So I went to costco today and decided to get a wearable device to pair it with my iPhone 6 plus. I wanted to try it out since there's a hype with those fitness devices now... but I'm regretting it because there's no a single review that talks good about the jawbone up24. In addition, the app looks ugly on the iPhone 6 plus....

Does anyone here knows about a good wearable or work at some electronics store such as best buy that they could recommend me what's good?

thankssssss
    10-08-2014 11:22 PM
    What exactly do you mean by wearable device? What exactly are looking for?
    10-08-2014 11:30 PM
    Assuming you mean more like the Up24 (bracelets that monitor blah blah blah)...i don't know of ANY of them that are worth purchasing, and I've had both the Nike Fuelband and FitBit Flex...neither of them were worth the cost, both of them were fairly unreliable and inaccurate (especially as a pedometer), and honestly, with the new motion processors in the iPhones, I've found the device itself is far more accurate when used with various apps. I use two of the "Map My..." apps for walking/jogging and biking, and they work great.

I think the best thing you could do is just hold out for right now and wait for the Apple watch. Hopefully it will be fairly accurate, and I doubt Apple would release it if it was as bad as these wristband POS's are.
    10-08-2014 11:55 PM
    What exactly do you mean by wearable device? What exactly are looking for?
    like the jawbone... to track the steps, the intake calories, the calories you burn etc etc...
    10-08-2014 11:56 PM
    Assuming you mean more like the Up24 (bracelets that monitor blah blah blah)...i don't know of ANY of them that are worth purchasing, and I've had both the Nike Fuelband and FitBit Flex...neither of them were worth the cost, both of them were fairly unreliable and inaccurate (especially as a pedometer), and honestly, with the new motion processors in the iPhones, I've found the device itself is far more accurate when used with various apps. I use two of the "Map My..." apps for walking/jogging and biking, and they work great.

I think the best thing you could do is just hold out for right now and wait for the Apple watch. Hopefully it will be fairly accurate, and I doubt Apple would release it if it was as bad as these wristband POS's are.
    yea... i got the jawbone today and it's really disappointing to see how many bad reviews it has.

i will do that!!! wait for the apple watch.

thank you
    10-09-2014 12:02 AM
    I have the UP by Jawbone, I didn't buy it, I got it for free because I work for Verizon 😄 it works great with my iPhone 6 Plus, I mean the app is stretched out but it does work and I enjoy using it, but I can't justify paying $120 for this little thing
    10-09-2014 12:09 AM
    I have the UP by Jawbone, I didn't buy it, I got it for free because I work for Verizon it works great with my iPhone 6 Plus, I mean the app is stretched out but it does work and I enjoy using it, but I can't justify paying $120 for this little thing
    for how long have you had it?

i paid 95... things at costco are cheaper haha
    10-09-2014 12:31 AM
    for how long have you had it?

i paid 95... things at costco are cheaper haha
    I have had it for about 10 months, and I love how it tracks my steps and sleep, really like the active mode it has for when I go to the gym and work out
    I also enjoy the power nap mode! And when it vibrates when I'm being lazy, I have it on my all the time!

I guess the only time it gets a bit uncomfortable is when I sleep, when I change my position it kinda rubs on the sheets or pillow and it wakes me up because it's a tad rough
    Hiri89 likes this.
    10-09-2014 12:34 AM
    I have had it for about 10 months, and I love how it tracks my steps and sleep, really like the active mode it has for when I go to the gym and work out
    I also enjoy the power nap mode! And when it vibrates when I'm being lazy, I have it on my all the time!

I guess the only time it gets a bit uncomfortable is when I sleep, when I change my position it kinda rubs on the sheets or pillow and it wakes me up because it's a tad rough
    I went over the forums and people said that it only lasts for about 3 months. I just don't want to take any risks because i don't like throwing away 100 bucks... but well....

have you had any replacements ?
    10-09-2014 12:42 AM
    I went over the forums and people said that it only lasts for about 3 months. I just don't want to take any risks because i don't like throwing away 100 bucks... but well....

have you had any replacements ?
    That's so weird... I've had mine and I've never ever had it replaced
    It's worked fine every single day, I haven't had a problem with mine
    10-09-2014 12:44 AM
    That's so weird... I've had mine and I've never ever had it replaced
    It's worked fine every single day, I haven't had a problem with mine
    yea.. people were saying that they had to get a lot of replacements.

Idk what to do now ...
    10-09-2014 12:57 AM
    You could have just got a Pebble smart watch and it will track your steps with the UP app. The watch also does much more. I think they are still $99 at Amazon.
    10-09-2014 01:38 AM
    yea.. people were saying that they had to get a lot of replacements.

Idk what to do now ...
    If you go solely by what you read online about devices, you'd never own anything...ever.

Find one you like and try it out. That's the only way you can really say whether it was worth it for you or not.
    10-09-2014 01:50 AM
    I just picked up a pebble from best buy a couple days ago and I'm enjoying it. It has a lot more functionality than those fitness bands in the same price point ($99). I don't use it for fitness stuff but I'm pretty sure it is capable, maybe not as well as the ones designed for it though. I mainly use it for the music, notifications and weather so I can leave my phone in my pocket or holster most of the time. The only thing I would replace this with would be the Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-09-2014 02:17 AM
    I got a Nike fuelband SE for free over the summer and have no problem with it. I use it mostly to keep track during my workouts and it works just fine. I couldn't care less about the apps that coincide with these things because I just want a quick glance at my stats.

I tried the UP24 with the intention of trying it and returning it. The industrial design of it I think is superior to the fuelband and FitBit and is very comfortable. But it overcompensated for stats way too much and the fuelband does a better job. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate either but we're still years from 100% accuracy.
    10-09-2014 02:27 AM
    I got a Nike fuelband SE for free over the summer and have no problem with it. I use it mostly to keep track during my workouts and it works just fine. I couldn't care less about the apps that coincide with these things because I just want a quick glance at my stats.

I tried the UP24 with the intention of trying it and returning it. The industrial design of it I think is superior to the fuelband and FitBit and is very comfortable. But it overcompensated for stats way too much and the fuelband does a better job. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate either but we're still years from 100% accuracy.
    So do you still have the jawbone ?

Have you heard good reviews about it ?
    10-09-2014 03:42 AM
    So do you still have the jawbone ?

Have you heard good reviews about it ?
    No. I returned it because it wasn't worth $150 to me. I have read good reviews about it. It was the most comfortable one to wear.

Like Sean said, you can read all the reviews you want. It's not going to compare to your own experience with the thing. Get it, try it out, and if it's not up to what you want out of it then return it.
    Hiri89 likes this.
    10-09-2014 11:20 AM
    If you want wearable to pair with your iPhone 6+, you should just wait for the Apple Watch. I wouldn't spend any money on those existing wearable. Many of them will go away when the Apple Watch becomes available.
    10-09-2014 11:56 AM
    I've had the Jawbone Up, Nike Fuelband, and Fitbit Force - they were all crap.

Definitely wait for the Apple Watch.
    10-09-2014 12:09 PM
    I currently use the Jawbone Up24 and Pebble. Love the Up24. Definitely better than the Nike Fuelband. Jawbone is always updating their firmware and app and recently got the battery life of the band to 14 days!

I also love my Pebble, but have had issues with missed notifications since going to iOS 8 and firmware 2.7. It's starting to frustrate me.
    10-21-2014 10:14 AM