iPhone 6 Plus Optimized Apps

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
Anyone have a link or a good list of Apps that are optimized for the 6 Plus? I didn't see a thread on it yet, but maybe would could post what we have found.

List so far:

• 1password
  • Chrome
  • Adventure Express (awesome)
  • Simply HDR
  • Documents 5
  • Flipboard
  • Evernote
  • IMDB
  • Google News
  • Blink Keyboard
  • OneDrive
  • Tweetbot
  • Tweetlogix
  • JW Library
  • Gmail
  • Groupon
  • Scanner Pro
  • VLC Streamer
  • Air Video HD
  • NPR News
  • Instagram Hyperlapse
  • Runkeeper
  • Yahoo! Weather ??
  • CBS Sports Fantasy
  • Threema
  • Air Video HD
  • Pinterest
  • Wunderlist
  • Clear
  • Google
  • YouTube
  • Facebook
  • Instagram

Last edited:

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Not a really helpful answer...I'm kinda curious too!

1password
chrome
Adventure Express (awesome)
Simply HDR
Documents 5
Flip board

Anyone else that can add anything???

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
IMDB
Google News
Blink Keyboard (allows you to slide the keyboard to the left or right), still a little buggy, but great for 1 handed use
OneDrive

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I think you should just download the apps you need and not to have to worry too much about optimization. Apps publishers/developers are catching up, slowly but surely. Just give them a little time. Just look at Gmail for example. A few days ago, it was just with larger font. Now Google has updated the apps and it looks normal. Other apps will catch up later.

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
Personally, I think you should just download the apps you need and not to have to worry too much about optimization. Apps publishers/developers are catching up, slowly but surely. Just give them a little time. Just look at Gmail for example. A few days ago, it was just with larger font. Now Google has updated the apps and it looks normal. Other apps will catch up later.

Personally, I think you are missing the point of this post. Of course developers are going to catch up, that's what they do. I am personally looking for the apps that make the best use of the new, big screen. Maybe something I don't have, maybe find a use for this device that I didn't think of.

The iPhone 6 Plus is a whole new animal, it is going to do things that old iPhones simply didn't have the real estate for. If this doesn't excite you, perhaps you purchased the wrong device, or you just stumbled into the wrong forum.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
IMDB
Google News
Blink Keyboard (allows you to slide the keyboard to the left or right), still a little buggy, but great for 1 handed use
OneDrive

This is very helpful, thank you. Do you know if they made a keyboard that scales to the screen of the Plus much like what the iPad keyboard looks like?

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
Haven't seen a keyboard like that yet, but I'll keep my out for you.

Actually, Blink Keyboard is pretty big in landscape mode, none of those extra buttons like the default keyboard.

Last edited:

ungibbed

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
It's scaled to the screen. It's not actually optimized.

Looking at the status bar, it's easy to get tricked without noticing when you return to the springboard. Being on T-Mobile, I use Wi-Fi calling and when it's active while using an app that's not optimized, the Wi-Fi signal indicator is stuffed nearly next to the clock in portrait orientation.

Upon exit, all is what seems to be the new "normal", and the text returns to the native size of the display

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2