iPhone 6 Plus to 6 back to 6 Plus

What phone should I go with?

• Total voters

malibuboats91

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone I bought a 6+ on release day and once the two week period came around I decided to exchange it for the 6. I felt like the 6+ was too big in my pocket and too heavy for a phone. Now that I have a 6 I'm really starting to miss the battery life and screen size. I'm also using an otterbox so my 6 is almost as big as the 6+.

I'm a college student so I walk about 5 miles per day and typically keep my phone in my pocket. When I'm sitting I normally kept it in my pocket but I've been noticing that I take it out with both the 6 and 6+. I talk on the phone maybe an hour per week and the rest is using Facebook, Tapatalk, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. I typically have about 5-10 hours of use per day so I'm burning through my 6 battery by about 9:00 pm. My two week return period is almost up and I'm not quite sure what to do. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My opinion is that if you already bought a 6+, traded it back to have a regular 6 and then want to switch BACK to a 6+ again...nothing we say or suggest is going to really help your inability to make a decision and stick with it, that's something you're just going to have to settle in to decide.

To throw some obvious observations in here...the 6+ hasn't changed size or weight since you traded it in, so if you thought it was too big and heavy before, it's not going to be any different now.

malibuboats91

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
My opinion is that if you already bought a 6+, traded it back to have a regular 6 and then want to switch BACK to a 6+ again...nothing we say or suggest is going to really help your inability to make a decision and stick with it, that's something you're just going to have to settle in to decide.

To throw some obvious observations in here...the 6+ hasn't changed size or weight since you traded it in, so if you thought it was too big and heavy before, it's not going to be any different now.

Thanks for the reply! I really do miss the size. The weight is a issue though. My 6 in a otterbox is just slightly smaller than the 6 plus in my UAG case.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Personally I'd go with the 6+. If you're on campus for a long time the battery life can definitely come in handy. You can use a slim case with protection or just a leather case from apple (which barely adds bulk and weight). I am a student as well and I love the fact that I don't ever have to bring my charger with me. But to be honest I do not keep it in my pocket because of my huge protection case. Good luck with your choice!

malibuboats91

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Personally I'd go with the 6+. If you're on campus for a long time the battery life can definitely come in handy. You can use a slim case with protection or just a leather case from apple (which barely adds bulk and weight). I am a student as well and I love the fact that I don't ever have to bring my charger with me. But to be honest I do not keep it in my pocket because of my huge protection case. Good luck with your choice!

Thanks for the reply! How do you transport yours? What case do you have? Mine fit in my pocket but it was a little uncomfortable at times.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
What carrier you one? How would u go about the exchange? Most only allow one return/exchange but if that's a problem just see if u can't completely return it and then get the okus

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
And that is why I have both: )

I can switch back and forth depending on what I am doing.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I usually hold it (because I use it while walking) and If I am not using it I put it in my sweater pocket but it won't fit in my jeans pocket. The case I have is the griffin survivor case protects it from dust, and water drops (not waterproof). But it makes it HUGE! Try to get a case that keeps a slim profile but still adds some sort of protection because it might change your opinion on it. Get the 6+ though I really think you'll get used to the size.

malibuboats91

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I usually hold it (because I use it while walking) and If I am not using it I put it in my sweater pocket but it won't fit in my jeans pocket. The case I have is the griffin survivor case protects it from dust, and water drops (not waterproof). But it makes it HUGE! Try to get a case that keeps a slim profile but still adds some sort of protection because it might change your opinion on it. Get the 6+ though I really think you'll get used to the size.
Yeah the survivor is huge! I had the UAG Mavrrick on my 6+ and it was fine in my pocket. I'm considering the Pelican Voyager or Protector if I get a 6+. Once lifeproof comes out with a case that's most likely what I'll use for the long run though.

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I handled a 6 for the first time yesterday, it seems so much smaller than the 6+.
I can't imagine ever picking the 6 over the 6+. I do wish the 6+ was a little shorter at times but other than that it's the perfect size.

malibuboats91

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm going to go with the 6 plus. Even though I like the 6 I feel like every time I see a 6 plus I'm going to wish I had one. I just need to find one now. I'm thinking about ordering a contract free t-mobile on Apples website, then I'll check stores inventory a few times throughout the day. Hopefully I find one sometime soon otherwise I'll just get the one I ordered.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I carry this in my front pocket, it is a Glock 30S, it is 6.96" x 4.80" long and weighs about 34 oz. I carry it in my right front pocket daily in either dress pants, dockers or 511 pants. I carry the 6 plus in my left fromt pocket so everyone saying how large and hard to carry the 6 plus is your arguements are lost on me. Though I can see a girl having difficulty carrying it!

image.jpg

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I carry this in my front pocket, it is a Glock 30S, it is 6.96" x 4.80" long and weighs about 34 oz. I carry it in my right front pocket daily in either dress pants, dockers or 511 pants. I carry the 6 plus in my left fromt pocket so everyone saying how large and hard to carry the 6 plus is your arguements are lost on me. Though I can see a girl having difficulty carrying it!

View attachment 68045

You carry a .45 in your pocket? Why?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73