Wearable sports cases?

Dev from tipb

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I finally came across a use case where my 6 Plus is just too big -- mountain biking. With my old 5, I could slip it into my pants pocket and zip along the trails accompanied by music or podcasts. Potential bending issues aside, the 6 plus is just not comfortable there when biking, and throwing on a jacket keep it in a zippered pocket is just too toasty for a bike ride. I have used mounting brackets in the past but do not trust them fully on non-smooth paths.

With that in mind, does anybody have recommendations for either a wearable case for a 6 plus? I'd prefer one on the wrist instead of the biceps, but most of the established brands seem to focus on the upper arm.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I finally came across a use case where my 6 Plus is just too big -- mountain biking. With my old 5, I could slip it into my pants pocket and zip along the trails accompanied by music or podcasts. Potential bending issues aside, the 6 plus is just not comfortable there when biking, and throwing on a jacket keep it in a zippered pocket is just too toasty for a bike ride. I have used mounting brackets in the past but do not trust them fully on non-smooth paths.

With that in mind, does anybody have recommendations for either a wearable case for a 6 plus? I'd prefer one on the wrist instead of the biceps, but most of the established brands seem to focus on the upper arm.

Someone made a homemade wrist case and it looked ridiculous, I believe even he admitted that it was not comfortable. As for something official, I do not believe there is one. I am confused as to why you are not comfortable with your phone in a zippered pocket and that you think it is too "toasty". I do no bike ride but I do snowboard and keep the phone in my chest pocket (internal zippered) and paired with my BT headphones it works great. Temperature wise I suppose it would be slightly different but hugged against my body inside, my temp definitely raises and it has never been a problem. The only time I ever saw the iPhone "too hot to use" message was when I left it in my car during a trip to Arizona and it was like 105 out.

Dev from tipb

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You snowboard in 20-40 degrees. I mountain bike in 80-100 degrees.

I'm not asking about the *phone* getting too toasty wearing a jacket - I'm talking about *me* overheating. :)

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
You snowboard in 20-40 degrees. I mountain bike in 80-100 degrees.

I'm not asking about the *phone* getting too toasty wearing a jacket - I'm talking about *me* overheating. :)

Yes, that is true but my body temperature certainly is higher with my Oakley gear. Either way I got ya. There was concern some time ago about the iPhone overheating message. I thought maybe that was your concern.

EEZ123

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I used my 5s mountain biking and I used the Quad Lock and attached it to my bike. I use run keeper and strava so I like having access. I used both wired and wireless headphones with it and it works fine with either. They haven't come out with a case for the 6 plus yet, but they are working on it. In addition to the bike mount they also make an armband that I will get for running. Here is a link to the bike mount for the 5s http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BN...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2364524

MaikJay

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
My phone stays in my pak. The top pocket of my Dakine Nomad. Nice and safe there. Too many things can happen out there on the trail and I'd rather be safe. Especially now with more night rides going on.