The iPhone 6 Plus is a JOKE. And here I tell you why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nCln9_mgZJo

Here's a good video that shows the overall speed of the iPhone 6 (not plus) put up against the Galaxy S5 and HTC one m8. It blows the other phones away and finishes an entire minute ahead of the Galaxy S5. All this with only 1GB of RAM. Point being, Apple utilizes 1GB of RAM very well. Samsung, etc can advertise their specs with processor, RAM, and camera megapixels and how they crush Apple's, but the fact of the matter is that iPhones generally still run quicker and take better photos. My issue is this : no new iPhone should run at all slower than older iPhones in simple iOS menus or native apps. Rather than working it out so that the 6+ is able to just get by with 1GB of RAM, it should have been made more future proof. Also, being $100 more than the 6, I don't think there should be trade offs in the way of screen size for the speed of the phone. Again, I've compared my iPhone 5 and 5s running iOS 7 and 8 respectively to the store's phone models (not just my own) and they both run not just quicker, but more smoothly in almost every area than the 6+. I'm positive that the 6+S will come with more RAM, but it is something that truly should have come with the 6 plus. Despite being beautiful and functional, the specs seem more made for the regular 6. The plus should obviously have been beefed up. Again, for me, it's comparing Apples to Apples and nothing else. The arguments of matching it up against another brand's phones are pointless. The iPhones to me blow away most of the other phones in so many ways

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
This is the first time I've heard of this issue with the Plus. Is it really that bad? I've had the 5 for near two years and only noticed lag when I saw what my wife's 6 could do.

Some see lag while others will insist it's the smoothest thing ever. Just like some couldn't see the difference between retina and non retina screens. It's subjective.

I think the casual user will be happy with the Plus and not see any of these issues. Or even care.

It took the iPad 4 coming out before the performance issues of the prior iPad really gained any traction. Then you'll have the usual reviewers proclaiming "wow I didn't realize the Plus was so slow til I got this S version"

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Here's the thing. You should get what you want and not criticize others for their choices. I think that Apple products appeal to a slightly different audience than Android does. Are Apple products cutting edge? Probably not. On the whole though, Apple's user experience is just more polished and worry-free than Android, even if you can't as easily tweak the device's finer nuances. For some people, that is worth the extra money that Apple charges for its products, for others it is not. If Apple's over-controlling nature bothers you, buy something else. It's not that big of a deal.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely he can post of his experience without being subject to ridicule. But to be such a vaunted engineer, one would have thought that he would/should have done the necessary research prior to purchase. And if he actually found the iPhone 6 Plus to be as inferior as he claims, why did he keep it? Of course, as a vaunted aerospace and electrical engineer, maybe wasting over $1000 on an inferior device may not be the same magnitude of an issue as it would be for me.

But rather than tell his story, he came in here with guns blazing calling the phone a joke. His delivery was hostile. And he was met with resistance, largely IMHO because of his method far more than his message.

I have not experienced any noticeable lag in my iPhone 6 Plus. The OP did? Fine. I am not discounting his experience, except to say that many times it’s not what you say, as much as how you say it.

In addition to what HankAZ stated, oftentimes people are quick to defend an OP's right to his or her opinion. Yet, those same people seem to forget that those who respond also have a right to an opinion. We often see responses like, "well, the OP was just stating facts". Well, the people who responded were "just stating facts", but somehow, their facts aren't welcomed. We don't care what your device of choice is. We don't care if people hate the iPhone, like the iPhone, despise Apple or like Apple. To each his or her own. Having said that, if someone seeks out a forum that primarily caters to people who enjoy using Apple products, and then make a conscious decision to create a thread in that forum (the subject matter is irrelevant), he or she should expect to get a response, and I have no doubt that a response is expected. Okay, I'm done...:)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting for my 6+ to ship to but, but that ram issue is something I experienced on my iPad AIR.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem too?

Sometimes going from safari to photos app to a photo editing app, then back to safari causes safari to refresh the page.

Nexus ONE

I have a 6+ & GS5 and the page refreshes on my Galaxy also. Not sure why but it's not a huge deal since it renders very fast plus I don't browse very often on my phones.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Obviously the OP is disenchanted with the Plus. After waiting in line and so on.
Folks deal with their decisions and rectify them as in getting a new or different device.
We can go on and on about this amount of ram vs that amount of ram. If one wants more ram get another device that has more ram it's that simple or wait until Apple puts more ram in a device. Just like the bigger screen.
Folks say to themselves "You know what I'm not feeling the Plus I'm going to go with a whatever " a Android phone if they choose.
The only one that can fix the OP's situation is the OP not Apple. Apple makes what they make with the ram that they use at this time.
Apple believes they make great devices with the ram they use so do I. If more ram is inhibiting a user from doing what they do the solution is clear. Get another phone. Because right now all you're going to get is 1gig from a iPhone.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Let me add to this entire thread of crazy talk. My note with 3GB of ram would have to be restarted to clear up a lag issues it had. I don't have that problem with the 6+. I also had the 6 and it performed just as well. I also have not seen anyone point out that 8.0.2 is not bug free and performance updates will come our way. Think about this.... We haven't used a iPhone 6 with iOS 7 but I did use a 4s with 6 7 and now iOS 8 and I know for a fact iOS 8 has performance issues. It's not THAT much different from 7 and there isn't any graphical enhancements to account for increased gpu load. We will probably see 2GB ram with the 6s but it's only gonna be there bc Apple will feel it's needed by then. There custom SoC's are some of the best I've ever seen. Ram chips are cheap and integration with it onto a processor that already has smaller lithography would have made since if there was a performance gain higher then the consequences of not having it. Besides we really don't know much about the chip to my understanding. And it could have more then what's stated on the ram side of things. Another aspect here is that if the storage space is fast enough then caching it there would make since.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I was so curious and i did your little experiment on my IP+.

It didn't refresh a thing on safari. All my apps were opend and I sent some text messages, went to fb, instagram, played some music. I left the message I typed on one of the forums but when i got back to safari, the page didn't refresh so i didn't lose the msg.

It's weird huh!! Even tho I think my phone lags sometimes, i know it's the software and it will get smoother with upcoming updates so im not worried about it.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I think it is time that we put this post to bed. The OP obviously put this thread together as bait. Have you noticed that the OP hasn't joined in once since the initial posting? And it looks like everyone fell for it!

😁

Czar VT

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
first of all I will say I agree with few points you made (OP), I have been using Iphone since the iPhone 2, then 3gs, then 4 & 4s... after which I decided to switch to android (HTC one) since I got fed up of the same design (almost), the same specs & the restrictions apple puts on the users (transferring music etc etc)

but now I am looking forward to dump android & get back to apple, due to many reasons, 1. no one beats apples customer service... its mind blowing (android really is lost here) 2. whatever the best & highest specs mobile (android) you choose it will still lag & not perform as smoothly as an apple... so given a choice of lags I prefer the apple lag... the Apple software wins hands down, the eco system is much better, samsung dumps dozens of models & does mass advertising with so called higher specs & see whats happening to them, finally they are slowing down & people realizing that cheap quality & hog wash mass advertisements dont make a good phone...

last but not the least think things from a business point of view... gone are the days where your products should last for years.. if this were to happen why would I be inclined to buy a iphone 8/9 with ios 10/11 ?? they are running a business here & are answerable to their stock holders... they need to make sales every quarter...

but I do wish they would start leading the market again rather than following...

edit: If any company today gives you future proof products their sales will have no future in the future... :p

Last edited:

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
first of all I will say I agree with few points you made (OP), I have been using Iphone since the iPhone 2, then 3gs, then 4 & 4s... after which I decided to switch to android (HTC one) since I got fed up of the same design (almost), the same specs & the restrictions apple puts on the users (transferring music etc etc)

but now I am looking forward to dump android & get back to apple, due to many reasons, 1. no one beats apples customer service... its mind blowing (android really is lost here) 2. whatever the best & highest specs mobile (android) you choose it will still lag & not perform as smoothly as an apple... so given a choice of lags I prefer the apple lag... the Apple software wins hands down, the eco system is much better, samsung dumps dozens of models & does mass advertising with so called higher specs & see whats happening to them, finally they are slowing down & people realizing that cheap quality & hog wash mass advertisements dont make a good phone...

last but not the least think things from a business point of view... gone are the days where your products should last for years.. if this were to happen why would I be inclined to buy a iphone 8/9 with ios 10/11 ?? they are running a business here & are answerable to their stock holders... they need to make sales every quarter...

but I do wish they would start leading the market again rather than following...

I wish the same, but id never change apple!!! mainly for the ecosystem and just bc i like apple. it has never failed me.

and the customer service is the best I've ever seen lol

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Besides the device itself and as an Aerospace and Electrical engineer I decided to do my own research and find out what the hell was wrong with my device, if it was really a RAM/hardware issue or straight up software.

You claim to be an aerospace and electrical engineer but you can't seem write complete sentences with even a modicum of proper grammar. And you provide no electrical or aerospace engineering proof on what research you've done that proves your point. The whole thing is pretty comical.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods