Since there us a shortage if AT&T 6 pluses in my area, can I buy an 6 plus for T-Mobile and use it with all bands for AT&T?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    10-09-2014 11:28 AM
    Yes. But you would have to buy it full retail from Apple so that it is unlocked.
    10-09-2014 11:32 AM
    Actually I have a question the opposite of this. I bought 2 AT&T iPhone 6 plus's and might want to bring them to T-Mobile. I bought them full retail price, but they were shipped with AT&T SIM card and all (though I ended up using my iPhone 5 SIM to transfer service more easily). Can I just bring this to T-Mobile? I've read that you can, although it will not run on their faster networks and be stuck to the slower data speeds.....which is not good
    10-09-2014 12:01 PM
    Actually I have a question the opposite of this. I bought 2 AT&T iPhone 6 plus's and might want to bring them to T-Mobile. I bought them full retail price, but they were shipped with AT&T SIM card and all (though I ended up using my iPhone 5 SIM to transfer service more easily). Can I just bring this to T-Mobile? I've read that you can, although it will not run on their faster networks and be stuck to the slower data speeds.....which is not good
    If you paid full retail price then they will be unlocked. So you can use them on T mobile. Connect the phones to iTunes before you even set them up and you'll get a message saying they've been unlocked.
    BlazingGold likes this.
    10-09-2014 12:05 PM
    If you paid full retail price then they will be unlocked. So you can use them on T mobile. Connect the phones to iTunes before you even set them up and you'll get a message saying they've been unlocked.
    Would it show as unlocked now even though I'm still using AT&T service? Just wanna make sure because it was a complicated transaction when I bought them through Apple (wasn't supposed to buy them at full retail but had to, due to a few issues).

Also, I've read that when bringing and unlocked AT&T phone to T-Mobile, it will run only on HSPA21, which is slower data and not 42. Is this true ? Or just an old article
    10-09-2014 12:07 PM
    You may have to request AT&T to unlock them but sincerity paid full retail there shouldn't be any issues.
    I believe the 6/6+ support all the T-Mobile bands except for a newer LTE band that they just started deploying. The 21 vs 42 is old and it referred to 3G+ speeds not LTE.
    BlazingGold likes this.
    10-09-2014 12:25 PM
    Yes but tmobile won't insure it.
    10-09-2014 02:41 PM