Typing on the 6 Plus

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit that I had an awful time trying to type with my two thumbs on the 6 Plus with any kind of speed. I just couldn't find the right grip. The phone just seemed top heavy. (My daughter did not have this problem.) Yesterday evening, I just decided to find a grip that was comfortable for me. After 20 minutes, I finally found the sweet spot. In combination with the auto correct, I can really type fast and accurately. I love this phone, all over again.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. We love to hear how members are enjoying their Apple products. Take care and have a great weekend...:)

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
There's always that awful adjustment period to the bigger phone. Glad it all worked out for you. Enjoy the 6+

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
It took some time to adjust, and although I still find landscape keyboarding extremely difficult, I am fully adjusted to portrait typing

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My biggest adjustment was going from a physical keyboard (Blackberry) to a virtual keyboard (iPhone/Android), now that was a challenge. Typing on a larger virtual screen (Note3) was an easy adjustment once I got use to a virtual keyboard, so if/when I decide to get the 6 plus I imagine I wouldn't have any problems.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It was an adjustment for me too but I've gotten use to it. I can even type one handed without too much difficulty. This phone has definitely grown on me.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's a pleasure to type on the 6 Plus. At times I really hated typing on the 3.5" and 4" screens because of how cramped the keyboard felt in width. I remember having such an easy time typing on the Note 3 and it furthered my enthusiasm for a 5.5" iPhone.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
The improved predictive text entry and other keyboard features of iOS 8 coupled with the big screen of the 6+ makes typing SO much easier than on the i5. I tried SwiftKey (still have it installed) but I'm faster and more accurate with the stock iOS keyboard now.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I found that it was a bit hard to get used to the size of the keyboard. But to make it better I have been trying all the third party keyboards and with TouchPals swyping I find it even eaiser to type fast. I can only imagine how it will improve over time.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Honestly for me it's been much easier to type on the 6 Plus screen.
I has major accuracy issues on the 5s, the massive screen of the Plus combined with the auto correct and the quick type function, i'm almost 100% accurate when typing on my phone now.

OP, i'm glad you found your comfort zone!

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
The improved predictive text entry and other keyboard features of iOS 8 coupled with the big screen of the 6+ makes typing SO much easier than on the i5. I tried SwiftKey (still have it installed) but I'm faster and more accurate with the stock iOS keyboard now.

I agree I prefer the stock keyboard. However, if SwiftKey gets updates to work better with iOS, then I might move to it. Right now there's too much lag with it and too many glitches

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I really like typing on the larger screen of the 6+, at least in portrait, I'm not a fan of the landscape keyboard. I would rather it have a plain keyboard instead of the copy/paste and other options that are on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh