I am a happy user of iPhone 6 plus since its release recently. Moved from another lovely phablet, Nokia Lumia 1520 to iphone 6 plus, 128 GB

In the last 1 week, changed 3 protective covers for my iphone 6 plus - 2 from AT & T and yesterday from Apple store - those thin silicone stuff. Cool covers but still the 'Ringer off " or 'Mute " button is sometimes hard to access. You need finger nails to operate them with some of these thin covers.

Maybe Apple must implement a software mute feature - like it exists on windows 8 and 8.1 devices. Easy and software driven - can also act as a backup for the real hard, hardware button.

And for those of you looking at new covers for iphone 6 plus, do not forget to test this function when you buy a protective sleeve or cover.
    10-07-2014 11:59 AM
    I am a happy user of iPhone 6 plus since its release recently. Moved from another lovely phablet, Nokia Lumia 1520 to iphone 6 plus, 128 GB

In the last 1 week, changed 3 protective covers for my iphone 6 plus - 2 from AT & T and yesterday from Apple store - those thin silicone stuff. Cool covers but still the 'Ringer off " or 'Mute " button is sometimes hard to access. You need finger nails to operate them with some of these thin covers.

Maybe Apple must implement a software mute feature - like it exists on windows 8 and 8.1 devices. Easy and software driven - can also act as a backup for the real hard, hardware button.

And for those of you looking at new covers for iphone 6 plus, do not forget to test this function when you buy a protective sleeve or cover.
    Or, just don’t chew your fingernails down to bloody nubs. #justathought
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    10-07-2014 12:12 PM
    That's why I love my red Apple leather case. All buttons are easy to access with no issue.
    10-07-2014 01:47 PM
    This was a reason I didn't like the Spigen bumper I ordered. The switch was too deep.

Most 3rd party cases are garbage right now.
    10-07-2014 01:50 PM
    Some cases have a deep recess for the mute switch to help protect it in a drop.
    10-07-2014 04:35 PM
    I agree some have a pretty deep indent to reach that mute switch, but I've found the apple cases or even a few more be perfectly fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    10-08-2014 01:40 AM
    In addition to the physical button, Apple should add a mute toggle in the control center (you get by swiping up). And add a "muted" icon to the top of the screen near the battery icon.
    Yes, I have suggested this at the official feature request web site from Apple.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    10-08-2014 09:42 AM
    Settings
    General
    Accessibility
    Assistive Touch

I just learned about that the other day. I chew my fingernails down but I can still get to the mute button without much of an issue.
    10-08-2014 02:20 PM
    Settings
    General
    Accessibility
    Assistive Touch
    That makes it even more necessary to have a "mute" icon at the top of the screen.
    If you mute the device using Assistive Touch -> Device, then the switch position does not reflect the muted or un-muted status of the phone.
    10-08-2014 06:24 PM