifications as mentioned earlier by itsgusmetropolo. I also still forget about reachability for those top corner buttons like "reply" or "cancel". Need to utilize that feature. But even just holding/carrying it gets a little tiring so using a lanyard works best for me and keeps it safe from drops.

Still wouldn't trade this phone for a smaller one. I love my 6+!
    10-12-2014 03:02 PM
    I keep forgetting we have the reachability option there. Must start using it more!
    10-12-2014 04:37 PM
    I keep forgetting we have the reachability option there. Must start using it more!
    I'm getting used to using reachability. It works great.
    10-12-2014 07:57 PM
    I have hands like a 9 year old, I hope this isn't going to be an issue. The screen is so attractive I can't help but want it. I did use an Note before so I think it will be ok.
    10-12-2014 08:37 PM
    It's not impossible or uncomfortable to hold it just took a few days of getting used to it.

Still wouldn't change it for the world. I held my old iPhone 5 the other day and I was like "aw hell no give me back my plus!"
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-13-2014 02:11 AM
    Oh man where do I start, it's a WHOLE new experience for me. I use 2 hands all the time. I used swype for a week and it started to irritate me with the wrong word predictions hence I choose the traditional apple predicted keyboard. I hold my phone with 2 hands all the time, I guess it's a good thing for balance lol. Can it be annoying at times? Not really. It's grown on me.
    10-13-2014 02:38 AM
    Swiftkey is also pissing me off so I went back to the apple keyboard. At this point the only keyboard I would like is the BlackBerry virtual one.

If I am focused then I will use one hand to type but the far left buttons are a challenge and I have to over extend. Other than that, navigating is getting really simple and I love reachability.
    10-13-2014 02:49 AM
    I'm glad it's not just me then. I'm still loving it though. It's a beautiful big screen and I guess with anything it'll take a little bit of getting used to!
    10-13-2014 04:15 AM
    I'm also using the phone mostly with both hands, it's just convenient, but while reading I just use one hand and hold it in a other degree and it rests on 4 fingers and I scroll with mit right thumb.

Texting just with both hands on device and just the 2 thumbs. But there's a Blink keyboard which I use sometimes which allows to split and also move the keyboard to the left or right side of the screen (see screenshots.

I would recommend using using Reachability, even while using 2 handy it's really convenient and cool.
    When I first saw and used that I thought it's nothing special, but when you use it and get used to it it's really awesome and so convenient.

I mentioned I can also pull down the Notification Center when the screen is pulled down by Reachability, which is really cool, maybe some people don't know that

I never use it in landscape mode, because it's just not convenient for me, the sound comes just from one side and sometimes there's the iOS8 optimized keyboard with special functions and sometimes the old unoptimized keyboard, so it's annoying to type completely differently

Holding your phone-imageuploadedbytapatalk1413207953.461037.jpg
    Unoptimized Blink Keyboard
    Holding your phone-imageuploadedbytapatalk1413207989.382908.jpg
    Optimized Blink Keyboard
    Holding your phone-imageuploadedbytapatalk1413208115.734724.jpg
    Swipe down while using Reachability
    10-13-2014 09:48 AM
    It took me a few days to get use to the size but I hold my 6+ just like the OP described. I'm getting better at one hand typing each day that goes by.
    10-13-2014 11:36 AM
    Swiftkey is also pissing me off
    Hmm- not having Swiftkey after having it for a week is pissing me off! To me, it feels exactly like cursive writing. I can't wait to try it on a big keyboard, instead of the 4S.
    10-13-2014 01:20 PM
    I've played with the Galaxy Note series before. I know it'll be big, but I will adjust to it. Always wanted a colossal screen.
    10-13-2014 02:01 PM
    Generally, I don't have any problem navigating the screen with just one hand, even when reaching to the top of the screen (I have not tried Reachability yet). I can do that because I place my 4 fingers in the middle (not the bottom) of the back of the phone, then do my navigation with my thumb. The Apple leather case helps me tremendously on securing the phone in my hand. Unlike most cases where the back are made of slippery plastic, the Apple leather case provides enough friction. When I type, I use both hands to hug the phone and type with my two thumbs. It works perfectly. I don't do landscape simply because the Apple landscape keyboard does not split like it is on the iPad. In a nutshell, I have no complaint whatsoever. The 6+ is perfect for me.
    10-13-2014 02:18 PM
    I ca still type one handed but it's because I've got the iPhone 6. Still the same as on the 5s or my old SG3.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    10-14-2014 02:45 PM
    It's not a one handed device for sure, but that being said it is perfect for forum browsing, web browsing and reading.

I hold it the same I held all my iPhones, I just use reachability to get to the top of the phone and use it 2 handed
    martinlmnt likes this.
    10-14-2014 03:15 PM
    I use it with one hand about 90% of the time. The device is perfectly sized as far as I'm concerned.

10-14-2014 08:14 PM
    Yup since I got my new case on Monday - which now covers the bottom unlike the leather one I can hold it (and use it) with one hand without fear of dropping it. I'm not sure if it's because I have that bottom part covered now or what but it feels a lot more comfortable... and the case really doesn't add much if any thickness to the device which is ideal (I'm not one for dropping it anyway)

Holding your phone-screen-shot-2014-10-15-13.31.39.png
    10-15-2014 08:32 AM
    I usually use two hands, one handed is a bit of a stretch for me but I'm able to do it. I went from a 5 to a 6 Plus, took a bit of getting used to but I can say that I'm glad I went for the Plus.
    10-15-2014 10:16 AM