T-Mobile 6 pkys on AT&T

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Since there us a shortage if AT&T 6 pluses in my area, can I buy an 6 plus for T-Mobile and use it with all bands for AT&T?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Actually I have a question the opposite of this. I bought 2 AT&T iPhone 6 plus's and might want to bring them to T-Mobile. I bought them full retail price, but they were shipped with AT&T SIM card and all (though I ended up using my iPhone 5 SIM to transfer service more easily). Can I just bring this to T-Mobile? I've read that you can, although it will not run on their faster networks and be stuck to the slower data speeds.....which is not good

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Actually I have a question the opposite of this. I bought 2 AT&T iPhone 6 plus's and might want to bring them to T-Mobile. I bought them full retail price, but they were shipped with AT&T SIM card and all (though I ended up using my iPhone 5 SIM to transfer service more easily). Can I just bring this to T-Mobile? I've read that you can, although it will not run on their faster networks and be stuck to the slower data speeds.....which is not good

If you paid full retail price then they will be unlocked. So you can use them on T mobile. Connect the phones to iTunes before you even set them up and you'll get a message saying they've been unlocked.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
If you paid full retail price then they will be unlocked. So you can use them on T mobile. Connect the phones to iTunes before you even set them up and you'll get a message saying they've been unlocked.

Would it show as unlocked now even though I'm still using AT&T service? Just wanna make sure because it was a complicated transaction when I bought them through Apple (wasn't supposed to buy them at full retail but had to, due to a few issues).

Also, I've read that when bringing and unlocked AT&T phone to T-Mobile, it will run only on HSPA21, which is slower data and not 42. Is this true ? Or just an old article

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

Yes but tmobile won't insure it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner