The iPhone 6 Plus is a JOKE. And here I tell you why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
You guys are way too defensive the minute someone says one negative thing about an iPhone. It's just a phone lol SMH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "it's just a phone" statement holds no water. If that was the case, then the original post makes even less sense because, ya know, "it's just a phone."

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand the complaint about the lag. One of the things that I never understood about Android devices was that they came with unbelievable specs, but always lagged unless it was a Nexus device which usually didn't have the specs of the other devices with manufacturer skins. But my iOS devices were always smooth or at least smoother than any Android device that I have ever used. So from that we can conclude that it isn't about the specs. Knowing that, why are we still having these discussions about the specs of the iPhone? We know it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my iPad Air using Swype and Tapatalk

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand the complaint about the lag. One of the things that I never understood about Android devices was that they came with unbelievable specs, but always lagged unless it was a Nexus device which usually didn't have the specs of the other devices with manufacturer skins. But my iOS devices were always smooth or at least smoother than any Android device that I have ever used. So from that we can conclude that it isn't about the specs. Knowing that, why are we still having these discussions about the specs of the iPhone? We know it doesn't really matter.

Having owned a Nexus, I can tell you that they are not immune from lag, stutter, and dropped frames.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I want to know where these ppl think that a ip6+ is laggy? Must have restored from a backup. It's not slow or lags at all.... My note 3 had lag, my 4s has lag with 8.0 and my previous androids all had lots of lag. It may "feel" slower HC of the bigger screen but there is 0 lag. Not to mention awesome battery life

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Be prepared to get trolled big time!! How dare you say the truth about Apple products
It wasn't a good idea to post it here either..

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Be prepared to get trolled big time!! How dare you say the truth about Apple products

That is a shame. I see it on all forums. People aren't able to express their opinions without being attacked. Not saying that I agree with the OP, but his opinion should be respected even if it is illogical and no one here agrees with him.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
That is a shame. I see it on all forums. People aren't able to express their opinions without being attacked. Not saying that I agree with the OP, but his opinion should be respected even if it is illogical and no one here agrees with him.

It is indeed a shame.. But oh well.. I guess we are all used to it at some point. Big respect to the OP for having the balls to post it here. I don't have my 6+ yet so I can't comment on what he said

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
It is indeed a shame.. But oh well.. I guess we are all used to it at some point. Big respect to the OP for having the balls to post it here. I don't have my 6+ yet so I can't comment on what he said

Well honestly I think it came on strong with the title stating that the phone is a "joke". Of course it'll get bashed. But as said in my post, I am not one of those people who came from another brand's devices suddenly to the iPhone. I've owned 5 iOS devices before this and none other than the iPad 3 have been so laggy. I've tested the ones in the store a couple days ago.....same thing. Are they lagging to the point where it is unfunctional? No, not at all. But when I compare my iPhone 5 running iOS 7 and my iPhone 5s running iOS 8 and both run much faster (I'm not just talking apps, I mean on regular iOS screens and things such as hitting the home button twice, loading messages, clicking on icons and using Safari), then something is clearly a bit wrong here. Again, I could be wrong and it could be all software problems. However, given the situation with the iPad 3 that I've had, and the constant reassurance that it's probably just software issues, followed by Apple discontinuing the product just several months later to replace it with the same iPad yet with faster processor to support the better display, I think it's possible they've done it again.....to a lesser degree. I do enjoy the phone and as I've said, it is fully functional.....but to pretend that there is no lag when I can clearly prove to anyone that there is, as I did even with the store's device, then it's just being able to live with it. I will as well, but it's hard to ignore or push it to the curb. Bendgate is ridiculous. This really isn't, it's just reality.....not a "it could happen under extreme conditions" kind of thing

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Well honestly I think it came on strong with the title stating that the phone is a "joke". Of course it'll get bashed. But as said in my post, I am not one of those people who came from another brand's devices suddenly to the iPhone. I've owned 5 iOS devices before this and none other than the iPad 3 have been so laggy. I've tested the ones in the store a couple days ago.....same thing. Are they lagging to the point where it is unfunctional? No, not at all. But when I compare my iPhone 5 running iOS 7 and my iPhone 5s running iOS 8 and both run much faster (I'm not just talking apps, I mean on regular iOS screens and things such as hitting the home button twice, loading messages, clicking on icons and using Safari), then something is clearly a bit wrong here. Again, I could be wrong and it could be all software problems. However, given the situation with the iPad 3 that I've had, and the constant reassurance that it's probably just software issues, followed by Apple discontinuing the product just several months later to replace it with the same iPad yet with faster processor to support the better display, I think it's possible they've done it again.....to a lesser degree. I do enjoy the phone and as I've said, it is fully functional.....but to pretend that there is no lag when I can clearly prove to anyone that there is, as I did even with the store's device, then it's just being able to live with it. I will as well, but it's hard to ignore

And I can see your point to a certain extent. I certainly don't have a 6 plus, at least not yet. Still waiting for mine to be shipped. But I have played around with one in the store a few times and I haven't noticed any lag on them. They seemed to be just as snappy as any other iOS device I have ever used. Again, maybe it's because I have used many Android devices. You don't know lag until you use a skinned Android device.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Doctorwaynewilliams, I agree. I've played with many android phones and notice significant lag, especially as they get older and held down with some apps and programs. iPhones as a whole are much less laggy than android. My take is not one of Apple vs android, but Apples vs apples (pun intended). I intend to stick with Apple devices, so altogether I feel I do offer a real opinion on them. I still have many of my older iPhones also. The 6+ moves faster than the iPhone 4, but once past there and into the iPhone 5, it runs slower doing usual day to day activities on the phone. I'm holding out hope for improvement with software updates though honestly :)

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Doctorwaynewilliams, I agree. I've played with many android phones and notice significant lag, especially as they get older and held down with some apps and programs. iPhones as a whole are much less laggy than android. My take is not one of Apple vs android, but Apples vs apples (pun intended). I intend to stick with Apple devices, so altogether I feel I do offer a real opinion on them. I still have many of my older iPhones also. The 6+ moves faster than the iPhone 4, but once past there and into the iPhone 5, it runs slower doing usual day to day activities on the phone. I'm holding out hope for improvement with software updates though honestly :)

Yeah, I think that with some updates that the lag you see may be taken care of.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Let's start from the beginning. The OP didn't title the thread "My iPhone 6 Plus is a joke..." He titled it, "The iPhone 6 Plus is a joke...". See the difference? He went on to say how he stood in line to get the device, etcetera, and then in typical fashion, he threw the first punch:

But here we get the real hardcore Apple fan boys: ?This is an Apple device man, we don?t need specs and in Apple devices, we don?t need specs? So what the hell do you need? Spend thousands every year for the same crap? Get a thinner device every year? Apple is really pushing it, this is a joke.

It's one thing to critique the product, but when that critique expands into the realm of ridiculing those who enjoy the critiqued product then expect those people to respond with a critique of their own. My personal critique of the OP's post is this: Why keep a device that you believe to be insufficient? With so many people waiting to buy the iPhone 6/6 Plus, he shouldn't have any problems selling it and recouping the money he spent for it. It's like ordering a sprite and then complaining about the taste, and when the waitress offer to bring you a different drink, you decline but continue complaining about the taste of the Sprite. #smh

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with the OP expressing his opinion. The title of the thread is maybe a little strong and his post a little long. Do not make the debate personal. Discuss the topic, not the members posting in the thread.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion if you're just going to come here and complain about a device than yes you are going to get hammered.

If you have a legitimate issue then you will get help.

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I think it's a legit complaint. But over the top in presentation is all. Top of line macs get you choices of processor, ran, etc.

I'd like to see Apple focusing more on the plus. Not one processor runs them all and they all only need 1gb of ram. Do we see 8gb of ram in 15" mbp retina? Or i5 dual core processors in them?

Apple to me is about optimizing each device for its software. I wouldn't say the iPhone plus is that right now. I had no problem recommending the 5S as a long term phone. The 6 is probably that as well. But not the Plus.

The S version Plus could be quad core. Bump the ram. Give it a screen res of 2208x1242. And everyone lives happily ever after. That would be the long term version.

And again I'm fine with the current plus especially knowing I will upgrade it within a year. But if I was independently reviewing it, I'd have to knock off some points.

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have occasionally seen a little stutter with screen rotation, but it has only happened a handful of times in the last 2 weeks.

While it can be annoying, everything else on the 6+ has been great, maybe a later update will fix it. Even if it's not fixed I will still be perfectly happy with my 6+.

iamtim

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
Well honestly I think it came on strong with the title stating that the phone is a "joke".

Just a bit, yeah.

But when I compare my iPhone 5 running iOS 7 and my iPhone 5s running iOS 8 and both run much faster ... then something is clearly a bit wrong here.

Given your history with iPhones, I'm surprised that you were so quick to damn the model instead of looking at it as a more local issue. Maybe you got a bad phone. Did you restore a backup from a previous phone? If so, maybe it brought some unhappiness along with it. Did you try restoring the phone from scratch through iTunes? Did you bring it back to an Apple Store for troubleshooting and possibly a replacement before you headed off to the internet to scorch the entire line?

It just seems to me that if your issues were common, there'd be a great many more posts and news about it. Since that's not happening, the most logical explanation is that the problems you're seeing are local to your phone.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think it's a legit complaint. But over the top in presentation is all. Top of line macs get you choices of processor, ran, etc.

I'd like to see Apple focusing more on the plus. Not one processor runs them all and they all only need 1gb of ram. Do we see 8gb of ram in 15" mbp retina? Or i5 dual core processors in them?

All it is going to do is create more fragmentation than we're starting to experience now. Imagine having 3GB of ram on a Plus as opposed to 1GB of ram on a cheaper version of the Plus. Developer nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.