The iPhone 6 Plus is a JOKE. And here I tell you why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I noticed a little lag when I first took it out of the box, once I had it set up the lag almost completely disappeared. Every once in a while I will notice a slight stutter here or there (Primarily during screen rotation) however no deal breakers. I think that apple did a fantastic job and I am fine with the fact that it only has 1 gig of ram. I had the opportunity to play with my 6 plus and a note 4 at best buy and my 6 plus was much more fluid than the note 4. However I did like the screen on the note 4 ;-) not better, just different. I hope the OP found a resolution that works for him/her. And to the rest of us, I hope you are enjoying your 6 plus as much as I am.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
First off, I will start off with my experience:​

I have been using the iPhone 6 Plus since September the 19th. Yes I am one of the people that camped out of the Apple Store the day before its launch (Fan boy), there is no need to share my experience as we all know most people always have a good time while on line as you all may know. We all love Apple and it’s all about Apple talks all night and everything makes perfect sense. We are all on the same track. Anyway, I got my hands on the iPhone 6 plus on the 19th. Went back home and fired it up. First impression, “Man this things is beautiful” I loved it, I didn’t have a single doubt that the $1,030 I just spent on a rather expensive phone was worthless. It was far more than worth it. Man, the screen is just beautiful. But as the days passed I realized about a couple of things: Lagginess: The phone was lagging, just straight up lagging. I was okay with that as I knew iOS 8 was a total disaster, but I can’t deal with a brand new phone lagging that was just announced a week ago, let’s not even cover 8.0.1 (First down vote for Apple), Also, Speaker: I can’t watch a video on the iPhone 6 or any iPhone without covering the speaker, bad design, but let’s not focus on that, that’s not a deal breaker. Let’s focus on the real deal: The device and its specs, oh yeah, before I forget… the so well-known Bend-gate issue? Doesn’t bother me. I am not a dumbass and I won’t sit on my phone, if I manage to bend it I will just go to the Apple Store and pay $80 for a replacement or get it replaced.

Besides the device itself and as an Aerospace and Electrical engineer I decided to do my own research and find out what the hell was wrong with my device, if it was really a RAM/hardware issue or straight up software.

RAM: I started with RAM since it is only 1GB of RAM. Apple is playing with us. Man, we are in 2014 a phone with 1GB of RAM at this point is a joke, I am not going to talk about Android here, we all know Android has by far the BEST specs in the market. But here we get the real hardcore Apple fan boys: “This is an Apple device man, we don’t need specs and in Apple devices, we don’t need specs” So what the hell do you need? Spend thousands every year for the same crap? Get a thinner device every year? Apple is really pushing it, this is a joke. I had a discussion with some other really hardcore Apple fan boys the other day on some other forum, and they said that RAM wasn’t necessary at all, that 1GB is perfect (We all know is not, right?) but yet. Whenever the iPhone 6S is announced with 2GB of RAM the same fan boys will go and stand and explain why it is the best decision ever made by Apple and why it makes perfect sense, that they have needed it since “years ago”. Sometimes I don’t understand that people.

Screen: The display pixels does NOT match the rendered pixels by the GPU. The reason for that is the 1080p displays have been available for a long time... cough.. Android cough.. And they are also cheaper and WAY faster to implement than the weird 2240x1200 resolution that the GPU renders at. Probably next year we will see a better resolution at about 2240x1200 to match the internal resolution.
Processor/GPU: Okay Apple.., yeah, you are giving me a “brand new” processor (clocked at the same speed as the A7) but okay it is a new year and it has an “8” at the end (I am so hyped!, Actually I was.. for nothing.) It’s the same iPhone 5S processor with a new number, wonder why Apple didn’t compare the A7 against the A8 now? “It is 55% faster than the original iPhone people!” Now tell me one thing Apple, Who is comparing the original iPhone against the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 or 6 Plus? No one. But let’s get into the iPhone 6 Plus. This is the biggest error and the worst thing about the iPhone 6 Plus. How dare you use the same A8 processor from a 4.7 inch screen on a 5.5 inch display? That’s a BIG joke. Here is why: The iPhone 6 renders about one million pixels (Oh yes, “whoa!”) but the iPhone 6 Plus renders about THREE million pixels. THREE times more pixels than the iPhone 6 and they used the same processor with the same CPU and Clock speeds? We don’t need it to be faster but the extra TWO million pixels have to come from somewhere. Remember: the A8 is the A7 processor is the same with a new damn name. Nothing new. Don’t tell me the A8x is still in development and that could not be implemented on the iPhone 6 plus at all. I am sure it is going to debut with the iPad Air 2, it could have debuted with the 6 Plus at least.
But don’t forget the A8 is a 64 BIT PROCESSOR! Tell me something, is there any app optimized for the 64 bit chip? None at the moment. And if we ever get those they are going to need a good amount of RAM, 1 GB of RAM is not going to cut it.
If you have an iPhone 6 Plus and want to experience it by yourself:
Take a look at the recently update Modern Combat 5, Frames Per Second are the worse ever and the game lags at times and sometimes you even get crazy and weird animations.
For the science: I was writing a comment on some website the other day on my iPhone 6 Plus, I copied the text I was typing and went to the home screen, opened music started playing some music, went into LinkedIn and looked at about two profiles and took a screenshot, opened messages and sent the text I copied to myself into my iPhone 5, opened two other apps (Apple Store and Clock to activate my alarm) closed them both and went back to Safari to continue my comment. But… OH SURPRISE. The page reloaded. (I was glad I copied the comment)

At this moment I decided to make the same experiment on my iPhone 5, so I did the same of what I did on my 6 Plus on my iPhone 5, opened the same apps on the same order, same time lapse, and I was surprised. The iPhone 5 did NOT reload the website. (Both are on iOS 8.0.2), that only tells me that the iPhone 6 Plus is totally incompetent against the iPhone 5.
Apple just made an iPad 3 all over again, ladies and gentlemen. With bad RAM and a bad Chip (A8) that can’t even handle the damn screen resolution.

Apple won’t understand, Apple won’t give better specs unless we stop buying worthless phones with outdated specs, I can’t wait for Apple to give us iOS 9 and see how the iPhone 6 Plus lags.

Yes, back in the day on the glory days of Apple (iPhone 4 and 4s), Android was crap. Not anymore, Apple is turning out to be the worse and Android is being smarter.

Just my .2 cents. Have a good day.

thank_you_for_input_sherlock.gif

johnshawn

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Of course, this is an Apple Forum. I expected this and I knew this could happen, all I wanted was the people on this forum to know and understand what is going on, and how Apple laughs at us.

For those wondering how much time did it took me to write this.. Not even half an hour. Yesterday right after eating dinner and instead of reading the news at Yahoo or sit outside with my iPad reading a book, I decided to look into it and write this opinion after i did my research for a couple of days.
Yes, I did camp out the Apple Store to buy an iPhone, I have used an iPhone since the 3GS, first time I ever camped out because I was on vacation for a week and wanted to feel the "Experience". as I said, it was wonderful.

Surprisingly, the same exact thing happened when I talked about fuel efficiency on a Aerospace forum, and how our company stops us from making airplanes lighter and RR (Rolls Royce) which is our primary engine manufacturer wont allow us and wont give us a budget to use new technologies on its engines. I wanted to let them know what was going on and how and why airplane tickets are more expensive than ever.
I got the same replies "Well dude, just work with Airbus!, for sure you can make the whale A380 more fuel efficient." That was not my point either, as I work for the competition of Airbus.
As an example: If we manufacture an Airplane that is bigger and it uses the same engines used on a previous model and just use them on the new airfoil NO company will buy it. Ex. Boeing 737-100 and 737-200, No company bought the 737-200. As it was bigger, less fuel efficient and used the same engines. Yeah yeah, I know I will get the: "That is not an Airplane man! this is a phone!, Does not matter, specs apply everywhere. (Or probably it is just me that I was thought since college that specs is what matters the most.)

The same with Apple, they are giving same specs just a new design, the phone is bigger and as a result it needs more resources and the phone just cant handle it all, therefore lag is present and iOS will probably become unusable on the 6 Plus whenever we get iOS 11.

I did not post this for attention, I have a family and a life like all of you. All I wanted is you guys to open your eyes and know what you are buying. This is why Apple makes outdated phones and sells them like it is the hottest thing ever, when it is not.
This was not a post for me to move to Android. No, in fact I have a Galaxy S5, and it lags every time. (Work issued phone) But I know Android has a tendency to lag, so it is not a big deal. But not the iPhone, I cant deal with an iPhone that was announced a month ago and is not smooth.

This is why Apple will never step up, this is why we will not develop more fuel efficient airplanes. Because people will still fly in them, Apple wont add specs because people will keep buying their iPhone like hungry dogs and Apple knows it.

I also forgot to mention on the post: The iPhone 6 is by far better than the iPhone 6 Plus. It can handle the screen and the specs are I think perfectly for the screen. But not the 6 Plus. Look at the iPad 3, Look at the iPad Mini with Retina Display. Apple makes mistakes and they made another one, once again.

In case someone was wondering, I will keep my iPhone 6 Plus, I love the phone and the design is something that is out of the ordinary, but what is inside is what bothers me and some of my colleagues as well.

Have a good day.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Of course, this is an Apple Forum. I expected this and I knew this could happen, all I wanted was the people on this forum to know and understand what is going on, and how Apple laughs at us.

For those wondering how much time did it took me to write this.. Not even half an hour. Yesterday right after eating dinner and instead of reading the news at Yahoo or sit outside with my iPad reading a book, I decided to look into it and write this opinion after i did my research for a couple of days.
Yes, I did camp out the Apple Store to buy an iPhone, I have used an iPhone since the 3GS, first time I ever camped out because I was on vacation for a week and wanted to feel the "Experience". as I said, it was wonderful.

Surprisingly, the same exact thing happened when I talked about fuel efficiency on a Aerospace forum, and how our company stops us from making airplanes lighter and RR (Rolls Royce) which is our primary engine manufacturer wont allow us and wont give us a budget to use new technologies on its engines. I wanted to let them know what was going on and how and why airplane tickets are more expensive than ever.
I got the same replies "Well dude, just work with Airbus!, for sure you can make the whale A380 more fuel efficient." That was not my point either, as I work for the competition of Airbus.
As an example: If we manufacture an Airplane that is bigger and it uses the same engines used on a previous model and just use them on the new airfoil NO company will buy it. Ex. Boeing 737-100 and 737-200, No company bought the 737-200. As it was bigger, less fuel efficient and used the same engines. Yeah yeah, I know I will get the: "That is not an Airplane man! this is a phone!, Does not matter, specs apply everywhere. (Or probably it is just me that I was thought since college that specs is what matters the most.)

The same with Apple, they are giving same specs just a new design, the phone is bigger and as a result it needs more resources and the phone just cant handle it all, therefore lag is present and iOS will probably become unusable on the 6 Plus whenever we get iOS 11.

I did not post this for attention, I have a family and a life like all of you. All I wanted is you guys to open your eyes and know what you are buying. This is why Apple makes outdated phones and sells them like it is the hottest thing ever, when it is not.
This was not a post for me to move to Android. No, in fact I have a Galaxy S5, and it lags every time. (Work issued phone) But I know Android has a tendency to lag, so it is not a big deal. But not the iPhone, I cant deal with an iPhone that was announced a month ago and is not smooth.

This is why Apple will never step up, this is why we will not develop more fuel efficient airplanes. Because people will still fly in them, Apple wont add specs because people will keep buying their iPhone like hungry dogs and Apple knows it.

I also forgot to mention on the post: The iPhone 6 is by far better than the iPhone 6 Plus. It can handle the screen and the specs are I think perfectly for the screen. But not for the 6 Plus. Look at the iPad 3, Look at the iPad Mini with Retina Display. Apple makes mistakes and they made another one, once again.

In case someone was wondering, I will keep my iPhone 6 Plus, I love the phone and the design is something that is out of the ordinary, but what is inside is what bothers me and some of my colleagues as well.

Have a good day.

TL;DR. Meh.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You still do not have a valid complaint because you chose to buy the device. You have or had the opportunity to return it for a refund, but by your own admission, you're opting to keep the very device that you called "a joke". That, in and of itself, renders the point you are attempting to make utterly pointless, in my opinion...:)...Having said that, enjoy your iPhone 6 Plus.

Last edited:

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Iphone 6 Plus does everything I want it to do and I'm a sucker for Itunes integration. Soooo. . .I don't see the problem. :D

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Your logic is flawed. Consider that, every year, the new iPhone is one of the fastest, if not the fastest phones on the market. Specs be damned.

Apply that to your airplane engine example. If every year, the new engines were the most fuel efficient on the market, what does it matter if they're using the best technology and materials?

Yes, Apple could use more ram and a higher clocked quad core processor and participate in the spec war... But considering they're always at the front of the pack in terms of performance, and despite your experiences, for most people, the OS experience has always been smooth, what would be the point?

Example: if you put two devices in front of me: one is running some 3.4gHz 8-core processor and 16gb of ram and has a 4k display and 50mp camera... And the other is a 1.0gHz single core, with 1gb of ram, a 720p screen, and 5mp camera, based on specs, you'd choose the first device, yes? But what if the second device was just as fast and smooth or even faster, and because of image processing takes just as good of a picture? What do all the specs matter now? Does the beefy specs on paper make you sleep better at night? Because me? Me, I'd be mad at my spec warrior phone that gets slapped around by an "inferior" device.

That's like a 5'2" 140lbs guy jumping in the ring with a 6'0" 200lbs heavy weight boxer and going toe to toe, round after round... Who should feel worse? The small guy with the weaker stats? Or the big guy who should easily win, but doesn't?

Last edited:

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
First off, I will start off with my experience:​

I have been using the iPhone 6 Plus since September the 19th. Yes I am one of the people that camped out of the Apple Store the day before its launch (Fan boy), there is no need to share my experience as we all know most people always have a good time while on line as you all may know. We all love Apple and it?s all about Apple talks all night and everything makes perfect sense. We are all on the same track. Anyway, I got my hands on the iPhone 6 plus on the 19th. Went back home and fired it up. First impression, ?Man this things is beautiful? I loved it, I didn?t have a single doubt that the $1,030 I just spent on a rather expensive phone was worthless. It was far more than worth it. Man, the screen is just beautiful. But as the days passed I realized about a couple of things: Lagginess: The phone was lagging, just straight up lagging. I was okay with that as I knew iOS 8 was a total disaster, but I can?t deal with a brand new phone lagging that was just announced a week ago, let?s not even cover 8.0.1 (First down vote for Apple), Also, Speaker: I can?t watch a video on the iPhone 6 or any iPhone without covering the speaker, bad design, but let?s not focus on that, that?s not a deal breaker. Let?s focus on the real deal: The device and its specs, oh yeah, before I forget? the so well-known Bend-gate issue? Doesn?t bother me. I am not a dumbass and I won?t sit on my phone, if I manage to bend it I will just go to the Apple Store and pay $80 for a replacement or get it replaced.

Besides the device itself and as an Aerospace and Electrical engineer I decided to do my own research and find out what the hell was wrong with my device, if it was really a RAM/hardware issue or straight up software.

RAM: I started with RAM since it is only 1GB of RAM. Apple is playing with us. Man, we are in 2014 a phone with 1GB of RAM at this point is a joke, I am not going to talk about Android here, we all know Android has by far the BEST specs in the market. But here we get the real hardcore Apple fan boys: ?This is an Apple device man, we don?t need specs and in Apple devices, we don?t need specs? So what the hell do you need? Spend thousands every year for the same crap? Get a thinner device every year? Apple is really pushing it, this is a joke. I had a discussion with some other really hardcore Apple fan boys the other day on some other forum, and they said that RAM wasn?t necessary at all, that 1GB is perfect (We all know is not, right?) but yet. Whenever the iPhone 6S is announced with 2GB of RAM the same fan boys will go and stand and explain why it is the best decision ever made by Apple and why it makes perfect sense, that they have needed it since ?years ago?. Sometimes I don?t understand that people.

Screen: The display pixels does NOT match the rendered pixels by the GPU. The reason for that is the 1080p displays have been available for a long time... cough.. Android cough.. And they are also cheaper and WAY faster to implement than the weird 2240x1200 resolution that the GPU renders at. Probably next year we will see a better resolution at about 2240x1200 to match the internal resolution.
Processor/GPU: Okay Apple.., yeah, you are giving me a ?brand new? processor (clocked at the same speed as the A7) but okay it is a new year and it has an ?8? at the end (I am so hyped!, Actually I was.. for nothing.) It?s the same iPhone 5S processor with a new number, wonder why Apple didn?t compare the A7 against the A8 now? ?It is 55% faster than the original iPhone people!? Now tell me one thing Apple, Who is comparing the original iPhone against the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 or 6 Plus? No one. But let?s get into the iPhone 6 Plus. This is the biggest error and the worst thing about the iPhone 6 Plus. How dare you use the same A8 processor from a 4.7 inch screen on a 5.5 inch display? That?s a BIG joke. Here is why: The iPhone 6 renders about one million pixels (Oh yes, ?whoa!?) but the iPhone 6 Plus renders about THREE million pixels. THREE times more pixels than the iPhone 6 and they used the same processor with the same CPU and Clock speeds? We don?t need it to be faster but the extra TWO million pixels have to come from somewhere. Remember: the A8 is the A7 processor is the same with a new damn name. Nothing new. Don?t tell me the A8x is still in development and that could not be implemented on the iPhone 6 plus at all. I am sure it is going to debut with the iPad Air 2, it could have debuted with the 6 Plus at least.
But don?t forget the A8 is a 64 BIT PROCESSOR! Tell me something, is there any app optimized for the 64 bit chip? None at the moment. And if we ever get those they are going to need a good amount of RAM, 1 GB of RAM is not going to cut it.
If you have an iPhone 6 Plus and want to experience it by yourself:
Take a look at the recently update Modern Combat 5, Frames Per Second are the worse ever and the game lags at times and sometimes you even get crazy and weird animations.
For the science: I was writing a comment on some website the other day on my iPhone 6 Plus, I copied the text I was typing and went to the home screen, opened music started playing some music, went into LinkedIn and looked at about two profiles and took a screenshot, opened messages and sent the text I copied to myself into my iPhone 5, opened two other apps (Apple Store and Clock to activate my alarm) closed them both and went back to Safari to continue my comment. But? OH SURPRISE. The page reloaded. (I was glad I copied the comment)

At this moment I decided to make the same experiment on my iPhone 5, so I did the same of what I did on my 6 Plus on my iPhone 5, opened the same apps on the same order, same time lapse, and I was surprised. The iPhone 5 did NOT reload the website. (Both are on iOS 8.0.2), that only tells me that the iPhone 6 Plus is totally incompetent against the iPhone 5.
Apple just made an iPad 3 all over again, ladies and gentlemen. With bad RAM and a bad Chip (A8) that can?t even handle the damn screen resolution.

Apple won?t understand, Apple won?t give better specs unless we stop buying worthless phones with outdated specs, I can?t wait for Apple to give us iOS 9 and see how the iPhone 6 Plus lags.

Yes, back in the day on the glory days of Apple (iPhone 4 and 4s), Android was crap. Not anymore, Apple is turning out to be the worse and Android is being smarter.

Just my .2 cents. Have a good day.

First of all, man, that's too long of a BS essay just for a darn phone, you have way too much free time for an " Aerospace Engineer" I switched from Android to iOS, and I like iPhone 6, that's all I care about. I'm fortunate enough to drop it and buy new one any time I stop liking it, and without complaining about it here. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I kind of agree with OP on some points. But as said by others, iPhone 6+ is no slouch. It is not a laggy device neither feels slow as Android. Maybe you just need to restore as fresh and lock the auto-rotation. Maybe that will help you cool off. Maybe such a simple thing will make your phone work flawless, as it does for others. We here love iPhones and we are not stupid. When I'll think that my iPhone needs bigger processor and larger ram which Apple is not providing, I'll switch. But this is not going to happen anytime soon if Apple does its job like its doing now. :) If you think Apple lacks ram, get another smartphone with 2,3 Gigs of ram and maybe that will make you happy. Please stop whining and enjoy your phone for once.

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Your logic is flawed. Consider that, every year, the new iPhone is one of the fastest, if not the fastest phones on the market. Specs be damned.

Apply that to your airplane engine example. If every year, the new engines were the most fuel efficient on the market, what does it matter if they're using the best technology and materials?

Yes, Apple could use more ram and a higher clocked quad core processor and participate in the spec war... But considering they're always at the front of the pack in terms of performance, and despite your experiences, for most people, the OS experience has always been smooth, what would be the point?

Example: if you put two devices in front of me: one is running some 3.4gHz 8-core processor and 16gb of ram and has a 4k display and 50mp camera... And the other is a 1.0gHz single core, with 1gb of ram, a 720p screen, and 5mp camera, based on specs, you'd choose the first device, yes? But what if the second device was just as fast and smooth or even faster, and because of image processing takes just as good of a picture? What do all the specs matter now? Does the beefy specs on paper make you sleep better at night? Because me? Me, I'd be mad at my spec warrior phone that gets slapped around by an "inferior" device.

That's like a 5'2" 140lbs guy jumping in the ring with a 6'0" 200lbs heavy weight boxer and going toe to toe, round after round... Who should feel worse? The small guy with the weaker stats? Or the big guy who should easily win, but doesn't?

I sir, salute you for your amazing examples. :)

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

And hence you stood in line to get one.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Omg i love dramaaaaa ahhaha i cant wait to get home to read it all. You came to the wrong forum dude hahahha it cracked me up

Status
Not open for further replies.