At the risk of looking very silly, I've read this thread at least three times and I'm more confused now than ever. I'm getting my 6+ this morning and want to get it setup up correctly. I've had iPhones since the 3, so this really shouldn't be foreign territory.

I did a backup last night of my 5 (from the phone to iCloud, not connected to iTunes).

My mail, contacts, etc come from my Company through Microsoft Exchange, no worries there.
    My photos have been downloaded separately, no worries there.

All I want to do is have all of my apps show up on the 6+ exactly as they are on the 5.

Will this be done if I do a restore and do I have to do the restore through iTunes?
    If I can do the restore from the phone using iCloud, do I delete all content and settings on the 6+ BEFORE the restore?

I hate asking these elementary questions but I don't want to get this one wrong.

Thanks for any help!
    You can do the restore through iCloud. When you are setting up the new iPhone, just follow the prompts. It will give you a choice of restoring from iCloud, restoring from iTunes or setting up as new. Just pick iCloud and enter your credentials. No need to delete all content and settings from the 6+ before the restore.
    RetroHarley likes this.
    10-14-2014 01:28 PM
    Do as Karen said and you'll be fine.

Don't let iTunes and iCloud confuse you. Backing up on iTunes is just an option in addition to backing up on iCloud. It's just a matter of which someone prefers to use (sometimes both).
    RetroHarley likes this.
    10-14-2014 01:34 PM
    When I first got my 6 Plus, I restored from a backup. Phone worked fine, I had no problems. But a couple of days later I decided to erase everything and set up as new. So I did one last iCloud backup (all I really cared about was my contacts) and erased the phone. My pics are all on Dropbox. When setting up as new I signed into iCloud and my contacts were all there. All I had to do was download my apps and do a little bit of tweaking. Battery life I noticed, was better (not that it wasn't great before). I'm glad I did it because for some reason I never deleted messages so I still had them dating back to 2010. Plus I'm sure there were a bunch of extra files and data that came from upgrading iOS each time. Learned some new info by checking this thread out too so thanks guys.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-15-2014 10:10 AM
    Messages back to 2010?? lol
    10-15-2014 01:11 PM
    I never bothered to delete messages, it was bad haha. But now I know better plus I love that there is an option to keep messages for a certain amount of time, I opted for 30 days.
    10-20-2014 05:34 PM
30 12